UQ or UQ Ochsner: Which is better?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bc2m

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to apply this round to UQ and UQ Ochsner. Which of these is better from a purely academic/professional standpoint (i.e., which educates better doctors and researchers)? Or are they pretty much exactly the same?

I'm not really interested in a discussion about post-graduation residency/practice possibilities for the two, as that has been discussed to quite a large degree on this site.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd like to apply this round to UQ and UQ Ochsner. Which of these is better from a purely academic/professional standpoint (i.e., which educates better doctors and researchers)? Or are they pretty much exactly the same?

I'm not really interested in a discussion about post-graduation residency/practice possibilities for the two, as that has been discussed to quite a large degree on this site.

I believe that the curriculum for each is exactly the same, just with clinical years taught in a different location.

My guess is you would have more opportunities for something like research if you do all 4-years in Australia.

The main difference is that UQ is approved by all 50 stats in America whereas UQ Ochsner may not be.

I believe that the curriculum for each is exactly the same, just with clinical years taught in a different location.

My guess is you would have more opportunities for something like research if you do all 4-years in Australia.

The main difference is that UQ is approved by all 50 stats in America whereas UQ Ochsner may not be.

Ah, I see. That's kind of the feeling I get from their website. Thanks for the response, Mathis.