Unmatched Phase II 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm still waiting to hear from them too
Hopefully we will know something soon! I'm glad I'm not the only one still waiting on them .. I hope they haven't sent out invites yet.

Sent from my VS995 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard from them and would like to know if anyone has heard from them (USC) Or the Walgreens in Phoenix?
Got an interview offer this morning for the Walgreens program in Phoenix

I'm not going to lie, this second match process has been a complete joke. Essentially its fair to assume that if you have not heard back from the program at this point the answer is a no. Good luck for everyone who has an interview and may the force be with anyone who is going to participate in the scramble.
I got an email from a program today. It was a rejection, but still. Also heard from three programs yesterday. One program isn't talking to me until 4/3. It's never over.

Has anyone heard from VA Portland, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Temple Jeanes Hospital, Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center, or Washington Hospital Healthcare System?

Also, has anyone emailed the programs RPDs to see if they have received applications?

I read online that some programs never received a person's apps and reached out to them because the student had emailed them prior to PhORCAS opened. I'm worried some programs never received my application materials even though it shows I paid for them on PhORCAS. I submitted all my apps at 9am March 21. Applied to 7, 1 interview invite, 1 rejection.

Has anyone else else heard from Presence in Chicago? If so, did they already give you an interview time or not yet?

Has anyone heard from VA Portland, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Temple Jeanes Hospital, Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center, or Washington Hospital Healthcare System?
I haven't heard from them, but someone in this thread got an interview invitation from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

I haven't heard from them, but someone in this thread got an interview invitation from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Oh, I saw someone who got an invite from Mount Sinai Beth Israel (in NYC). BIDMC is in Boston

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview offer this morning for the Walgreens program in Phoenix

Congrats!! Did you have all of your references in the day you submitted? I'm afraid one of mine, finally submitted yesterday, may have affected my chances.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats!! Did you have all of your references in the day you submitted? I'm afraid one of mine, finally submitted yesterday, may have affected my chances.

Thanks! and yes I waited til my references were sent in before submitting (late afternoon last Tuesday).
I think most programs are closing their apps yesterday/today so you made it! Depends on the program obviously but I'm thinking some are waiting to see everyone who applies before inviting for interviews. That may be the case for USC and BIDMC since no one heard from them..

There are some programs mid last week that were still open to apply on phorcas, but were not accepting applications. Luckily I emailed my programs prior to sending out my apps, but I can only imagine for those who applied thinking it was still open.

Very frustrating and a waste of time and money for those applying to the programs who had their phorcas open but were not accepting applications.

There are some programs mid last week that were still open to apply on phorcas, but were not accepting applications. Luckily I emailed my programs prior to sending out my apps, but I can only imagine for those who applied thinking it was still open.

Very frustrating and a waste of time and money for those applying to the programs who had their phorcas open but were not accepting applications.

Yep. I emailed a program that's open and they said they're not even accepting another pgy1. Wonder how much money was wasted sending in applications there

Yep. I emailed a program that's open and they said they're not even accepting another pgy1. Wonder how much money was wasted sending in applications there

Oh wow, that's not very professional. Do you mind sharing which program that was?

Oh wow, that's not very professional. Do you mind sharing which program that was?

I'd rather not. You can send your application to them for pgy1 but they're not listed on natmatch.com page for pgy1. So you might be able to figure it out. I was told they'd take 5 but they only took 4. So I think they still have it listed within phorcas they that have an open spot.

Has anyone heard from Dallas and San Antonio programs in TX ?

Has anyone heard from Dallas and San Antonio programs in TX ?

I'm wondering the same thing. San Antonio program emailed me the day I sent my application that they received it......and that was it.

Just to keep others updated since I know it's killing me inside:

I've received 6 rejections over the past 2 days and still haven't heard from a number of other programs. Growing a big ass chip on my shoulder here...

I would start preparing for other options if you aren't having luck in phase II. Last year there was only 13 spots in the scramble so its gonna be rough.

I would start preparing for other options if you aren't having luck in phase II. Last year there was only 13 spots in the scramble so its gonna be rough.
Yea, it's looking like it's a necessity at this point. Residency was my only option moving forward.

What can we do professionally in the meantime if we wish to get in next year? Surely, our transcript isn't going to get any better. I feel like grades weeded me out of a lot of the preliminary screenings -- thought I had plenty of work experience, extracurriculars, and leadership to make up for it; apparently not.

Invites: Swedish covenant, providence Alaska, Virginia health center, and blessed hospital in Quincy. Rejection from advocate in Chicago.

I received an navigation from blessed hospital today, so it seems like there's still time for us all.

Interviews at 7, rejected from 3, no word on the rest!

Reactions: 2 users
Invites: Swedish covenant, providence Alaska, Virginia health center, and blessed hospital in Quincy. Rejection from advocate in Chicago.

I received an navigation from blessed hospital today, so it seems like there's still time for us all.

When did you apply to Virginia Health Center?

1 interview (skype), 3 "we're reviewing your app"s, 0 rejections, lots of radio silence.

I've never received a confirmation from a program regarding my application. Not even during phase 1. Is it common that programs send this out?

I've never received a confirmation from a program regarding my application. Not even during phase 1. Is it common that programs send this out?

I never received confirmation from programs regarding them receiving my application in phase 1. Only had one program in phase 2 do it

3 interviews, 1 rejection, 2 'still reviewing', 2 radio silence

Only a small percentage of programs send out that notification.

I applied to 10 programs last Thursday evening. Received 5 interviews, 1 we are reviewing your app, 0 rejections, and nothing from 4. Interviews were in PA, NJ, and NY.

Applied to 8, 2 interviews, 2 rejections, nothing from 4. Has anyone heard from any of the North/Central NJ sites?

I applied to 10 programs last Thursday evening. Received 5 interviews, 1 we are reviewing your app, 0 rejections, and nothing from 4. Interviews were in PA, NJ, and NY.
If you don't mind me asking, which ones did you hear back from in NY and NJ?

If you don't mind me asking, which ones did you hear back from in NY and NJ?

From NY, I've heard back from Mount Sinai, Mount Sinai West, LIJ and Kingsbrook