urgent..What classes should I take for summer in order to apply schools for 2018 cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted810749

Hello, here is my stat:

330/330 OAT
3.0 GPA (C- on Orgo 1) - graduated in 2012.

Currently registered classes (for pre-req)
summer 1 - advanced human anat/phys (400lvl) OR Orgo 1 & Bio 1
summer 2 - Biochemistry

Plan for Fall - Retake all the 'C' classes

I am planning to apply as soon as I can when my summer 2 is over (7/28).

But my question is, should I retake 'C' classes first during summer sessions and take pre-reqs on fall? I feel like I should focus on raising my GPA first before I apply and tell them that I am planning to take the pre-reqs during the fall semester. What do you guys think?

**summer 1 - advanced human anat/phys (400lvl) ->> I'm not sure if this class is necessary because I already took basic anat/phys(100~200 lvl) and got a B. Do you think its necessary? Maybe I could retake few C classes during summer 1 and I could take biochem on summer 2.

Members don't see this ad.

My C classes are (that I possible retake):
Bio 2 (Cell/Molecule) C
Orgo 1 C-
Orgo 2
Bio 3 (Ecology)
Genetics

Still got more C's on bio classes but they are electives.. I know.. I was so stupid when I was young :(

I wouldn't waste your time or money in retaking classes. I applied with a 3.0 GPA (but a higher OAT than yours) and explained why I had such a deficit in my grades. I got in almost everywhere I interviewed.

I think it'll really depend on where you want to go to school.

Members don't see this ad :)
The C- in O Chem might not count towards your prerequisites. I would ask the schools you intend to apply to if they would take it or not.

Certain programs may require you to have some pre-reqs done within last 5 years of application.

Email them and see if you are rubbing too close to deadline or not.

You will need anatomy/physiology again since you took them together as one class in a semester. If you were to take an independent physiology course, and a separate anatomy course as well, then you would not have to take another semester of either. Not all schools require these classes, but a lot do and mostly all of them recommend doing so.

The C- in O Chem might not count towards your prerequisites. I would ask the schools you intend to apply to if they would take it or not.

All the schools I interviewed had no issue with my C- in Ochem 1. I think though looked past it since I made an A in Ochem 2...

I wouldn't waste your time or money in retaking classes. I applied with a 3.0 GPA (but a higher OAT than yours) and explained why I had such a deficit in my grades. I got in almost everywhere I interviewed.

I think it'll really depend on where you want to go to school.

Hi, do you mind me asking what your OAT scores were and how you were able to explain low grades to schools? I'm in a similar boat where my grades are pretty rough (lots of Cs) but I'm banking on my OAT score to boost my app. Thanks!

Hi, do you mind me asking what your OAT scores were and how you were able to explain low grades to schools? I'm in a similar boat where my grades are pretty rough (lots of Cs) but I'm banking on my OAT score to boost my app. Thanks!

I made a 360 on my OAT. As for an explanation- I was pretty honest in my personal statement. I told them I had undergone on two separate occasions treatment for a medical condition I had that affected my grades.