UOP Fall 2017 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dthepharm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I thought I would start a thread for all the UOP 2017 applicants. Have you guys started working on applications? Also if you guys want to share stats for others that would be great too.

Members don't see this ad.

I tried accessing the University of Pacific supplemental application and could not find an active link on their site... even though they claimed the link would be available no later than July 15th. Am I missing anything?

I tried accessing the University of Pacific supplemental application and could not find an active link on their site... even though they claimed the link would be available no later than July 15th. Am I missing anything?

Yea their site says that the application hasn't opened yet and will open in july....but its almost august

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah the supplemental seems to not be working for me either. Did you guys submit your pharmcas app yet?

Nah not yet. I was thinking of submitting it by the end of august at least

Working on the supp...anyone got interview yet??

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Submitted everything before the Tier 1 deadline
PharmCAS GPA: 3.47
Several ECs and three leadership positions
Volunteered at a hospital pharmacy for ~2 years
4 letters of rec (I know 2 were strong, the other 2 were probably decent)

Submitted everything before the Tier 1 deadline
PharmCAS GPA: 3.47
Several ECs and three leadership positions
Volunteered at a hospital pharmacy for ~2 years
4 letters of rec (I know 2 were strong, the other 2 were probably decent)

your stats is similar to mine...hopefully will get interview invite....the struggle is real lol
I will be submitting my Supp this week!
Wish you best of luck and please keep me posted about the interview!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just updating.. the interview wasn't bad at all! Everyone including the interviewers tried to make the day as relaxing and low-stress as possible. My interview was closed-filed just so you know.

Just updating.. the interview wasn't bad at all! Everyone including the interviewers tried to make the day as relaxing and low-stress as possible. My interview was closed-filed just so you know.
Oh great, at least you are done on your part!

Hey everyone, longtime lurker.

Just got the acceptance email this morning and wanted to give everyone/SDN some hope for all the help these past few years. Message me if you all need anything. I'M GOING TO UOP!!! :soexcited:

UC Davis undergrad.
cGPA: 3.0
sGPA: ~3.0
Extracurriculars: Leadership positions for pre-health organization and student-run clinic. 4 years.
Internships: Retail and clinical pharmacy sites. ~2 years

Reactions: 1 user

Just got the acceptance email this morning and wanted to give everyone/SDN some hope for all the help these past few years. Message me if you all need anything. I'M GOING TO UOP!!! :soexcited:

UC Davis undergrad.
Extracurriculars: Leadership positions for pre-health organization and student-run clinic. 4 years.

Congraaaats! I got my acceptance today too! :) Feel free to message me if you guys have any questions/need anything

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Congraaaats! I got my acceptance today too! :) Feel free to message me if you guys have any questions/need anything

UC Davis undergrad.

Congrats to both of you!

Last edited:
Those accepted, are you guys planning to receive or already have a bachelors?

Those accepted, are you guys planning to receive or already have a bachelors?
I will be receiving a BS degree in biology around spring 2017 and then start pharmacy school in the fall 2017.

Reactions: 1 user
What type of interview questions did they ask? I have an interview in the next couple weeks. Thanks in advance!

What type of interview questions did they ask? I have an interview in the next couple weeks. Thanks in advance!

For me a lot of the time we just had a conversation on random things but they asked tell me about yourself, your strengths, weakness, leadership roles, etc. basic things nothing too crazy.

Im just hesitant to submit my supplementals for this school, because of the tuition.I already got in to a school with 45k/yr for four years, but I don't know if I should go for less price and for more years OR expensive and less yrs. Although UOP is 3yr school, their tuition is more than 60k/yr... kinda freaks me out.You guys should I worry about this?

Im just hesitant to submit my supplementals for this school, because of the tuition.I already got in to a school with 45k/yr for four years, but I don't know if I should go for less price and for more years OR expensive and less yrs. Although UOP is 3yr school, their tuition is more than 60k/yr... kinda freaks me out.You guys should I worry about this?

ehhh thats up to you. Either way youll be close to 200k in debt although UOP is 1 year faster.

How was it? What kind of questions? I will be there next week.

I had my interview a few weeks ago and was accepted. Honestly it was a super chill interview. My interview with the student was very informal, it was like as if I was talking to a friend. Similarly, my interview with the faculty was very casual too... it was more like a conversation than being grilled with back to back questions.

did everyone here back in about a week after their interview?

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

My science and cumulative gpa is around 3.4
4 letters of rec (3 from professors and 1 from pharmacist)
Experience volunteering in outpatient pharmacy and working as a pharmacy technician
Few other extracurricular activities during college

Has anyone confirmed their spots for fall 2017?!

I got accepted! However, I was also accepted into Touro in Vallejo, and I'm still trying to decide which one would be the best fit for me.

you had your interview november 4th right??? have you heard back yet? The anticipation is killing me too lol
Yes I had it 11/4, you? I haven't heard back yet but everyone says they heard back that following Tuesday

Yea hopefully . They did say to give them 2 weeks to hear back from them but everyone else is hearing back so soon. I wonder if anyone that heard back was from 11/4

It took them a week and a half for me to give me my acceptance don't be too worried.

When was your interview? Congrats though!! The anticipation is killing me lol
I was interviewed on 11/4, but they did say they would take up to 2 weeks to get back to everyone. I just found out today.

I got accepted! However, I was also accepted into Touro in Vallejo, and I'm still trying to decide which one would be the best fit for me.

How do you feel about Touro? Anything really positive about it?

How do you feel about Touro? Anything really positive about it?
The two years of rotations is appealing and they offer a lot of leadership positions in their second year, which is good for students looking into residency. Smaller classes and their curriculum seems less rigorous, as they get more breaks from school. All the student I have met from Touro have been very competent and seem prepared for working in a Pharmacy setting.

I just got my interview email. Any advice? I am interviewing next week.

I just got my interview email. Any advice? I am interviewing next week.
It was a really laid back interview and all of the faculty were very welcoming. Just practice the basic interview questions and be yourself.