Unmatched Phase II 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePharmD81

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Unfortunately I did not match, so I am looking at the available programs in Phase II. I am confused about the number of availabilities they have for example if they have 5 residents overall and they have the site listed as available for phase II, how do I know how many spots are available. I saw last year there was a spreadsheet regarding this and was wondering where people got this information from.

Also, I saw in Phase II that they recommended to reach out to the programs ahead of time as in now, is that true? And should I be reaching out sending my application in or just asking questions.

Thanks! Good luck to those applying to phase II

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!

Unfortunately I did not match, so I am looking at the available programs in Phase II. I am confused about the number of availabilities they have for example if they have 5 residents overall and they have the site listed as available for phase II, how do I know how many spots are available. I saw last year there was a spreadsheet regarding this and was wondering where people got this information from.

Also, I saw in Phase II that they recommended to reach out to the programs ahead of time as in now, is that true? And should I be reaching out sending my application in or just asking questions.

Thanks! Good luck to those applying to phase II
So you don't need to reach out to programs. There is a second phase of the match,which is EXACTLY like phase I but in a shorter period of time. I would try to explain it all toyou but there is an email you should have received that detail the timeline for the second phase. If i remember correctly, PhorCas will reopen on the 27th, ranks are due on the 4th, and 2nd Match day is 4/12. the list of unmatched programs should be on NMS website. but like I said, there is an email from ASHP OR NMS with all this info. Best of luck

So you don't need to reach out to programs. There is a second phase of the match,which is EXACTLY like phase I but in a shorter period of time. I would try to explain it all toyou but there is an email you should have received that detail the timeline for the second phase. If i remember correctly, PhorCas will reopen on the 27th, ranks are due on the 4th, and 2nd Match day is 4/12. the list of unmatched programs should be on NMS website. but like I said, there is an email from ASHP OR NMS with all this info. Best of luck

Is there anyway we can find out how many positions are available per program after phase 1?

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand Phorcas is still not fully open for submitting applications, however a few programs that were listed in the unmatched list claim to be closed or do not show up. Does anyone know why? will they open when phorcas reopens?

For Phase II, do I need to send a new transcript (which will take about a week) ? and if yes, how do I know which ones will be sent to the new programs I am applying to since, technically, the old transcript that I sent for phase I is still showing up in my phorcas profile...

By the way, I went out and reached out to the programs. I briefly introduced myself, send them my CV and explained that I will be applying to their programs. I sent the email on Sunday afternoon. By Sunday night 2 replied to me and 1 replied to me this morning (Monday) saying that they really appreciate it as this turnaround will be quick. They liked the opportunity to be able to review my CV ahead of time. Two of them told me that their deadline is 3/21 and one 3/22 which I did not know. I will recommend you do so as well.

By the way, I went out and reached out to the programs. I briefly introduced myself, send them my CV and explained that I will be applying to their programs. I sent the email on Sunday afternoon. By Sunday night 2 replied to me and 1 replied to me this morning (Monday) saying that they really appreciate it as this turnaround will be quick. They liked the opportunity to be able to review my CV ahead of time. Two of them told me that their deadline is 3/21 and one 3/22 which I did not know. I will recommend you do so as well.
Is there a way to check deadlines on phorcas ?

Do new letters of recommendation need to be requested or can the LORs from Phase I of the match be used for Phase II?

Hi all, does anyone know for phase II, I didn't see any E-submit bottom at end of my application page, so, is that mean after payment, I'm done? Also, I didn't receive any confirmation email too. Anyone same as me?

Do we need to re-register for Match ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi all, does anyone know for phase II, I didn't see any E-submit bottom at end of my application page, so, is that mean after payment, I'm done? Also, I didn't receive any confirmation email too. Anyone same as me?

Do we need to re-register for Match ?

Thanks

I have the same question too
Anyone know?

Members don't see this ad :)

What program was 3/21? I'm applying today. Everyone's deadline i see says 4/4

Applied to 9, heard back from 3 so far. 2 phone interviews & 1 onsite. All in East coast

Applied to 9, heard back from 3 so far. 2 phone interviews & 1 onsite. All in East coast
Would you mind share which area of east coast are theses program located?

Last edited:
No I didn't get a confirmation from Phorcas. But I got an email confirmation from 2 programs, so I knew my applications were submitted. All I did was to pay for the application fee.

It's in the northeast.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know what the true deadlines are for programs? I am waiting on letter of intent feedback and found out one program I was looking at had their deadline last night!

does anyone know what the true deadlines are for programs? I am waiting on letter of intent feedback and found out one program I was looking at had their deadline last night!

If you're going to apply, apply asap. Programs have one week to interview you.

The dates listed on phorcas are mostly incorrect. The programs that have responded to my question emails have stated dates from 3/22-3/25, but all stated they would like it in as soon as possible. At the least you should be emailing the programs and explaining why the application isn't submitted yet but expressing interest and sending a CV so they can start considering you.

Has anyone else started receiving interviews yet?

10 applications submitted 9:00 sharp March 21. No communication as of yet. FL x 6, TX x 3, NV x 1

Interview with one program in NY, but haven't heard back from any other programs.

Congrat. Did you apply other NY programs as well?
Thanks! I applied to 4 total in NY and 1 in NJ. I think we'll here back from a lot of programs tomorrow being that next week is the only week to interview.

3 interviews, 1 rejection so far :(
I haven't gotten any rejections, but I would be thrilled with those numbers (I haven't got as many interview offers as you either). You're looking at an interview acceptance rate of 75%. Programs must love you :) + you probably still have more coming

Has anyone heard from programs in Florida, Virginia, or Tennessee?

Thanks! I applied to 4 total in NY and 1 in NJ. I think we'll here back from a lot of programs tomorrow being that next week is the only week to interview.
did u hear any other NY program today?

Last edited:
I had two phone interviews from two places in FLorida. Haven't heard from TN yet
Which programs in Florida, if you don't mind me asking ?

I have 2 interviews next week so far....MN and NV

Reactions: 1 users