This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peaceofmindaa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I haven't seen this thread yet, so I thought I'd start one :)
I just got accepted and I'm really excited to start. Has anyone else heard back? Are there any current students that have advice about the program?

Members don't see this ad.

Mee!! :) I got accepted last week! Congrats to youu!
I'm leaning towards this program but I'm iffy about it as well. :X

Update: I have submitted my statement of intent today!!!! I'm so excited for this program. :laugh:

Last edited:
Hi All!

I am currently a GM student on the Management track and am going to be graduating this May and attending medical school (most probably at Keck) this coming fall. I cannot say enough about how incredible this program is. The instructors are so knowledgeable, and many of them are leaders in the field of public health that they are instructing. The courses themselves are extremely practical as well, for example I am taking a medical Spanish course right now and have learned how to take a full patient history and physical exam in Spanish.

On the management track you get access to courses from one of the best business schools in the country. Two of my current classes involve me working on real world process improvement projects for two of LA’s premier hospitals. You also get the opportunity to study abroad. This March, over our spring break, I get to round table with leaders in the UN and UNICEF and learn about everything from how they develop their goals and policies to how the implement them.

Perhaps my favorite part of this program is the advisors though; they truly go above and beyond. They helped me prep for interviews, and create a schedule that would be flexible enough to allow for travel. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys,

Just to add on, also a student in the GM program on the Management Track! It's really a wonderful program and gives you a perspective you wouldn't normally get if you were to do a more traditional MPH or other masters program. Reach out if you have questions!

Reactions: 1 user
Peaceofmindaa, are you planning to go to their open house?

Hi All!

I am currently a GM student on the Management track and am going to be graduating this May and attending medical school (most probably at Keck) this coming fall. I cannot say enough about how incredible this program is. The instructors are so knowledgeable, and many of them are leaders in the field of public health that they are instructing. The courses themselves are extremely practical as well, for example I am taking a medical Spanish course right now and have learned how to take a full patient history and physical exam in Spanish.

On the management track you get access to courses from one of the best business schools in the country. Two of my current classes involve me working on real world process improvement projects for two of LA’s premier hospitals. You also get the opportunity to study abroad. This March, over our spring break, I get to round table with leaders in the UN and UNICEF and learn about everything from how they develop their goals and policies to how the implement them.

Perhaps my favorite part of this program is the advisors though; they truly go above and beyond. They helped me prep for interviews, and create a schedule that would be flexible enough to allow for travel. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
Hi! Can you choose to do all of the study abroad courses they offer for some of the courses you get to choose to take? Or is there a limit? Do you pay for the study abroad program as well? Or is it apart of tuition?

can anyone comment on the difference in experiences/benefits between the management and clinical track for someone who is pre-med?

my end goal is to get into medical school but im leaning more towards the management track because i feel that i'd be learning the clinical track in med school anyways and the management courses look really appealing

Does anyone know the matriculation rates after this program? I'm a pre-dental student but seems most are pre-med. I also read some threads and there seems to be mixed reviews about the program. If anyone else has any information, it would be greatly appreciated!

can anyone comment on the difference in experiences/benefits between the management and clinical track for someone who is pre-med?

my end goal is to get into medical school but im leaning more towards the management track because i feel that i'd be learning the clinical track in med school anyways and the management courses look really appealing

I also would like to know! I was recently accepted into the program as clinical track.

Hi All!

Hello, I am thinking of applying for this program for the 2018 start date. I was wondering how many students matriculated into Keck medical school. Did this program help your chances? Is this program considered an SMP?

Hi All!

Hi! I am most likely going to accept and enroll as a GM student on the management track this upcoming fall as well! I was wondering if you have any advice for me on my apps.. The dental app opens today and I would really like to include the Mastera classes on it as "in progress". However, I won't know which classes i'm actually enrolled in until August (i dont want to wait!). Do you think I would have a good chance of enrolling in all the classes shown as a template for fall on the GM website? Please let me know if you have any advice! Thank you!!

Hi! I am most likely going to accept and enroll as a GM student on the management track this upcoming fall as well! I was wondering if you have any advice for me on my apps.. The dental app opens today and I would really like to include the Mastera classes on it as "in progress". However, I won't know which classes i'm actually enrolled in until August (i dont want to wait!). Do you think I would have a good chance of enrolling in all the classes shown as a template for fall on the GM website? Please let me know if you have any advice! Thank you!!

I just finished my last finals for this program! Message me!

I just finished my last finals for this program! Message me!

Hi Sillymelly,

I'm planning to apply for spring 2018. I was wondering if you have any suggestion and advice for my application. The application closes on Oct 31. I have scheduled to take my DAT on Oct 5. Since they have rolling admission; do you think this would lower my chance to get admitted?