UofWaterloo Optometry Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone else please confirm they have not heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Confirming that I have not heard back yet, they're just trolls.

additionally, they all just joined the forum yesterday and today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm only shaking after reading the troll messages... :(

Reactions: 1 users
Wow I've never panicked so much hahaha

Spoke to some profs today. Admissions Committee had a meeting today. News should be out in the next few days

i guess its going to be next week. :(

d4c7ed99c07a00c53309d835d78316a8cc36af60107131bed123b3f056b5e5bf.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
So close guys!! Hopefully early this week we'll know :)

Anyone else not sleeping at night because they think tomorrow is the day!

Reactions: 4 users
My suspicion all along was tomorrow! Fingers crossed we're right!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Probably going to break my refresh button today... Praying it updates!

I GOT IN !!!! I hope to see all of you in Waterloo except the trolls of course . If you didn't get in, I hope to see you in the next class ! Best of luck

Has anyone been declined yet? I haven't received an email thus far.

Has anyone been declined yet? I haven't received an email thus far.
My quest has not updated and I also have not received an email

update: my acceptance email came around 10am! (I have email forwarding set up so I think it was delayed)

Last edited:
I have not received an email yet either, its like the interviews all over again lol....

I have not received an email yet either, its like the interviews all over again lol....
my interview email was delayed by about 2 hours too, hoping thats the case today!

Admitted!! I'm so happy! Good luck to everyone else :)

Hey guys I just received my acceptance email an hour after hearing others already got theirs! It looks like they're not all being sent at once so just be patient if you're waiting to hear back! Best of luck and be proud of yourselves for where you're at!!

looks like my email was a little delayed, but I GOT IN!!! So excited

Stats for future applicants:
3rd Year Science Student
OAT: TS: 380/AA: 370 GPA: 89%
Optometry Experience: 1 year as an Optometric Assistant, 25+ hours job shadowing

Last edited:
Waitlisted. Congrats everyone! Be proud of yourselves :)

Hello Class of 2021!! ... Yeah guess what you made it! Take a deep breath and give your self a pat on the back. That OAT score finally paid off. Hope you weren't too upset by the troll posts (we had them as well in the previous year).

Congratulations and welcome to the optom family!!!
We have created a Facebook page to give you guys a chance to meet your fellow classmates, as well as find roommates for the upcoming school year! You should see the link in the email (please do join it! we use it every day of our lives!!!)
Feel free to ask questions, as the entire Orientation committee (current first years) is in this group. Once you arrive to school in September, you will all be assigned a Big Brother/Big Sister who will be more than happy to help guide you through the program.
We are looking forward to meeting all of you in September during the AMAZING orientation week events!

Your Orientation Co-Chairs:
Aman, Renee & Elyse

Reactions: 4 users
Hello Class of 2021!! ... Yeah guess what you made it! Take a deep breath and give your self a pat on the back. That OAT score finally paid off. Hope you weren't too upset by the troll posts (we had them as well in the previous year).

We have created a Facebook page to give you guys a chance to meet your fellow classmates, as well as find roommates for the upcoming school year! You should see the link in the email (please do join it! we use it every day of our lives!!!)
Feel free to ask questions, as the entire Orientation committee (current first years) is in this group. Once you arrive to school in September, you will all be assigned a Big Brother/Big Sister who will be more than happy to help guide you through the program.
We are looking forward to meeting all of you in September during the AMAZING orientation week events!

Aman, Renee & Elyse
can you post a link to the Facebook group? Thank you :)

can you post a link to the Facebook group? Thank you :)
Did you not get a link in your email? Just curious. If you didn't, I'll post it here but I wanted to limit the number of people who aren't admitted joining the group (we had a bunch last year)

Aman, Renee & Elyse

Hi there! The link to the facebook group is not in the acceptance email!

Wait-listed :(
Congrats to everyone who got in!
Does anyone know how many people from the contingency list typically get a spot?

Wait-listed :(
Congrats to everyone who got in!
Does anyone know how many people from the contingency list typically get a spot?

Last year we had about 10. We had people get in right up until the last week of August! You will get a call from Marie when you get admitted. Also the waitlist doesn't move until about a month or so (this gives time for the people who are admitted to accept or reject their offers).

Last edited:
Admitted!! I didn't have a link to the fb group in my email either! And quest still not updated haha

Hi there! The link to the facebook group is not in the acceptance email!

I've been told that another set of emails will be getting sent out in a another week or so with more information about next steps. That email will contain the Facebook link!

Admitted :) congratulation everyone! For those who didn't get in, I know it must suck but don't give up! Life has something waiting for you ;)

did anyone who got an admission letter have their quest updated?

Admitted as well!! Congratulations to those who were accepted!! :) Can't wait to see you in the fall!

I'm just wondering, if Quest hasn't been updated, that means we can't "accept" the offer yet, right? How do we access the pdf mentioned in the email? Thanks in advance :)

Welcome Class of 2021! We 4th years won't get to meet you guys but congrats to all! And please choose a better name than the Holy Glaucomole. We suggest Unicornea :D

Admitted as well!! Congratulations to those who were accepted!! :) Can't wait to see you in the fall!

I'm just wondering, if Quest hasn't been updated, that means we can't "accept" the offer yet, right? How do we access the pdf mentioned in the email? Thanks in advance :)
I don't think we can access it until they update our quest status! Hopefully they will sometime this week.

When they say conditional offer of acceptance, do they mean that we have to do well in all our current courses this semester as well? Or that we have to just complete them?

When they say conditional offer of acceptance, do they mean that we have to do well in all our current courses this semester as well? Or that we have to just complete them?
Congratulations Class of 2021! Your conditional offer of acceptance means that you must complete any required courses, maintain a relatively high gpa, submit your final transcript, and have the police check done. Best of luck to those of you on the wait list and we will see all of the successful applicants in September. Welcome to the U of W Optom family!

Hey for those of you admitted, search University of Waterloo Optometry Class of 2021 on Facebook.

Welcome Class of 2021! We 4th years won't get to meet you guys but congrats to all! And please choose a better name than the Holy Glaucomole. We suggest Unicornea :D
Really appreciate the name suggestion, better start designing a logo if year one is going to take the hockey tourney this year!