This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just took MCAT today and, seeing how it's my last chance to improve my app, I hope I did relatively well.

Anyone else sit today?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Applying this cycle as well!! 3.3 cpga 3.2 sgpa MCAT: 510 URM:African American. Texas resident. Currently enrolled in a SMP (hope my fall grades can eliminate some hesitation they may have)

Reactions: 2 users
3.25C; 3.0S; MCAT:500- Choo, choo! All aboard!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@eartwj hey I read your story on here and I was trying to PM you to get some advice but I can't. Please can you send me a message. Thank you so much!

I'll post my own story tomorrow as it's extremely into the wee hours. A friend of mine I know got into medical school (DO) with a 497. Her GPA was around a 3.2/3 with an upward trend moderate/strong. Also she was a D1 athlete

Would you mind saying what school she was accepted in ?

Applying this cycle as well!! 3.3 cpga 3.2 sgpa MCAT: 510 URM:African American. Texas resident. Currently enrolled in a SMP (hope my fall grades can eliminate some hesitation they may have)
Update. I was accepted to 4 MD schools!

Reactions: 7 users
Hey, I forgot about this thread. I just wanted to say that I am proud of everyone here. Also, just to inspire anyone else that might need it: I had a LIzzyM of 63, 99% of my 29+ apps were OOS, and I was a reapplicant to a few of them. I got a lot of love from MD schools (at least way more than I anticipated) and I did not even attend all my interviews. I was interviewed at a lot of the ones in my region, and a few in states that I am really familiar with but were far away. I personally liked all but 2, but would have gladly gone to either if they were the only ones to accept me :p

Practically all of the schools that I applied to were super helpful, even when they did not interview me (e.g. telling me why, telling me what they liked about my app, and what they thought needed work, etc.), or when they interviewed but did not accept me (e.g. telling me how they view me as a reapplicant, if I should reapply again, etc.). At a lot of places, my grades just were not high enough and they told me so but they really valued my MCAT. That sounds cruel but I wanted to know and I had already made peace with my app and all of its pros/cons (which I suggest everyone do; you cannot change it at the interview & it is what it is). Overall, it was a really positive experience and schools really do have different vibes/personalities. I also got interviewed by some amazing people and got to visit some cool places and schools.

I also found my dream school along the way, by accident. I applied late to them and they accepted me super fast like it was meant to be. Things rarely work out that way in my life lol so it was great. I say all that to say that I really think people should apply as broadly as possible, not to break your bank account or anything, but you might get surprised. My state school had been my dream for so long, and they are amazing, but I ultimately ended up where I needed to be, and my state school was still super helpful and happy for me.

TLDR: Anyway, it's not all cutthroat but put your best foot forward and try to enjoy it. I'm deferred at the moment to take care of my family, so if anyone wants to bother me with questions, comments, or whatever feel free. Best of luck to everyone this cycle!

Hey! Pleased to report that I was accepted in January with a LM 65, low GPA/high MCAT! I applied to almost 30 schools and had two interviews. I'm on the waitlist at another school and really hoping to get in there because I loved it, but I'm also happy with my state school. Being in state really helped me, as did my MCAT, but it really is possible for us!

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I thought they were pretty basic. High school research, tutoring, shadowing, non clinical volunteering, clinical work experience. Gap year wasn't any more impressive as I volunteered and worked retail for the holidays lol
Did you only get accepted at state schools? If not, can I pm you to find out which schools? If you don’t mind.

Did you only get accepted at state schools? If not, can I pm you to find out which schools? If you don’t mind.
Got into Howard, Meharry and Louisville