US CITIZEN WANTING TO STUDY IN OMAN HELP!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

undergrad13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How can I get into a medical college in OMAN?
I am looking for inexpensive medical program because here in the US, studying cost to much$$$$. Can anybody help me with information about medical college in Oman medical college or any where else, Sultan Qaboos Universityetc.
admission process
Fees. etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, Sure I can help you out.
Fellow graduate of Omani medical system.

In Oman, there are 2 main medical colleges. 1 is Sultan Qaboos University (Open to only locals that to for scholarships - your scores should be above 90% if Omani board and If A levels then straight 3 As or 4 As, 1 acceptable B)
The other college is Oman Medical College (OMC is affliated to West Virginia University) which is private and open to everyone but again competency applies.

I am sure you are well competent. Admission process is not difficult. It will not matter you are US citizen or not. What matters is that you have good grades and a competent enough to be a doctor. Tution fees and structure and all the information you can find in the link below.

Oman Medical College - Wikipedia (colleges official website is linked in it)

You need to post specific questions so I can answer you.
Are you a local fellow Omani with US citizen?
Are you a US citizen alone?
Why do you want to study in Oman?
What courses/subjects have you taken in high school? What are your grades?
What are your other alternatives if not oman?
Where do you see yourself in the future in your practise?
If you give me detailed background, I can help you out.
What are the tuition fees? The link you sent did no specify it.
Also what grades should one have to get into Oman medical college? I have a cumulative GPA of 3.6 from a university. I will have a bachelor's degree soon but I haven't taken many science courses.

Are there scholarships?

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay I understand.
Hey is it possible for me to get an omani citizenship so I can be able to take part in scholarships or things like that. I don't mind staying in Oman or going to Africa. I'm from the horn of Africa. Will it be possible to get omani citizenship?

Okay I understand.
Hey is it possible for me to get an omani citizenship so I can be able to take part in scholarships or things like that. I don't mind staying in Oman or going to Africa. I'm from the horn of Africa. Will it be possible to get omani citizenship?

I think you need to do primary and secondary schooling in Oman, know the language, be muslim and come from a good family. You can certainly apply and see.

How about through marriage?is that possible? If I marry an Omani girl

I need to stop wasting my time helping you. You want to 'marry' a local girl just to get scholarship to medical school and get the nationality but not to marry for the sake of the other person!
Go get a psych consult.

I need to stop wasting my time helping you. You want to 'marry' a local girl just to get scholarship to medical school and get the nationality but not to marry for the sake of the other person!
Go get a psych consult.
I'm sorry if you thought that way, but the whole reason why I want to study in Oman is to marry a girl. I could've chosen anywhere else but you must think of it the other way? I plan to marry Omani girl if allowed, because I love the culture and religion. I want to live there. While living there I want to study medicine. And if allowed I want to marry, and if that doesn't get me citizenship then I will have to look for other way to pat for it

I'm sorry if you thought that way, but the whole reason why I want to study in Oman is to marry a girl. I could've chosen anywhere else but you must think of it the other way? I plan to marry Omani girl if allowed, because I love the culture and religion. I want to live there. While living there I want to study medicine. And if allowed I want to marry, and if that doesn't get me citizenship then I will have to look for other way to pat for it
While still being in love with Omani girl