University of Toronto Pharmacy Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Omg can't believe decisions are out already wasn't mentally ready for the mental roller coaster today!!
Got accepted to both UW and Waterloo.
Stats:
Average: 85%, cGPA slightly lower at 3.7
PCAT: 98% composite
Interview: Felt good in about 8/10 stations. BSed hard through one station.

Just wondering, which school are you choosing?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, congrats to everyone who got accepted, and for the people who have been wait-listed, be optimistic and don't lose hope :)

I got accepted to both Waterloo and Toronto and my stats are:

cGPA: 3.7
PCAT: 95
Interview: Pretty good for the most part...7/10 I would say

I'm currently trying to decide between Waterloo and Toronto, I would love to talk to anyone in the same boat and get their perspective!

I know for a lot of people, Waterloo's co-op program is huge plus, but at Toronto, we also have to work in a pharmacy setting during the summer break, so are the universities any different with that regard?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to clarify my confusion :D

I got accepted to both UofT and Waterloo :). I'll probably reject UofT though because Waterloo has a good co-op program. They're both PharmD so I prefer the experience and I want to pay for my tuition that way rather than having to go through OSAP. I think Waterloo is harder to get into also.

My view is that you can build a lot of connections with co-op.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, congrats to everyone who got accepted, and for the people who have been wait-listed, be optimistic and don't lose hope :)

I'm currently trying to decide between Waterloo and Toronto, I would love to talk to anyone in the same boat and get their perspective!

I know for a lot of people, Waterloo's co-op program is huge plus, but at Toronto, we also have to work in a pharmacy setting during the summer break, so are the universities any different with that regard?

waterloo works on a work/study/work/study/... etc type system. So you graduate later from loo but at the same time you get more hours of mandatory experience that is also paid. the pharmd experiential program at uoft is a lot shorter (~140 hours every summer though of course there's nothing that says you can't stay longer, you just have to work that out with your pharmacy manager), and you need to take initiative in finding your own placements, as well you're very likely not going to be paid for those placements. Tuition difference is about $3000 higher for waterloo. so just things to think about.

I got accepted into both UW and UT!
My stats honestly are not that impressive, and I was shakey on the interviews. I must have gotten lucky. :p
Average: 79%
PCAT composite: 92%
Interview: Did decent on 6-7/10 stations

Got in !
GPA: 3.4/78%
PCAT composite: 93%
Interview: Did good in 6-7/10 stations
Congratulations to everyone who got in! See you all in September!
btw, i'm not in Canada atm, is there any way to submit my response via email/mail ?

Got in !
GPA: 3.4/78%
PCAT composite: 93%
Interview: Did good in 6-7/10 stations
Congratulations to everyone who got in! See you all in September!
btw, i'm not in Canada atm, is there any way to submit my response via email/mail ?

Yeah you need to fill out the form, scan it and send it in

If you didn't get accepted does it mean you can still hope to get accepted later since some people will be rejecting the offer?

If you didn't get accepted does it mean you can still hope to get accepted later since some people will be rejecting the offer?

If you're on the wait list then yeah you can definitely still receive an acceptance later on. If you have just been rejected then unfortunately no, you cannot receive an offer later on.

I'm waitlisted in both Waterloo and Toronto... Do you guys know what the chances are if you are in the upper half? Thanks.

Unfortunately, i was rejected. However, do you mind sharing your stats just for my future references. If anyone else waitlisted/rejected wants to share their stats then it will be even more helpful. I'm most likely going to apply again next year. And, thanks in advance.

Pcat: 61
Gpa: 3.2
Interview: 7-8/10

Good luck to you all!

Hi all I was accepted! :)

Stats:

PCAT Comp: 97
GPA: 3.86 / 86% avg
Interview - 6/10 or 7/10

See you all in the fall!

Accepted!

PCAT comp 97%, 4/6 on writing
average 90%
Graduated with a degree

Very excited, especially since I did not apply else where. Will be happily accepting the offer, and can't wait to meet everyone in September :)

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that got accepted, did you have a full course load every year (five courses per term) or did you take an easier course load to boost your GPA. My GPA is probably around a 3.5+ or 77-79%. I got 92 percentile on the PCAT. I felt good in about seven stations of the interview but I got waitlisted. So I'm thinking about having a lighter course load of having four courses per term rather than five.

For those that got accepted, did you have a full course load every year (five courses per term) or did you take an easier course load to boost your GPA. My GPA is probably around a 3.5+ or 77-79%. I got 92 percentile on the PCAT. I felt good in about seven stations of the interview but I got waitlisted. So I'm thinking about having a lighter course load of having four courses per term rather than five.

I took 5 courses every semester and got in. As long as you've met the minimum of one year with a full course load then doing 4 courses shouldn't hurt

I had a full course load each semester. My stats are about the same as yours.

Waitlisted. I did not do well in the interview, maybe 5-6/10 stations went well. Congrats to those that got in! Even if I do get off the waitlist, I'm going to decline the offer. Waterloo was my first choice :D

Only applied to UofT and Accepted, good luck all and see you in Sept.

PCAT: VA68, B99, RC20, QA95, C99, Comp95
gpa: 3.6 at UofT
Interview: 8/10

Only applied to U of T as well, and was accepted!

My stats:

PCAT: 99th percentile
gpa: ~ 3.56
Interview: Felt confident about 8/10, overall fun experience..

Can't wait to meet you guys in September! :)

OMG I DID NOT KNOW WE WOULD GET RESULTS TODAY!

IM soo surprised I got accepted !

Stats: Pcat comp 68%
GPA: 3.7-3.8
MMI: went well i believe

Only problem is I'm anxious about moving to Toronto :scared:

Last edited:
ACCEPTED! Long time lurker, first time poster:

PCAT: 75th percentile :eek:
gpa: ~3.15 :eek:
Interview: Felt like I did well in 10/10 stations.

My stats are abysmal. I did not expect to get into UofT since they do not take CV or personal profiles into consideration. I knew if I got an interview I had to nail it, and I guess I did :D For future applicants who read this and wonder if their stats are good enough... well... they most likely are :)

Reactions: 1 user
I got in too!

CGPA = 3.37/4.33 scale
PCAT = 94 percentile
Interview = maybe 6 or 7/10

I'm stuck between choosing UofT and MUN (Newfoundland). :confused:
UofT's tuition fees are really expensive, while MUN's are the lowest.
MUN doesn't have the entry-level PharmD yet though.

Will an entry-level PharmD degree give me a higher chance of getting a pharmacy job, compared to having a BscPharm?

I'm in the same boat as well, and I'm leaning towards Waterloo. The co-op is such a huge bonus, and although some people are saying that you end later (which is true), you also start later, so the program lengths are equal.

I'm curious as to whether anyone has any insight to the types of people in each program? I'd rather go to the more social/party-hearty school. Anyone?

I just graduated so I was at UofT for 4 years. I only had a full course load for one year so I dont think that should really change anything because they indicate that you should have one full course load year. However, they do say that having a full course load all years is more favorable because it shows that you can handle the course load at pharm. Its possible that you may not have done as well as you thought on the interview. Dont give up :)!

Accepted!
PCAT: 89th
GPA: 3.3
Interview: 8/10

Let me know if anyone is looking for a roomie :D Excited to see you all in September!

Congratulations to everyone that got accepted :)

I have been placed on the upper half of the waitlist of a group of approximately 50 applicants on the waitlist and I was wondering does that mean "the total number of applicants on the waitlist is 50? or just the upper half?

Thank-you for your help in advance.

Congratulations to everyone that got accepted :)

I have been placed on the upper half of the waitlist of a group of approximately 50 applicants on the waitlist and I was wondering does that mean "the total number of applicants on the waitlist is 50? or just the upper half?

Thank-you for your help in advance.

I'm pretty sure they put 50 people on the waitlist in total so the upper half is the top 25. I'm not 100% sure though, I'd check out their website just to be safe !

I'm in the same boat as well, and I'm leaning towards Waterloo. The co-op is such a huge bonus, and although some people are saying that you end later (which is true), you also start later, so the program lengths are equal.

I'm curious as to whether anyone has any insight to the types of people in each program? I'd rather go to the more social/party-hearty school. Anyone?

That's pretty much why I rejected my offer to Uoft and accepted Waterloo. I'm so glad I got accepted to both though. Waterloo is tougher to get into but my friends in UofT say that even their pharmacy school is pretty competitive. I'm not sure if this is entirely true but they say that they focus a lot more on their studies and some people in their program are still trying to pursue med. I think you get a job in the end in either school but I think with experience you can negotiate a lot better and just makes you a better candidate for better positions because of the experience you have.

I got in too!

CGPA = 3.37/4.33 scale
PCAT = 94 percentile
Interview = maybe 6 or 7/10

I'm stuck between choosing UofT and MUN (Newfoundland). :confused:
UofT's tuition fees are really expensive, while MUN's are the lowest.
MUN doesn't have the entry-level PharmD yet though.

Will an entry-level PharmD degree give me a higher chance of getting a pharmacy job, compared to having a BscPharm?
I don't know if a PharmD will be more advantageous for getting employment or not, but you you get a better curriculum so it'd definitely be helpful in that regard.

I'm debating too... it's our last chance to meet a lot of people so I want to have fun while I'm in pharmacy school! I think UW has a lot of group work and is community based but I have no idea what the atmosphere at U of T is like.

What about lines of credit? Is there a bank with the best deal for pharmacy students?

Tuition difference is about $3000 higher for waterloo. so just things to think about.

Where did you find tuition information? I don't know if I'm looking at the right pages. For U of T I found it says ~37000 for first year of PharmD...:eek:

The UW fee schedule website says each term at UW pharmacy is around 9K but I don't know if that's for their old curriculum or for the PharmD. Anyone know?

EDIT: just read the FAQ that says U of T's first year is ~15K.

Last edited:
Congrats everyone who got accepted! I wonder if I spoke to any of you on your interview day (I volunteered in May haha) ;) Hopefully, I'll meet you guys for sure during theee exciting phrosh week!!

If anyone has any questions about UT pharm (curriculum & whatnots + the odd questions as well), feel free to msg me. I'll answer any questions to the best of my abilities. Cheers :D

That's pretty much why I rejected my offer to Uoft and accepted Waterloo. I'm so glad I got accepted to both though. Waterloo is tougher to get into but my friends in UofT say that even their pharmacy school is pretty competitive. I'm not sure if this is entirely true but they say that they focus a lot more on their studies and some people in their program are still trying to pursue med. I think you get a job in the end in either school but I think with experience you can negotiate a lot better and just makes you a better candidate for better positions because of the experience you have.

I'm debating too... it's our last chance to meet a lot of people so I want to have fun while I'm in pharmacy school! I think UW has a lot of group work and is community based but I have no idea what the atmosphere at U of T is like.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same way as both of you. I ended up rejecting my UofT offer and accepting the UofW one. I'd prefer to make the most of the last 4 years of school, and feel like Waterloo would have a better social aspect.

Honestly, when is UofT ever early for anything?? I still can't believe that acceptances were sent out a week in advance and not even a full week after the last day to submit your grades!! Nonetheless, I feel so blessed to have been accepted and I look forward to meeting all of you in September!!!
:)

Yeah, I'm feeling the same way as both of you. I ended up rejecting my UofT offer and accepting the UofW one. I'd prefer to make the most of the last 4 years of school, and feel like Waterloo would have a better social aspect.

I guess I'll see you in January. :)

Does anyone know where we could find the recommended textbooks for first year courses?

Does anyone know where we could find the recommended textbooks for first year courses?

You should be getting an acceptance package from the faculty by mail. It will include a list of the recommended textbooks as well as other useful info (ie. phrosh application ;))

You should be getting an acceptance package from the faculty by mail. It will include a list of the recommended textbooks as well as other useful info (ie. phrosh application ;))

Thanks a lot!

Hey guys, im selling my pcat books, pm if interested!

ACCEPTED! Long time lurker, first time poster:

PCAT: 75th percentile :eek:
gpa: ~3.15 :eek:
Interview: Felt like I did well in 10/10 stations.

My stats are abysmal. I did not expect to get into UofT since they do not take CV or personal profiles into consideration. I knew if I got an interview I had to nail it, and I guess I did :D For future applicants who read this and wonder if their stats are good enough... well... they most likely are :)
Hi Longlurker: Your post is very inspirational. My grades are the same as you but I need to work on my interview skills. I got interviewed from both waterloo and u of t but I wasn't able to get in to either schools. I wonder if anyone could provide any suggestions on how to work on the MMIs. What experiences did you have and how did you prepare for the interview? Thanks in advance.

:love:Congratulations to everyone who are accepted!! :love:

Now that you are stress free (hopefully xD), I am looking for people who have:

Scored exceptionally high (97+) on the PCAT
AND/OR
Achieved very well on the interview.Got in with low cumulative average and PCAT OR has superb interview skills along with teaching ability.

to share your experience and possibly even tutor me.

Also, I'm recruiting future applicants who have 80+ average to review PCAT and practice interview!!

Contact me at:
[email protected]
or just private mesage me :laugh:

Last edited:
For those deciding between UW and UofT, think about the coop factor. You will make about 7000-8000 (sometimes even 10k) during coop working at the best workplaces for pharmacist (my first coop was in health canada and theybtold me after I graduate to come back and apply) way more opportunities than uoft. For those who are wondering why I dropped out of UW - it is because I am actually getting married and i would rather live with my husband in toronto.

Last edited:
blog.html

wow, that's a long time, 2 years ago, they gave people 2 weeks only to confirm!