UNTHSC M.S. in Medical Sciences (Texas)-SMP 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does the M.S. program accept grade replacement? I would like to go to UNTHSC/TCOM but currently do not have the grades. I know they do not accept grade replacement but did not know if the M.S. program did. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
What do you mean by grade replacement?

Members don't see this ad.

What do you mean by grade replacement?

I know TCOM goes by the TMDSAS rules pertaining to GPA. Did not if they take all attempts into account or the last attempt. i.e. I take class A and get an F and retake it and make an A; do they take both or the last attempt?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Ah I see. I believe they take into account all the attempts for a particular class, but you would want to ask admissions to be sure. If you are deciding whether to apply to the master's program here, I would treat it like a medical school application and be sure to explain any grade or grade trend deficits.

I am also in the Master's program this year, so if you have any questions about the program itself, I'd be happy to help! Like I said earlier though, it's best to email the admissions team and find out for sure about the grade replacement.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone tell me what the minimum MCAT requirements are for this program? Based on the NEW MCAT please. thank you!

Has anybody started a new thread for 2017-2018?

Can anyone tell me what the minimum MCAT requirements are for this program? Based on the NEW MCAT please. thank you!

I dont know if there's a minimum but the admission website says scores below 20 are not competitive, so probably low 490's.

Has anybody started a new thread for 2017-2018?

I dont know if there's a minimum but the admission website says scores below 20 are not competitive, so probably low 490's.

There is a new thread started for 2017-2018.

There is a new thread started for 2017-2018.

Can you please post a link to the new thread? I can't seem to find it anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Was accepted this afternoon! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the stats or chances of an out of state resident getting accepted into this program?

Also, can you still decline after the 2 week deadline if you got into another program?

Is it true that the top 10% in the program are almost guaranteed admission into UNT-HSC DO school? Thank you so much
Bit late here. I asked the office peeps - about 25% of the last class got 4.0 and they only keep letter grades which means that there is no admission guarantee for the top 10%. But lots of them got interview in the spring.
Most of the 4.0 people were waiting till the end of the program aiming higher than DO and TCOM.

Hey guys, I'm interested in this program and wanted to know what you guys think my chance of getting into this program is. cGPA: 3.40, sGPA: 3.10, MCAT: 496 (I know on practice tests I had such a higher score, but my nerves were going crazy the day of the text).

Do you all have any thoughts on what the reputation of this program among Texas Medical Schools compared to the other post-bac/SMP programs in Texas? I'm hoping to get into a medical school in Texas and I'm a Texas resident at the moment.