Use pre-exam 10 minutes to write down all physics formula on paper

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SteyrFWB

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some one recommended this method of using the pre-exam 10 minutes to write down all memorized physics/ chem formula on a blank paper.

Written down formula is excellent for the first section Chemistry/Physics for calm, quick referral

Has anyone try this before?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah it's a good strategy. I had a planned set of notes that I wrote out, to make myself feel better, and to use the 10 minutes to get into the zone. It was also my routine I used during practice tests so it got me in the same mental state during the real thing. At the end you turn in all scratch paper to toss away so it's legit.

During your prep you can figure out what small set of notes you want to write down for your test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some one recommended this method of using the pre-exam 10 minutes to write down all memorized physics/ chem formula on a blank paper.

Written down formula is excellent for the first section Chemistry/Physics for calm, quick referral

Has anyone try this before?

I did do this. Ended up with a 129 C/P and I largely credit that score to writing down the equations during the 10 min intro page.

if you do this, do you get to keep the paper you wrote them on? or is it a way to keep them memorized?
Im confused

if you do this, do you get to keep the paper you wrote them on? or is it a way to keep them memorized?
Im confused

you get a notebook of scratch paper when you enter the room so your notes will be on that scratch paper throughout the duration of the test.

Im confused

Yea basically when you enter the exam room for the first time you are given like 8 pages of scratch paper. You then have a ten minute window to "read" every aspect of the pre exam material on the computer. I instead used this to write down all the Chem and physics equations I could remember. I then had them at my disposal for the whole exam.

Yea basically when you enter the exam room for the first time you are given like 8 pages of scratch paper. You then have a ten minute window to "read" every aspect of the pre exam material on the computer. I instead used this to write down all the Chem and physics equations I could remember. I then had them at my disposal for the whole exam.

wow thats awesome

Honestly you are jsut going to freak yourself out before the test.....you have been studyign for months if you dont know it yet then you probably wont remember it to write down....you also have to sit around for like an hour depending on test center and you really cant be studying in the lobby before checking in.

edit: also you will most likely not use any of those equations on the real test but if it is a routine thing or therapeutic then do it lol

Honestly you are jsut going to freak yourself out before the test.....you have been studyign for months if you dont know it yet then you probably wont remember it to write down....you also have to sit around for like an hour depending on test center and you really cant be studying in the lobby before checking in.

edit: also you will most likely not use any of those equations on the real test but if it is a routine thing or therapeutic then do it lol

I definitely disagree with the first part - if you don't know them you can memorize all the equations you'd like to write down in about 2 days :p and you'd better be able to remember a few equations for an hour while you sit around lol.

I definitely disagree with the first part - if you don't know them you can memorize all the equations you'd like to write down in about 2 days :p and you'd better be able to remember a few equations for an hour while you sit around lol.
Sitting around for an hour before actual exam?

Once you check in, and handed a few sheets of blank scratch paper, how much time is it until you start the actual exam?

Is it just a few minutes? or up to an hour?

Can you start exam earlier?

Sitting around for an hour before actual exam?

Once you check in, and handed a few sheets of blank scratch paper, how much time is it until you start the actual exam?

Is it just a few minutes? or up to an hour?

Can you start exam earlier?
I would recommend that you examine the AAMC's information on what to expect on test day: MCAT Test Day and Security