Unmentioned Activity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Epidemiology93

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
On my previous application, I did not mention an undergraduate clinical activity in one of the activity boxes – instead I included it as part of my personal statement essay – which I have realized was a mistake. This cycle, I have included my unmentioned clinical experience in the activities section, which I fear might raise a "red flag" of sorts, as it did not appear in the activities section of my last application. Is this something I should address when asked "What went wrong?/What has changed since your previous application?" I raised my MCAT ~11 percentile to 96-100 percentile range since my previous application, so I have been mostly discussing that in secondaries. Thank you for your advice. @gyngyn @Goro

Members don't see this ad.

You're way overthinking this and being a neurotic premed; no one is going to ask you why you discussed a clinical activity in your PS last time and listed it in the activity section this time. If you discussed the activity in your PS, then you did include it on your last app. No red flag there. OTOH, the 11th percentile MCAT that is now a 96-100th percentile MCAT (congrats on that, btw) is a huge deal, and well worth highlighting as something you've significantly improved upon since your last app cycle. That is by far what you're likely to get asked about (as in, how did you do so much better on the test the second time around).

Sorry, I meant that my previous MCAT was in the 85-89 percentile range and I raised it to the 96-100th percentile range. Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad :)