Unmatched Phase II 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sure that people already know this and I'm the only one that's behind, but if you are serious about a New York program then you need to apply for a New York pharmacist license now. Apparently, documents must be postmarked by 4/1/17 or you will need to wait until January to sit licensure exams. I would recommend applying to the New York Board of Pharmacy now if you plan to keep those programs on your match list.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview at one of my top programs today. Please keep me in your prayers guys :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I'm sure that people already know this and I'm the only one that's behind, but if you are serious about a New York program then you need to apply for a New York pharmacist license now. Apparently, documents must be postmarked by 4/1/17 or you will need to wait until January to sit licensure exams. I would recommend applying to the New York Board of Pharmacy now if you plan to keep those programs on your match list.
The residency program may allow you to take an alternate exam with them! I actually called NY BOP to ask them about this!

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard from yale new haven hospital or long island jewish medical center???

Don't panic! Most programs allow you to pursue a waiver option. After 60 days, your residency program can submit information to the board that you're competent in those areas and grant you licensure. IF you fail Part III (compounding) in June, you cannot pursue the waiver option and will be kicked out of your residency program since you cannot retake until January. Most programs do not recommend registering for Part III unless you went to pharmacy school in NYS since the out-of-state pass rate is very poor.

Don't panic! Most programs allow you to pursue a waiver option. After 60 days, your residency program can submit information to the board that you're competent in those areas and grant you licensure. IF you fail Part III (compounding) in June, you cannot pursue the waiver option and will be kicked out of your residency program since you cannot retake until January. Most programs do not recommend registering for Part III unless you went to pharmacy school in NYS since the out-of-state pass rate is very poor.
Are you sure? Their website says that you need to register by that date to sit the NAPLEX/MPJE

Has anyone heard from the Dayton VA or Portland VA at this point? I'm assuming they are no's for me at this point, just curious!
Similarly, has anyone heard anything from the Lexington VA or do they have any insider knowledge as to why they were added so late?

Similarly, has anyone heard anything from the Lexington VA or do they have any insider knowledge as to why they were added so late?

Don't know about portland or dayton, sorry. But what do you mean lexington got added late? Was it not on phorcas previously?

Don't know about portland or dayton, sorry. But what do you mean lexington got added late? Was it not on phorcas previously?
I hadn't seen it on there until March 25, when it was added to the Phase II list. I reached out to the RPD but haven't heard anything- didn't want to apply before I knew it wasn't too good to be true.

Members don't see this ad :)
yesterday and today. :) Still some hope for all of us.

Which site in NJ?
To be honest, if you're not willing to reveal which ones you interviewed at, I wouldn't ask the same question to other people on the forum lol. I 100% understand why you were hesitant so don't take this as a personal attack, but just saying.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard from the Dayton VA or Portland VA at this point? I'm assuming they are no's for me at this point, just curious!

I haven't heard either for Portland. And I've noticed that the Phoenix VA also got added late. I would love to know why too!

Anyone heard from any California programs? I'm getting desperate

I just got a rejection from a Dallas, TX program, and was told that there were over 200 applicants for one position..............damn.

Are you sure? Their website says that you need to register by that date to sit the NAPLEX/MPJE

Positive! I'm doing a residency in NYS and was advised by my program on the issue. April 1st deadline only applies if you're registering for the compounding exam (Part III) in June. You would need to submit Forms 1, 2, and the Castle Application by April 1st to qualify. Your school would then need to submit an additional Form 2 to the NYS Boards post-graduation for you to sit for NAPLEX (Part I) and MPJE (Part II). If you are doing the waiver option, you can sit for NAPLEX and MPJE as soon as your Forms 1 and 2(post-graduation) are received and approved. Your residency would then submit an additional waiver (Form 4b) later to replace Part III. I was advised to apply for NYS intern licensure (Form 5) and do the waiver option. You won't get licensure until end of September, but I don't think taking Part III is worth the risk of failing and being kicked out of your program. If you have anymore questions, feel free to PM me :)

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard or know someone who's heard from the UNC or Duquesne community programs?

Positive! I'm doing a residency in NYS and was advised by my program on the issue. April 1st deadline only applies if you're registering for the compounding exam (Part III) in June. You would need to submit Forms 1, 2, and the Castle Application by April 1st to qualify. Your school would then need to submit an additional Form 2 to the NYS Boards post-graduation for you to sit for NAPLEX (Part I) and MPJE (Part II). If you are doing the waiver option, you can sit for NAPLEX and MPJE as soon as your Forms 1 and 2(post-graduation) are received and approved. Your residency would then submit an additional waiver (Form 4b) later to replace Part III. I was advised to apply for NYS intern licensure (Form 5) and do the waiver option. You won't get licensure until end of September, but I don't think taking Part III is worth the risk of failing and being kicked out of your program. If you have anymore questions, feel free to PM me :)
Thank goodness! You're awesome! Thanks for the information

Anyone heard from Reston Hospital Center or Virginia Hospital Center?

I had an on-site interview with them earlier this week. They said I did great, but we'll see.. :xf:
do you mind sharing which one it was? was it yale? I'm still waiting to hear from them, i still have hope haha

I just got 1 rejection and 1 interview today. So don't give up hope!

Reactions: 2 users
anyone get an interview invite to dallas Methodist?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from Children's Hospital in Omaha NE or Cook Children's in Fort Worth TX??

Has anyone heard from UC Davis?

is it just me .. or did UVA just get added?
I saw a few others added as well; at this point I don't want to waste anymore money with the luck I've been having.

I saw a few others added as well; at this point I don't want to waste anymore money with the luck I've been having.
I feel the same way. I'm just doubtful that any more applications at this point would result in an interview ... I have an interview now that's scheduled for the same day that rank lists are due I can't imagine they would have enough time to properly review applications

Sent from my VS995 using SDN mobile