USMLE - Official 2017 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jesus1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since there's no thread for the 2017 Step 2 CK, I figured I'd go ahead and create one. Happy new year in Step 2 CK land.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Sorry, jumped the gun....I just got the email that said "Score report available..." and that's all I read. lol. I guess it's good news to know it actually will be coming this morning!

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry, jumped the gun....I just got the email that said "Score report available..." and that's all I read. lol. I guess it's good news to know it actually will be coming this morning!
Still didn't get anything. :( really hope I'm getting it today.when did you take your exam ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get an email yet :/. 8/22. Then again I didn't get an email until after mine was available for step 1 so who knows

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the email! Says there could be delays because of server traffic but should be out after 11 EST

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just hope it will be released later during the day. I can't wait for one more week

that other person wrote it the 28th and got their score . I am an IMG doesnt know if this matters
I am too.we usually get our scores early? If we don't get it today how do we update our usmle transcript next week?

Maybe since there was server traffic the score reporting got delayed. Because if someone took it on 8/28 and got the scores back I think we should wait it out and hopefully it will be up soon.

Took it today. Was pretty rough tbh. It was pretty much like UW/UWSA topic-wise but the answers seemed like I could only narrow it to two a lot of the time. I thought people were making it up but it's real lol.
I've never been the best with dedicated study. I can't keep focused for a long time so I ended up averaging like 4-5 hr/day over the 2.5 weeks I studied.

Step 1 241
Shelf exams 75-85
NBME 4 (1 mo) 205 (wtf? how is this possible)
Reset UW (had 1700 left from the year lmao)
UW pass 73% (had 900 questions left when I took exam)
NBME 7 245 (10 days-Oh yay going to get a boost when I take UWSAs and I will be happy!)
NBME 6 92% (did offline idk what this translates to)
UWSA 2 246 (9 days- wtf? well people say it's hard but I can't wait to take UWSA1 and get that boost!)
- became kinda depressed and didn't study for 3 days
UWSA 1 243 (3 days- omg I'm going backwards how is this happening? I've never scored below average on any shelf I'm so confused!)
Free 120 90% (1day)

Well there you have it. I'm not meant for dedicated periods. I can't keep up with the rest of ya'll pumping through qbanks 12 hours/day. Hoping to land 250 but who knows. Was a hard exam. I marked probably ~15 per block on average. Most of those were 50/50s and some were just wtf.

Also WTF IS with all the US Army, Navy, and Marines on this exam? The questions didn't even have anything to do with that most of the time lol.

254! **** you NBME! I win this time.
I'm also thoroughly prepared for the VA

Reactions: 5 users
My friend who took it with me on the same day, same center, received his scores and he goes to US Med school. It seems like the US Med students are receiving it first and then probably us US IMGs and IMGs on the ECFMG OASIS.

247!!!!!!
I'm so relieved.. was pretty sure I will get less after the exam experience. Just happy that it didn't drop below my step 1 score (244).. thank you God and thank you all you wonderful people.. this forum really helped me so much.. can't describe in words..

Reactions: 3 users
248, applying Diagnostic Radiology. Congrats to everyone who got their scores. And for those still waiting, I hope it's all good news!!!

247!!!!!!
I'm so relieved.. was pretty sure I will get less after the exam experience. Just happy that it didn't drop below my step 1 score (244).. thank you God and thank you all you wonderful people.. this forum really helped me so much.. can't describe in words..
Congrats on the great news!!

Lower than my UWSAs and my Step 1. I guess, not sleeping for 2 days before the exam will do that to you lol
Relieved I passed tho :)

Hopefully, it's gonna be enough for peds/IM/FM :)
I think it should be okay for peds/IM/FM, honestly. At least according to NRMP match outcomes for 2014 and last year.

Got the e-mail around 10am EST, saying that my score will be up after 11am.

UWSA1 1.5 wks out: 255
UWSA2 3 days out: 238

Step 2 CK: 243

edit: Took exam 8/26

Congratulations to everyone. No matter what score you got today, you worked hard and deserve to be proud of the hard work you've done! Thank you sdn for keeping me calm numerous times throughout my med school career :) next stop: step 3

Reactions: 5 users