University of waterloo Pharmacy c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last year the emails for interview offers started coming through at around 11am. :) Best of luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhhhhh the waitttt is killing me!!! :dead::dead::dead:

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if they send them all together or different times?

Does anyone know if they send them all together or different times?

I think that they send them out on a rolling basis throughout the day since its an email

Nothing here either. I know this is kinda irrelevant but would you guys consider going to a pharmacy school somewhere else? like in the States or in the UK even? and eventually come back to Canada to get licensed?

Nothing here either. I know this is kinda irrelevant but would you guys consider going to a pharmacy school somewhere else? like in the States or in the UK even? and eventually come back to Canada to get licensed?
Just had an interview with UK school!

I applied to UW and UofT this year. If I get in neither I would reapply next year to both, as well as probably UBC/UofA (the others that have PharmD right now). I don't think I would leave Canada though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Only applied to Waterloo here... Confidence level high a bit lol

I applied to UW and UofT this year. If I get in neither I would reapply next year to both, as well as probably UBC/UofA (the others that have PharmD right now). I don't think I would leave Canada though.
I think the university of Saskatchewan also has a PharmD program. Idk, I would rather go to the UK than going to Alberta or Saskatchewan... no offense! They highly highly prefer in-province residents, even the UBC.

I have an interview with UBC on the 30th, if waterloo doesn't work out hopefully that does :(

Exciting! I heard the city Brighton is AMAZING! Have you applied to any other school in the UK?
Yeah it is!!! My friend whos a pharmacist went there and is always raving about it! I also applied to manchester, kings college and liverpool!

If I may ask, why is your confidence so high?
Maybe super high cGPA? I know this girl from Vancouver with cGPA 3.9 ish got an interview offer last year from U of Waterloo WITHOUT zero experience in anything. She devoted all her time to studying so she couldn't really write much in work experience/extra curriculum activites sections. I like her, but she even got her LOR from her family doctor..She turned down the offer in order to attend an interview at UBC and she didn't get in (after getting waitlisted...) poor thing

Maybe super high cGPA? I know this girl from Vancouver with cGPA 3.9 ish got an interview offer last year from U of Waterloo WITHOUT zero experience in anything. She devoted all her time to studying so she couldn't really write much in work experience/extra curriculum activites sections. I like her, but she even got her LOR from her family doctor..She turned down the offer in order to attend an interview at UBC and she didn't get in (after getting waitlisted...) poor thing

So, if I have a BSc and MSc and have volunteered at a pharmacy but no work experience should I be confident? I feel like UW doesn't care about that stuff as much as WORK.

Got an interview invitation for the 29th !!!! :)

Just got an interview offer!! Check your emails guys!

Reactions: 1 user
Got one for 28th!

did anyone apply to Dal?
Are you from the area? Then you may have a good chance getting into the Dal with a good cGPA. If you are from other provinces, you would need a perfect cGPA. Their quota for out-of-province students is RIDICULOUS

Anyone know the interviewed vs accepted stats for recent years?

So, if I have a BSc and MSc and have volunteered at a pharmacy but no work experience should I be confident? I feel like UW doesn't care about that stuff as much as WORK.
I think if you do have any experience in a pharmacy setting, that should be good enough.

My interview is the 28th at 9am... fml

Do they send invites before rejections? I didn't get an email yet

I just received interview email @ 1:08.

For those that got an interview invitation from Montreal, how are you planning your trip to Waterloo?

Last edited:
For anybody that did not receive an email I am truly sorry and I hope that you can use this experience to better yourself and not beat yourself down. This is a highly competitive program and I hope you appreciate all the hard work you put in and know that this experience does not define you. Whether you decide to apply again or consider other paths, I wish you good luck and I know you will succeed. <3 I hope this forum can be a place of support if you need it.

So around 240 people are getting interviewed, right?

I have a question. In the email they say: "At the beginning of the interview, you will be given a period of 5 to10 minutes to provide the panel with insights about you as an individual". But then they never elaborate about the rest of the interview. Does anyone have any insight towards that?

Got an interview for Saturday, April 29! :happy: I wish everyone, who has been offered, the best preparing for theirs!

I have a question. In the email they say: "At the beginning of the interview, you will be given a period of 5 to10 minutes to provide the panel with insights about you as an individual". But then they never elaborate about the rest of the interview. Does anyone have any insight towards that?
So the interview is panel style with around 3 individuals. You will do your presentation in front of them and then the questionnaire section of the interview will take place. It think the question part of the interview is about 15 minutes if I remember correctly.

So the interview is panel style with around 3 individuals. You will do your presentation in front of them and then the questionnaire section of the interview will take place. It think the question part of the interview is about 15 minutes if I remember correctly.
You've done it before right? How is it in your experience? What kind of questions were asked?

Got an interview for the 28th! 5th year biochemistry co-op student at McMaster... Also applied to Toronto