usmle preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi,
I am new to this forum.
I want to know how to do preparation for usmle step 1 to get 240 around score? and which are the good classes available for it?

Members don't see this ad.

I took Step 1 March 10th 2017.
Scored 235.

I used UWorld Qbank
Pathoma
Doctors in Training (which is very expensive, but is easy to understand)
Did 3 practice NBME exams

Uworld, pathoma, sketchymicro, board review for biochem, and as many nbme practice tests as you can.. take an older one before studying, then you can take another one 3-4 w after studying then one a week until your exam. Give yourself at least 1 day off during the week. Classes... honestly, if you literally know nothing...maybe DIT but TBH i don't think it's worth it if your first practice score before studying is ~170 or higher...now if 3 weeks into studying and your score isn't increasing, then maybe consider it but if you want to save money, just use the materials above with First Aid... In retrospect it really is all you need, as long as you study rigorously on your study days and don't get lazy like I did lol. Good luck to you.

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

I took Step 1 March 10th 2017.
Scored 235.

I used UWorld Qbank
Pathoma
Doctors in Training (which is very expensive, but is easy to understand)
Did 3 practice NBME exams
hey if you dont mind me asking, what were your nbme scores like and which one correlated the best to the actual score?