Using a recruiter as a new grad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MVTBE

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
bump

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
mainly pros. the cons are that you will be inundated with offers and most of them won't be what you are looking for. Tell the recruiters what you want and what you don't want, and if they start giving you things that you don't want, fire them.

I honestly never even considered using a recruiter--what a fantastic idea! Please keep us up to date with what you decide to do and how it works out!

Members don't see this ad :)
I worked with several recruiters because I wanted to travel. You almost have to use a recruiter as a new traveler because it's hard to find contracts if you don't have any connections. If you're looking for a permanent position, recruiters might not be necessary, but they can find help you find a job in a particular location. The obvious disadvantage is that they take part of your income so they do have a price.

Reactions: 1 user
bump

Last edited:
they get some compensation from the people who hire them, so it indirectly comes out of money that they could have paid you. Its not a subtraction from your actual paycheck.