This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

When did you apply (both PharmCAS and USC Supplemental)?

• July 2016

• August 2016

• September 2016

• October 2016

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have my USC interview coming up in Jan.

For those who have interviewed with USC, any tips on the interview?
When the first round got there, they told us to "be ourselves" lol
I'm going to say the same. Look over all of your essays; the pharmacy students that interview are going to ask about something in relation to essays. They never brought up grades, but you can always be prepared. Relax and enjoy it!!

You'll do great! :)

Members don't see this ad.

For anyone else who wants more info, feel free to ask! :)

Good Luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user

Good Luck to everyone!

Would you say the interview consisted mostly of behavioral questions? For example, "given circumstance X, what would you do?"

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you say the interview consisted mostly of behavioral questions? For example, "given circumstance X, what would you do?"
They definitely asked questions like that, just to see where you are character-wise. Most of the questions were constantly like that. They also assured me that "no answer is a wrong answer".

They definitely asked questions like that, just to see where you are character-wise. Most of the questions were constantly like that. They also assured me that "no answer is a wrong answer".

Thanks BlackUnicorn :D

How long was the interview and how many people were interviewing you?
The interview is about 50 minutes long and there are two people that interview you. They can range from professors, to current students, to preceptors (they are proud alumni :) ), so you're not sure who you are going to speak to. Also, it is not likely that the the person who owns the office space for the interview will be the person who you will actually be interviewed by (if that makes any sense).

I hope this helps!

Hey USCCO2021, I really hope USC will pull you off the AC list soon. What are your stats if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks
Thanks bkdanny225. Did you apply to USC too?
It is really frustrating to wait for USC to make a final decision because I have been in AC since last October...
My stats are:
Overall G.P.A = 3.39
Science G.P.A = 3.35
Math G.P.A = 3.5
Pharmacy Volunteer at UCSD Medical Center
Other Extracurricular Activities.

Thanks bkdanny225. Did you apply to USC too?
It is really frustrating to wait for USC to make a final decision because I have been in AC since last October...
My stats are:
Overall G.P.A = 3.39
Science G.P.A = 3.35
Math G.P.A = 3.5
Pharmacy Volunteer at UCSD Medical Center
Other Extracurricular Activities.

Yes. I submitted PharmCAS and supplemental applications literally 1 hour before the deadline :) Hopefully i will get an interview. The wait is so stressful.
I read from previous USC threads that they are going to accept a lot more studenst after the February interview so hang in there. I'm sure you will get accepted soon.
Are you from UC or USC?

Yes. I submitted PharmCAS and supplemental applications literally 1 hour before the deadline :) Hopefully i will get an interview. The wait is so stressful.
I read from previous USC threads that they are going to accept a lot more studenst after the February interview so hang in there. I'm sure you will get accepted soon.
Are you from UC or USC?
Good luck on getting an interview. I am from UCSD. You?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you from UC or USC?

Got invited for an interview for Feb, but I called & canceled my interview & withdrew my application for USC!
i hope you get an invite for an interview at USC!!

Got invited for an interview for Feb, but I called & canceled my interview & withdrew my application for USC!
i hope you get an invite for an interview at USC!!
Hi,

Why did you cancel the interview?

I withdrew my application from USC as well hege

Has anyone at this point gotten rejected or is it only acceptance and active consideration for now?

Hi,

Why did you cancel the interview?
i got other acceptances from higher ranked schools plus USC's tuition is extremely expensive. (i think it's worth it if money isn't an issue & if you're dying to stay in SoCal during & after school).

Reactions: 2 users

Good Luck to everyone!

Might sound trivial but about dress code... Would you recommend dressing business professional (full on suit), or business casual (w/o a tie)? How were most students dressed?

When I attended, there was no dress code, but most males wore slacks and a collared shirt. Shorts and t-shirts were very common however. Mel Baron (one of the faculty) always encouraged us to wear suits to lecture...lol

When I attended, there was no dress code, but most males wore slacks and a collared shirt. Shorts and t-shirts were very common however. Mel Baron (one of the faculty) always encouraged us to wear suits to lecture...lol

Hello Doc Hawaii, thanks for the info! What do you recommend for the interview?

Professional attire. Almost all applicants wear black pants/jacket with a white shirt. It's ok to wear another color, just do not look like a clown. Faculty always comment, "It looks like a funeral around here." However, they do not want you to be underdressed for the interview. Wishing you luck.

It took about three weeks to know where you are at after the interview.

One of the professors said the admission board doesn't meet until mid march so that is about right

Did anyone hear back from 2/17 interview? I was wondering how everyone thought they did on the interview...feel free to share! :)

Accepted today at 10:29am. From Feb 17th Interview. Good luck to everyone!

^Congratulations, bkdanny225! Accepted at the same time as well from the same interview. Best of luck, everyone!

Also accepted around 10:30am today! Congrats and good luck to all of you!

Accepted yesterday (March 2nd) at 10:29AM -- I was part of the 2/17 interview. Good luck to everyone, and feel free to ask me any questions.

Does anyone know if they have started accepting students off of the waitlist/ac?

Does anyone know if they have started accepting students off of the waitlist/ac?

Yes, I was place on waitlist/AC after my interview on January 20th. I just received my acceptance on 3/2/17 at 10:29am.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What are your stats if don't mind sharing

Sent from my SM-G935P using SDN mobile

Overall G.P.A = 3.60

Science G.P.A = 3.54

Math G.P.A = 3.5

About 2yrs Pharmacy experience

And multiple extracurricular activities

Don't focus on Stats to much. If they interviewed u they know u are academically capable. Waitlist is better then a denial. I wasn't expecting to hear back so soon. The email came as a surprise! Just hang in there. Your time will come!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Overall G.P.A = 3.60

Science G.P.A = 3.54

Math G.P.A = 3.5

About 2yrs Pharmacy experience

And multiple extracurricular activities

Don't focus on Stats to much. If they interviewed u they know u are academically capable. Waitlist is better then a denial. I wasn't expecting to hear back so soon. The email came as a surprise! Just hang in there. Your time will come!

Thank you! USC is your top choice? I noticed you also got UCSD acceptance.

Does anybody know what the acceptance rate is once you get offered the interview?

Thank you! USC is your top choice? I noticed you also got UCSD acceptance.

I was ecstatic to be accepted into any school, so I guess u can say I really didn't have a top choice. I'm still trying to make a decision. Now that I have options it's kind of hard.

I was ecstatic to be accepted into any school, so I guess u can say I really didn't have a top choice. I'm still trying to make a decision. Now that I have options it's kind of hard.

Yeaaa definitely very exciting having options! Congrats! Choices can be tough...gotta definitely consider the location and financial aspects

Well, I just declined USC offer of admission for UCSF. Good luck to all of you, hope you get in!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they sent out the pre-matriculation requirements yet?