Unmatched DPM in Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

F&ADoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know what a graduate from podiatry school is allowed to do in terms of practice in the state of Ohio without a residency program? Anywhere I can find this in writing? So far what I've heard is that a DPM without a residency can have the responsibilities of a medical assistant under a supervising podiatrist. Could a DPM degree allow taking of radiographs though? Asking for a friend.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know what a graduate from podiatry school is allowed to do in terms of practice in the state of Ohio without a residency program? Anywhere I can find this in writing? So far what I've heard is that a DPM without a residency can have the responsibilities of a medical assistant under a supervising podiatrist. Could a DPM degree allow taking of radiographs though? Asking for a friend.

Man.... but what about your loans?

Well I don't mean as a career. I was just saying in the meantime while waiting for the match again next year. I already know about preceptorships, but I am asking for a potential new opportunity that I have heard could open up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I don't mean as a career. I was just saying in the meantime while waiting for the match again next year. I already know about preceptorships, but I am asking for a potential new opportunity that I have heard could open up.

Your loans still kick into repayment though, don't they?

I mean it's not the end of the world but why didn't you match though? Anyway you can tackle those issues? Retake boards? Do research? Get better recc letters?

Reactions: 1 user
To the OP, not sure of the opportunity you're talking about, but during my externships I saw a preceptor act exactly like a MA, conducting patient interviews, chip and clip, and taking all office x-rays. This was in an office in Ohio. Best of luck to your friend.

dr.phoot, not sure if you're a pre-pod or first year. Either way, focus on getting the best GPA and passing boards part 1. No need to grill someone looking for help when you don't know their situation, and still have a long road for yourself.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol.... I'm more concerned for the OP than anything, Rob.

If I was in this position I'll be devastated. But my questions were genuine though. In a situation like this, would a retake of the board exam and getting a higher score make any difference?

Lol.... I'm more concerned for the OP than anything, Rob.

If I was in this position I'll be devastated. But my questions were genuine though. In a situation like this, would a retake of the board exam and getting a higher score make any difference?

Boards are pass/fail. There is no score.

Reactions: 2 users