US Atlantic Bridge 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations. What is completion of 1 year Uni?. Are you in the 1st year if university degree now?. Can you able to complete 1st year by Sep 16?

I finished 1st year in early May, but I guess ABP got my application with semester 1 transcript in November, so they just want proof that I completed 1st year university by providing a full transcript and maybe a letter from the uni. stating I completed it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
RCSI-MUB - friends any idea about RCSI-MUB accommodation costs?. I heard its private accommodation near to Uni, but RCSI helps to find suitable one.

RCSI-MUB - friends any idea about RCSI-MUB accommodation costs?. I heard its private accommodation near to Uni, but RCSI helps to find suitable one.
I've read 1000-1500USD per month for an apartment. I can't find the source now but I remember it being furnished and 2Bedrooms.

Reactions: 1 user

I've read 1000-1500USD per month for an apartment. I can't find the source now but I remember it being furnished and 2Bedrooms.

I e-mailed Housing and they have 12 towers for students all within 3-5 minutes walking distance of the school. Prices range from 1400-3000US/month. E-mail housing and they will you back to you quickly with all their options. [email protected]

Has anoyone who is waitlisted at UCC or UCD heard anything? I was told on the phone by ABP about 8 days ago that round 2 of offers will come out by the end of this week.

Has anoyone who is waitlisted at UCC or UCD heard anything? I was told on the phone by ABP about 8 days ago that round 2 of offers will come out by the end of this week.

Did you get some sort of notification that you were wait-listed? Or was it just an inference from not hearing back after first rounds?

I haven't heard anything at all from anyone yet, which is why I'm asking.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been in constant contact with my ABP advisor and have also been calling anonymously to get information.
My ABP emails have all been saying along the lines of - you were not successful in the first round but are waitlisted at all schools until you receive a firm rejection. I'm not sure if other people who have not received a UCC or UCD acceptance, have received an official rejection letter???

I'm basically going with the term "waitlisted" and "your file remains open" which was in the emails.

I've called so many times that they probably recognize my voice by now. It would be interesting to hear if all callers get the same info. I simply asked what the status of UCC and UCD second round offers is and when we should anticipate to hear, or should be assume we are rejected if we haven't heard. The people on the phone keep saying the second round is coming out around now.

Also I got the impression that UCD had interviews this year for just some people as a "test" to see how the process would work for the school - ABP said there was no ranking or merit based reason for interviews, some people were just chosen to interview and they think it was a trial. As we know NUIG and RCSI have been interviewing for some time. I wouldn't be suprised if UCD added an interview to their future application procedures. Perhaps they think it is more "fair" that way or perhaps they have seen some communication problems with students they've accepted in the past and now want to start screening for this.

Yeah I've spoken to ABP on multiple occasions about the 'Silent Rejection' issue. Futureworlddoc has it right. You're application is still open and under review until you get the firm Rejection/'Regret' e-mail. I know it's hard to wait, but they can still respond up until the end of August, or a week before school starts (yeah, crazy).

Only 1-2 weeks ago, ABP said that UCC, UCD, and RSCI have issued two rounds of offers for their GEM program, and don't know if there is another round or not.
UL has only issued one round of acceptances.

I spoke on the phone with ABP and they said UCC and UCD have not sent out second rounds and will do so at the "end of May"

I spoke on the phone with ABP and they said UCC and UCD have not sent out second rounds and will do so at the "end of May"

This is what I was told by email. None of the GEM programs have released second round offers yet and that they would be released late May to early June. This email was dated May 13th.

Has anyone heard from TCD or NUIG 5 year program?

Has anyone heard from TCD or NUIG 5 year program?
Both have sent out first round offers. Some people on here have received rejections from NUIG. ABP told me that both will be sending out second rounds in late May.

Did anyone else with an offer have this condition: Approval of your academic qualifications by the Ministry of Higher education in Bahrain?

Did anyone else with an offer have this condition: Approval of your academic qualifications by the Ministry of Higher education in Bahrain?
that sounds rather strange. My condition from RCSI was a completion of my high school diploma with a 3.5 weighted GPA

that sounds rather strange. My condition from RCSI was a completion of my high school diploma with a 3.5 weighted GPA

Yeah mine says: a) Successful completion of first year BA degree at university, and, b) Approval of your academic qualifications by the Ministry of Higher education in Bahrain

I'm assuming that means to simply complete first year as proof that all my credits were done (5.0) with no failures and report to them with a final transcript of proof. The b) though is confusing. If you go on their site, apparently EVERYONE who got in needs to have the Bahraini ministry proof their qualifications.
http://www.rcsi-mub.com/index.jsp?p=103&n=834

Yeah mine says: a) Successful completion of first year BA degree at university, and, b) Approval of your academic qualifications by the Ministry of Higher education in Bahrain

I'm assuming that means to simply complete first year as proof that all my credits were done (5.0) with no failures and report to them with a final transcript of proof. The b) though is confusing. If you go on their site, apparently EVERYONE who got in needs to have the Bahraini ministry proof their qualifications.
http://www.rcsi-mub.com/index.jsp?p=103&n=834

Thats right, we need to first certificates attested(apostle) by our Govt foreign affairs , then same thing need counter attested by either Bahrain Embassy or GCC embassies (Oman , SA, Qatar or UAE) if you don't have local Bahrain Embassy.

Glad I'm not the only one who has been told that only first rounds have gone out. It makes sense to me because especially for Canada, most successful Canadian students will know by end of May if they got into Canada and would have finalized their decisions. I also know for a fact that many apply to Ireland as a back up these days, so I'm hoping there is some movement in the second round.
As a plus, I know a student who got their acceptance in the summer before the fall semester...so there's always a chance until you receive that final rejection.

Both have sent out first round offers. Some people on here have received rejections from NUIG. ABP told me that both will be sending out second rounds in late May.

Those who have been accepted: Would you mind posting your stats in the sticky thread?

Anyone heard about second rounds yet? I was told by ABP that they would come out "end of May"

Anyone heard about second rounds yet? I was told by ABP that they would come out "end of May"

I emailed Friday (May 27th) about my status at the GEM programs (as I have been officially rejected by all 5 year programs, except TCD -- see below) and was told that 2nd round offers had gone out and that my application was on reserve at the all of the GEM schools. Being on reserve meant I was eligible for the next round of offers that should go out in early June. This is the part that is confusing to me, how can two rounds of offers (2nd and 3rd) go out within days of each other? If second round offers went out in late May, how is it possible for third round offers to go out in early June. Part of me thinks this is a mistake and that 2nd round offers have not gone out yet. At any rate, this is the info I got.

By the way, I was also informed that TCD will likely not have any further rounds of acceptances.

I was told that Round 2 will go out at the end of May or early June. I plan to call next week if I hear nothing by Friday. I have only received one rejection via email from RCSI which I expected since I did not receive an interview. However, I have not heard anything from UCD or UCC.
Have you received rejection letters from UCD and UCC.

Was just told that UCC, UCD and RCSI Ireland will release their next round in Early-June. Trinity and NUIG apparently will also not likely be giving out any more offers. *Feeling nervous*

I`m curious. What are the stats of people who are being rejected by Ireland? I have a 3.69 undergrad GPA, 3.80 grad GPA, out of school 3 years and working. I wrote the MCAT several years ago in undergrad for a 29 and now got a 505 (basically with no psych background at all, I should have done more psych prep but left this for last due to my hectic work hours; I aced everything but the one psych section). I know MCAT could be better, but based on friends in Ireland who I have talked to, my "holistic package" of healthcare experience and publications should have given me a "very good chance". I know some with lower stats who are studying there now. Did something happen this year that the admission is so much tougher??
Currently my only other option is US DO or Carib. I honestly thought I had a really great chance at Ireland based on what I've heard from 4 people who are currently there at UCC and UCD.

Reactions: 1 users
I was told that Round 2 will go out at the end of May or early June. I plan to call next week if I hear nothing by Friday. I have only received one rejection via email from RCSI which I expected since I did not receive an interview. However, I have not heard anything from UCD or UCC.
Have you received rejection letters from UCD and UCC.

I was told the same thing about second round offers on May 13th. So again I think my admissions guy meant first round offers had gone out and second round offers would go out in early June. Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Have not received a rejection from any of the GEM programs and supposedly on "reserve" at all of the GEM schools. Was rejected from all 5 year programs.

If anyone is planning on going to RCSI Bahrain for the 6 year program this year, PM me. Currently looking at housing options and a roommate. RCSI Hall and Al Asfoor tower (duplex) look the best so far btw.

I'm surprised I haven't received rejections from NUIG and TCD if they aren't sending out another round of offers

I'm surprised I haven't received rejections from NUIG and TCD if they aren't sending out another round of offers
My understanding of it is that they do all of that work in chunks. They first figure out who they are accepting and send out all of their materials. Then, on another day of work they draft up a form letter for rejecting students and compile that list of emails. There is plenty of work to be done between those two groups of people too. I received my rejection letter from RCSI GEM at least 2 weeks after they had completely finished their first round offers.

I'm still baffled that I have heard absolutely nothing. I mean relative to most on here, my stats aren't much, especially since I'm not even a grad. And RCSI is done completely, so if they'd have to give time for interviews, I've clearly been out of the running for ages, why the silence?

I have a feeling ABP is just not letting me know of rejection notifications...

EDIT: I finally got a rejection email from RCSI! So relieved that its over.

Last edited:
Not sure about when rejections for UCD are coming, but they are coming. I called last night to ABP and they said that UCD is basically done with offers for 2016 and "extremely unlikely" any more spots will be offered for UCD this admission cycle. I was also told that TCD is extremely competitive in terms of numbers of applicants since no MCAT is required many more people apply from all stages of undergrad to postgraduate education, and basically if you don't make first round your chances are "slim to none".

I just wanted to ask again for those rejected, what were your stats and where do you think your weakness lies / when did you apply. I've been reading the UK&Ireland forums extensively and people have brought up whether or not ABP is legitimate and if your materials are "screened out" before they even reach Ireland. I recall one of my letter writers telling me it was weird that students didn't apply directly to the school in question and wondering if I should just go ahead and try to submit all my materials to the university admission offices.

I've been reading the UK&Ireland forums extensively and people have brought up whether or not ABP is legitimate and if your materials are "screened out" before they even reach Ireland. I recall one of my letter writers telling me it was weird that students didn't apply directly to the school in question and wondering if I should just go ahead and try to submit all my materials to the university admission offices.
I called and asked about this. They said that all applications are forwarded to Ireland... You should call and ask to confirm this information. You can also contact the schools directly; they're very responsive.

Yup I did and that's what they told me. I just am getting frustrated with the process.

I can see why. It would help if they sent rejections rather than keep people on limbo.

Last edited by a moderator: