Urgent Neurology vs Pathology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sagat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I truly enjoy both and have to make a decision within 48 hours to which I would prefer to go into. I just want an insightful opinion on what is the single most important trait I need to be a neurologist. I honestly enjoy diagnostic more than anything and would love a career that focuses on that.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, fellow MD/PhD student, we are infamous for indecision for sure. Do you enjoy patients? You have to see patients as a neurologist, almost never (alive) as a pathologist, that's probably the most obvious difference.

Also neuropath is accessible through pathology but probably not neurology, if you are interested in that.

There are a few neuro vs. path threads like https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/neurology-vs-pathology.786878/, hope they are helpful.

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
I truly enjoy both and have to make a decision within 48 hours to which I would prefer to go into. I just want an insightful opinion on what is the single most important trait I need to be a neurologist. I honestly enjoy diagnostic more than anything and would love a career that focuses on that.

Serious reply here: heads neurology, tails pathology. Flip the coin. While it is flipping, call what you WANT it to be in that moment. Then do it. And NEVER look at the coin!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
wrong you can do neuropathology fellowship after neurology residency

wrong you can do neuropathology fellowship after neurology residency

Per ABP guidelines , this is true, but in reality, this is extremely difficult. Please PM me if you wish to discuss.

Well? You gonna leave us hanging like that?

Reactions: 1 user