CASPer Test University of Vermont (UVM) - CASPer® Test for 2017-2018 Admissions Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Advisor Prep

Admissions Guru
Vendor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Based on preliminary information, UVM Larner College of Medicine will become the latest medical school in the United States to adopt CASPer® as part of their admissions process for the 2017/2018 application cycle.

With a growing number of medical schools worldwide adopting CASPer, the test can accounts for as much as 33% of an applicants pre-interview score, giving it an equal weighting as the MCAT.

To learn more about how APE Advisor Prep can help you conquer CASPer, please visit:

https://apetest.com/edu/casper-sim/

Disclaimer:
CASPer SIM™ is a trademark of Advisor Prep Education Services LLC. CASPer® is a registered trademark of Altus Assessments Inc. The CASPer® test is delivered by Altus Assessments at takecasper.com. This practice test is operated by Advisor Prep Education Services, a provider of test preparation services. Advisor Prep is an independent service provider which has no role in creating or administering the CASPer® test. Altus Assessments and Advisor Prep have no relationship whatsoever, whether by way of affiliation, endorsement, or otherwise.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For some schools, CASPER is used as a screening tool. Just like on the CARS section of the mcat, some schools screens applicants who have less than a 125. Since CASPER is also graded on a percentile, you need to achieve a certain percentile to avoid being screened.

Here's the tricky part, since CASPER is an analysis of "what would you do in real ethical dilemmas", and is graded by human graders, what type of response would be considered let's say a 70th percentile? Some dilemmas have multiple solutions that would be considered "acceptable", how much leeway would a grader give you?

@King of Casper , it's hard to say what exactly corresponds to a 70% tile score on the actual test as examinees are not told their performance. Some sections have multiple strong answers but more importantly, CASPer® assessors are expected to adhere to grading guidelines which do have some leeway.

Unfortunately, we are not able to disclose any information to the public beyond what is shared by the official administrators of the test. However, we believe the best practice to gauge your performance on the actual CASPer® test are our full length APE CASPer SIM™ practice CASPer® tests with scoring which do provide you with a rank score and performance profile, based on your results.

Members don't see this ad :)
@King of Casper We encourage you to try our sample test so that you may arrive at your own conclusions. If you research our Alexa rank, you will see there is at least a 20-400x fold difference between Advisor Prep® and the next CASPer® test provider, a helpful indicator of how popular and widely used our tests are.

We are the gold standard for CASPer® practice tests. Other CASPer® test providers simply provide a sample random question and video here and there for CASPer®. The majority do not provide an actual sample multi section CASPer® demonstration based on their ACTUAL testing platform for examinees to try out. You have to wonder why.

Last edited:
Is there a coupon and any type of discount or do you have to pay the full $34 for each test? I tried it, and like it :)

BTW, when you make a statement in your response, for example, "the government should support education", do you have to come up with specific examples (i.e. implement more after school programs, investing in teacher training, etc)?

Is there a coupon and any type of discount or do you have to pay the full $34 for each test? I tried it, and like it :)

Thanks for your interest in our practice CASPer tests. Unfortunately there are currently no promotions. However, we do offer discounts periodically so please check back often!

BTW, when you make a statement in your response, for example, "the government should support education", do you have to come up with specific examples (i.e. implement more after school programs, investing in teacher training, etc)?

Examples are helpful when possible, but justification of statements made is much more significant for CASPer.

What about questions that ask describe a conflict you faced? and the follow up question is how would you have dealt with it differently?

For the first part, do you answer the way it's NOT suppose to be done; and for the second part, give the "politically correct" response?

I just purchased sim 1, but the access code wouldn't work. When I called and emailed, no one on your staff is responding. How can I get a refund?

I just purchased sim 1, but the access code wouldn't work. When I called and emailed, no one on your staff is responding. How can I get a refund?

Hi there,

It looks like you were able to use your access code without any issues. Sometimes, users receive an error when entering an access code because they accidentally include a space in the beginning which counts as a "character".

Good luck with CASPer and please feel free to reach out to us in the future if there are any other issues!

Do you know if Casper flags "unethical responses"? Also how does the scoring work: do they average the 12 sections or add them up to get a composite score?

I just took the test today. Thought it was MUCH harder than the sample test posted by the CASPer people. I basically ran out of time on almost all the sections and feel completely screwed! :(

Are you being graded on your reactions during the test? Test takers are monitored by a webcam the entire time, so if you encounter a hard problem and show frustration, would that be on your record and reflected in your score report?

I just took the test today. Thought it was MUCH harder than the sample test posted by the CASPer people. I basically ran out of time on almost all the sections and feel completely screwed! :(

I used the APE practice CASPer tests and felt very prepared for the actual test. Good lucK!

Reactions: 1 user
Are you being graded on your reactions during the test? Test takers are monitored by a webcam the entire time, so if you encounter a hard problem and show frustration, would that be on your record and reflected in your score report?

No. The assessor does not have access to any webcam footage, nor do they know your name, gender, ethnicity ... etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users