University of waterloo Pharmacy c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congratulations guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone please confirm if are eligible for the admission offer (based on our interview + fsa performance) even if we are not able to submit the final transcript by June 2, 2017 deadline? It is just that this offer will be conditional until we eventually submit the final transcript, right?
Yup that is correct. They addressed that June 2 is really early for some schools, so if you're admitted, it would be conditional until you send in your final transcript.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how much the FSA is weighted? Is it 50% or less compared to the actual interview?

For how many is UWaterloo their first choice?

Does anyone know how much the FSA is weighted? Is it 50% or less compared to the actual interview?

I hope its less, I feel like I did poor on the math. I don't know why I just blanked (I finished it all though, not sure how correct my answers were)

Hmm I had a totally different experience. The panel that interviewed me were very stone-faced / had extremely flat affect. I couldn't get a read or a smile from them to reaffirm what I said. I would give my answer and they just said "ok." And moved to next question. I felt confident going in but pretty deflated by the end.
I found my panel to be flat and expressionless as well. Kind of freaked me out when I would finish my answer and they would not say anything for a few moments before asking the next question. They also asked a couple of questions I was not really expecting which threw me off a little

How important is the FSA as the deciding factor? eg. do you still have a chance even if you may have gotten a couple questions wrong?

I heard if you fail one portion of the FSA (math/article/essay), that's automatic failure of the entire FSA, and that you must do sufficiently well (average?) in all 3 portions. Can someone confirm this?

How important is the FSA as the deciding factor? eg. do you still have a chance even if you may have gotten a couple questions wrong?

According to last year's thread: "One of the coordinators said that you must do "sufficiently well" in all three components of the FSA. So, i really don't know how they define "sufficiently well" here."

Source : University of Waterloo Pharmacy c/o 2020

I found my panel to be flat and expressionless as well. Kind of freaked me out when I would finish my answer and they would not say anything for a few moments before asking the next question. They also asked a couple of questions I was not really expecting which threw me off a little

How do you feel about the FSA though?

I feel so upset/disappointed in myself. I totally bombed the FSA :(
I started with the math component and the essay. However, I wasn't able to finish the reading comprehension section... I left about half of it empty and barely understood the questions

Does anyone know if we have to update the courses listed as IP on the AIF in addition to sending our final transcripts or are we only required to send in our final transcripts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if we have to update the courses listed as IP on the AIF in addition to sending our final transcripts or are we only required to send in our final transcripts?
Nope, just send your final transcripts! Once you've submitted your AIF, you can't make any changes anyways.

What are some reasons you guys have waterloo as your number one choice? (if it is your #1)

were many of you able to apply to uoft this year??

Does anyone know if the admissions committee looks back on applications when making acceptance decisions? Or is everything from before the interview no longer considered one gets to the interview stage?
Thanks in advance!

Just one more week to go till the results. Who is excited??

Reactions: 3 users
looool. I wanted to add that my interview wasn't amazing either, but I kept my enthusiasm despite the pressure.. So we'll see I guess. FSA's reading comprehension I found kind of tricky.. math was fun though.

I wanted to ask what other universities will you be applying to if Waterloo doesn't work out? I'm thinking UBC, since the application process is pretty simple.. also MCPHS in Boston, hoping for a third year transfer and finishing the degree in 4 years

looool. I wanted to add that my interview wasn't amazing either, but I kept my enthusiasm despite the pressure.. So we'll see I guess. FSA's reading comprehension I found kind of tricky.. math was fun though.

I wanted to ask what other universities will you be applying to if Waterloo doesn't work out? I'm thinking UBC, since the application process is pretty simple.. also MCPHS in Boston, hoping for a third year transfer and finishing the degree in 4 years

Well I also applied to U of T, wouldn't put all eggs in one basket. If both are rejections, I'll branch out to Alberta and BC for their PharmD programs, but I'm not planning on moving to USA.

Well I also applied to U of T, wouldn't put all eggs in one basket. If both are rejections, I'll branch out to Alberta and BC for their PharmD programs, but I'm not planning on moving to USA.

Thanks for the answer :)

Out of curiosity, if admitted to both uoft and uw, which would you pick and why?

Out of curiosity, if admitted to both uoft and uw, which would you pick and why?

Honestly I've been struggling internally for a couple months now trying to find the answer to this question. I've made pros cons lists, but I'm still kinda lost. I'm hoping my decision will be made for me lol. What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear other perspectives

How will we be notified about our results? I know that they'll update the quest page but is there also an email or a phone call?
Thanks

How will we be notified about our results? I know that they'll update the quest page but is there also an email or a phone call?
Thanks

Last year's thread said quest was updated at 8:30am! Other people posted about getting an email too

Honestly I've been struggling internally for a couple months now trying to find the answer to this question. I've made pros cons lists, but I'm still kinda lost. I'm hoping my decision will be made for me lol. What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear other perspectives

"hope my decision will be made for me" haha preach!! Hoping for the same.

Today is the day............. Good luck everyone

They didn't give a specific time so I'm assuming now it can be anytime this morning. Just happened to come out at 8:30 last year

just got an email!!! am in!!!

It says it may take up to 24 hours to update on Quest!
OMG I THOUGHT IT WAS A MISTAKEN OFFER CASUE IT DIDNT' SHOW IN QUEST. OM SO EISXXTATIC CRIGHT NOW. BESTG OF LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU AUSHDFJAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Do you think its a no for the ones who havent gotten an answer?

I haven't but after my fsa they said they would send out emails around 10-11, so maybe theres still hope

I've been refreshing since the first person posted saying they got an email over an hour ago, and I just got mine now. So I think they're slowly rolling them out.

Wait-listed, excited to still have a chance!

Reactions: 1 users