This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

When did you apply (both PharmCAS and USC Supplemental)?

• July 2016

• August 2016

• September 2016

• October 2016

Results are only viewable after voting.
did anyone interviewed on 3/11 get accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what the chances are of getting off of active consideration at this point in the admission cycle? Should I give up hope :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the chances are of getting off of active consideration at this point in the admission cycle? Should I give up hope :/
Did you check your e-mail? I received my final decision today via email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get accepted today? I got an email to fill out a waitlist form today.
me too:bigtears:. I assume there will be little chance to get in since they already have 190 people and I think if someone wants to turn down the offer, he/she would do it much earlier. Is there any other threads, eg, previous years threads, that we can see how waiting list ppl get in? I checked some but didn't find any useful info.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get accepted today? I got an email to fill out a waitlist form today.
Same. Staying hopeful but not counting on it.

Does anyone know how they want us to submit the form? In the body of the email they said to click submit but on the form it says to email them so I'm guessing emailing is better.
I'm also confused on the statements under the yes I'm still interested. Are those supposed to be checked off?

Same. Staying hopeful but not counting on it.

Does anyone know how they want us to submit the form? In the body of the email they said to click submit but on the form it says to email them so I'm guessing emailing is better.
I'm also confused on the statements under the yes I'm still interested. Are those supposed to be checked off?

I still have one class to take so I put "X" on one of the box under "yes I'm still interested". and once you click "submit", you're directed to your web mail to send it.

Reactions: 1 users
Any waitlisted people hear back yet?

Last edited:
Hi every body

I am still in waiting list. Interviewed on 11/18. Should I still be hopeful?!

Hi every body

I am still in waiting list. Interviewed on 11/18. Should I still be hopeful?!

They have started doing logistics and urging everyone to complete applications for intern licenses so they would say something latest by mid-June, because there is no way to complete all of that by July to have it ready in August (especially if you're out of state).

They have started doing logistics and urging everyone to complete applications for intern licenses so they would say something latest by mid-June, because there is no way to complete all of that by July to have it ready in August (especially if you're out of state).

Thank you for your comment. I live in LA. Are you in the USC class of Fall 2017?

Thank you for your comment. I live in LA. Are you in the USC class of Fall 2017?

Of course, no problem. I am in the class, and they have been really stressing us to complete paperwork, financial aid, etc. I am currently out of state, so its more frantic trying to turn in items on time. I hope you here back from them!

I called them and they said their time frame of accepting students off the waitlist goes all the way to the 3rd week of August. Still hoping to hear back (and getting in!) sooner though :oops:

I called them and they said their time frame of accepting students off the waitlist goes all the way to the 3rd week of August. Still hoping to hear back (and getting in!) sooner though :oops:

Oops, I stand corrected! Thank you. I hope everything works out for you!

good news! I hope we will get in soon.

anyone here that already gone through enrollment and payment? specially accepted from the wait list.

I like to know what is the process of making deposit ? how much is it? how did you pay it? check or direct deposit ? where did you pay on the website or ... ? and how long did you have time to do it.
I would be thankful if anyone explain it to me.

anyone here that already gone through enrollment and payment? specially accepted from the wait list.

I like to know what is the process of making deposit ? how much is it? how did you pay it? check or direct deposit ? where did you pay on the website or ... ? and how long did you have time to do it.
I don't think you can pay until a few weeks before the first day of class. I think loans usually come ~10 days before.

Hi, could you tell us when you got accepted from the waiting list? And if you don't mind, could you please share your stats?

Hi

I haven't been accepted yet :), I just wanted to know ahead of time about deposit fee. but I called them , they said they would try to finish it by the third week of the August. last year they added two applicant from the waiting list even when classes had been started. so be hopeful !

Hi

I haven't been accepted yet :), I just wanted to know ahead of time about deposit fee. but I called them , they said they would try to finish it by the third week of the August. last year they added two applicant from the waiting list even when classes had been started. so be hopeful !
I can hardly image how the school will accept more people when the seats are already full. Do you have any ideas that why there will be a open spot? I almost lose faith now.

I can hardly image how the school will accept more people when the seats are already full. Do you have any ideas that why there will be a open spot? I almost lose faith now.

Hi there,

Don't lose faith! From what I heard, last year 2 students at USC dropped out after classes already started because they got off the waitlist at ucsf.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The deposit was $1000, and it is added to your tuition (so it would be 1K shaved off your total cost). That's what they told the initially accepted folks. But you are supposed to fill out some paperwork, and send the money through the mail (money order), and that's how they receive it. I would ask them if you need to fill any paperwork, because that was when they started doing more background searches and things of that sort. They'll ask for signatures for official acceptance.

Hi! I am currently in the class, and don't lose hope! We just had a pre-orientation and we found out that 3 students dropped after the orientation. So hopefully they will be sending out acceptances soon! Good luck!! :)

Spoke with one of the admissions staff directly involved in the process and she said that pre-orientation was last week and the class size hasn't changed (its full) and chances are very slim that this will change. If anything it might be in August in case a student decides not to attend and forfeit their deposit but I wouldn't bet on it. SC is highly overrated anyway so for anyone still keeping their hopes up, just don't. If you've been accepted, be happy and look forward to the beginning of your program.

Sent from my SM-G935P using SDN mobile

Yeah, there are 193 enrolled right now. Use your judgement on what your plans are.

Hi! I am currently in the class, and don't lose hope! We just had a pre-orientation and we found out that 3 students dropped after the orientation. So hopefully they will be sending out acceptances soon! Good luck!! :)

Well, thank you for your blessing! I think I'm almost the last one to get on bus. So now, I believe "nothing is impossible" again!s
And Dr. Park mentioned yesterday that 2 students dropped out during the orientation. I think one didn't show up for the orientation and one dropped after the 2nd day of orientation. So maybe they will accept more, who knows.

Hi there,

Don't lose faith! From what I heard, last year 2 students at USC dropped out after classes already started because they got off the waitlist at ucsf.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Special thanks to your blessing. As I mentioned in the previously thread, I didn't except that I could be accepted right before the orientation.