USC First Year Cost of Attendance $137k 2017/2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dude, that's a pretty significant blanket statement. It is in complete contrast to the rant you had in the other thread on stereotypes. It's not very fair to those students.
A financially literate USC grad will outearn the financially illiterate TX grad, despite being a few hundred thousand behind. Just like you mentioned in your other thread, let's say you have you a 4.0 30AA TX grad who has serious communication difficulties. Compare them to a USC grad who is clinically competent and can develop good relationships with his patients and make solid financial decisions. Which practice will be more successful? Even though the USC grad may have double the debt, if they know how to manage it, they will do better.

I get that this is hypothetical but I'm not sure it's sound logic to say that one who is prone to "solid financial decisions" would go to USC (or any other mega $$$ private w/o hpsp or nhsc) in the first place, even if that were their only choice.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Dude, that's a pretty significant blanket statement. It is in complete contrast to the rant you had in the other thread on stereotypes. It's not very fair to those students.
A financially literate USC grad will outearn the financially illiterate TX grad, despite being a few hundred thousand behind. Just like you mentioned in your other thread, let's say you have you a 4.0 30AA TX grad who has serious communication difficulties. Compare them to a USC grad who is clinically competent and can develop good relationships with his patients and make solid financial decisions. Which practice will be more successful? Even though the USC grad may have double the debt, if they know how to manage it, they will do better.

Logical fallacy.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I get that this is hypothetical but I'm not sure it's sound logic to say that one who is prone to "solid financial decisions" would go to USC (or any other mega $$$ private w/o hpsp or nhsc) in the first place, even if that were their only choice.
It is a blanket statement which I apologize for, but at the same time, the people that I personally know who go to USC spend all their allocated student loans money, on top of the high tuition. Sure I don't know the whole story, since they might need all that money to support a family with 3 kids, etc, but no matter how you cut it, spending $600,000 to earn an average of $120,000 the first 5 years is not a financially wise choice.
What I'm trying to say is having less competitive dental school admissions statistics have no direct correlation to financial literacy. Everyone's situation is different.
Logical fallacy.
Ok.

Reactions: 1 users