US MD practicing in Philippines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yorick

a fellow of infinite jest
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how feasible this is? I am an incoming US M1. After med school, residency and working here, I eventually want to move and ideally practice medicine in the Philippines. My mother is a dual filipino U.S citizen and based on research it looks like future I could apply for citizenship this way, if it helps. Im decent at Tagalog and def will try to keep learning and improve over time.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how feasible this is? I am an incoming US M1. After med school, residency and working here, I eventually want to move and ideally practice medicine in the Philippines. My mother is a dual filipino U.S citizen and based on research it looks like future I could apply for citizenship this way, if it helps. Im decent at Tagalog and def will try to keep learning and improve over time.

This is feasible provided you have:
(1) attained Philippine citizenship; and
(2) passed the Philippine physician licensure examination.

These are mandatory requirements under Sections 8 and 9 of Republic Act No. 2382.

A non-filipino physician may however practice medicine in the Philippines in a limited capacity. The details are outlined in Section 12 of Republic Act No. 2382.