University opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KruZnn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm facing the very daunting decision of choosing a medical university to further continue my education. I'm an Australian citizen and completed a degree in Advanced Medical Science at the University of western Sydney; now known as western Sydney university. I've completed many research projects along the way and now sit on a Gpa of 5.85 on the 7 scale.
I have never sat the mcat as transferring to an overseas university was never an intention. I have however sat the Gamsat which is Australia's medical admissions test and the umat. These are my major hurdles and is what's stopping me from being accepted in Aussie schools. I'm willing to continue trying for another year but in the case of me transferring overseas, what universities do people recommend?
I have read about few uni's in Europe (Czech, Poland) however I would place this in my bottom category.
There is also Singapore which is highly recognised around the world however very costly.
Malaysia (IMU and NuMed seem to be the most appealing)
I know the Philippines was a fairly popular choice back in the days but I'm not quite so sure as of late. Feedback on the present would be appreciated. I know they are very cheap and had a good history in matching students. Thus seeming like an efficient choice.
India: Haven't done much research on.. But from what I gather, it's quite difficult. By no means a worry to me. I'm prepared.

And lastly, the Caribbeans. As I previously mentioned, I have never sat the mcat. Saba university doesn't seem to place this as a core requirement (unless you're from the states/Canada). I'm willing to sit this test by any means when it becomes available to me.

Returning to Australia to practice is my most favoured option of course. I'm also willing to practice in the uk and the us/Canada in that order.

What are your opinions? I know this is the south of east asia and India thread but any advice would be highly appreciated.

Ps.
Do not tell me to keep trying Australian universities, please.

Members don't see this ad.