Use outdated ACCP book vs recent ATS book for boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Captopril

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So being the slacker I am, I've decided to initiate my Pulm Board Studying cram session this month. Conundrum: my PD is recommending using the ACCP Pulmonary book, she said the test itself is almost straight out of the book. On the flip side, the new ATS book is pretty and an easier read. The main issue is, ACCP is severely outdated...they don't talk about NOACs, IPF therapies like OFEV/Esbriet, etc.

The dilemma is, which book to use? The ACCP which could potentially give you outdated info but has been a Pulm board hallmark for years? Or the more recent but untested ATS book? What are y'all using?

Side note: I will be attending the ACCP course in Orlando this August, dunno if that should sway me towards the ACCP book..

Members don't see this ad.

I finished the ATS book and am supplementing it with SEEK and Videos on demand from chest as board prep which is the accp slides. our two fellows last year passed doing this. hope that helps.