University of Toronto Pharmacy Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kardashian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't notice anyone posting a U of T pharm 2013 admission cycle yet .. so I will !

For those who got accepted last year, got wait-listed but later on got accepted and those who got wait-listed mind sharing your PCAT scores, university GPA, and which university you applied from.. basically your stats :p . thanks :)

I'm applying next year, but good luck to everyone this year :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey :D

This year's my first time applying, My stats are a 76 composite PCAT and 3.6 GPA (~80%). I'm thinking of doing it again in January to try to boost it a bit...how about you?

Btw, I've heard that most of the people who get in are 3rd year and above, is there any preference toward upper years?

Good luck to everyone!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh hi this has already started LOL.

I got in from 2nd yr and am now in 1st yr. You guys will be fine. Just do your best in school. Shoot any questions you have and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

Btw, around 80% of my class has a degree already, if that helps. I don't. :(

Oh hi this has already started LOL.

I got in from 2nd yr and am now in 1st yr. You guys will be fine. Just do your best in school. Shoot any questions you have and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

Btw, around 80% of my class has a degree already, if that helps. I don't. :(

;o there's already a 2017 pharmacy U of T thread?
which university did you apply from? what were your stats that you applied with?
and have you met anyone in your class with the lowest stats that got in? LOL

Hey :D

This year's my first time applying, My stats are a 76 composite PCAT and 3.6 GPA (~80%). I'm thinking of doing it again in January to try to boost it a bit...how about you?

Btw, I've heard that most of the people who get in are 3rd year and above, is there any preference toward upper years?

Good luck to everyone!!! :D

Well when you group everyone who is 3rd year and above together and compare it to only 2nd years of course we're going to outnumber you! Hahaha!

Hahaha, you're right, never really thought about it that way. I'm just nervous since I'm a second year xD.

No one writes here :( Last year we had so many people contributing! Where are all you applicants?!

^ I second that

last year there were at least a couple pages by the end of december, don't be shy ppl ;D

yeah weird... where ARE all the applicants?

Btw now that first semester's over, I might not be able to maintain my overall 80 average. Maybe like at 78-79 sorta thing going on here. How detrimental do you guys think this is?

I mean from what I've heard for the past few years, you get around 600 applicants, around 500 chosen for interviews and 240 make it. So assuming you're not the 100 cut. You get almost a 50/50 chance yeah? Not to mention waiting listers and people who decide to go somewhere else.

My PCAT composite is 76, and my interview skills are above average. Does my future look bleak?

Maybe I should post this tomorrow, just incase ya know... the world ends today LOL ah well.

I still think you've got a chance.

You'll get an interview as long as you reach the cut offs -- 70 average and the PCAT cut offs for each subject (whatever they may be). From what I heard, the interview makes you or breaks you from there.

Though I thought I did terrible in my interview and I got in, so, who knows?

where are all the applicants ? , imagine if barely anyone applies this year and they all get in....I would die :(

This could mean 2 things either all the applicants know what they're doing, or there aren't that many this year ._.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

This is my first year applying to U of T. I am in my fourth year of a biopharm degree with a 3.3 average. My PCAT composite was an 88.

Fingers crossed I get an interview!

You get an interview if your average is over 70% and make the cutoffs of PCAT (around 20 percentile) and aren't missing any courses I believe. Good luck on interviews :D!

i got accepted with a 60 PCAT and a low 80 average i believe it was. i wasn't waitlisted either.

i must've done really well on the interview.
if you've got bad stats it doesn't look like many competitive people are applying i guess so just give it a shot and you might be pleasantly surprised as i was!

Hi,

One of my research course in my 2nd year has only the letter grade, how will the admission office convert that into marks for calculation?

pretty relieved to hear er- read that. xD thanks

are you the guy i talked to in class? haha so weird
and if it has a letter grade then you just put that in instead of the number grade for that course

How many applicants typically already have a Bachelor's degree? I feel old, because I graduated in 2011 and am only applying now because it took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do career-wise. I think my stats are competitive (97% PCAT comp and 3.95 GPA), so fingers crossed that I get in at either Waterloo or Toronto!

I'm also worried about keeping up my 80 average this term...I got an 87 composite on pcat but considering I have the majority of my tougher chem courses (biochem, thermochem, orgo2) right now it will probably go down a little bit...im in my 2nd year of undergrad and applied to both uoft and waterloo but not sure yet which is my first choice. Good luck to all you other applicants!

I'm also worried about keeping up my 80 average this term...I got an 87 composite on pcat but considering I have the majority of my tougher chem courses (biochem, thermochem, orgo2) right now it will probably go down a little bit...im in my 2nd year of undergrad and applied to both uoft and waterloo but not sure yet which is my first choice. Good luck to all you other applicants!

Hey i'm in the exact same boat as you xD, similar PCAT score, and barely hanging onto my 80 average. I'm in 2nd year too and applying to both :D.

Anyone done an MMI interview before? Any tips or prep strategies would be helpful :)

MMI tips
- some of the interviewers are trained not to show any emotion dont worry about it if they dont smile or they look menacing
-stick to your guns unless they outright tell you your thinking is wrong or something. if you say a point then they ask you about to clarify in a negative demeanour stick to it and explain yourself. theres not usually a wrong or right answer to some of the ethical questions just have good reasoning and points to back up your reasoning, also explain briefly both sides of the dilemma and what could happen for both then explain your opinion and why you chose that side
-you cant really prep for it just look over your resume/think of any experiences you could bring up to respond to questions
-dont stress or let your nerves get to you its not bad at all some people found it fun you can bs your way through most of the questions

also look up example MMI you can find lots of questions and example answers and videos

Hi everyone,

now that PCAT is done, it would be great if everyone shared their stats for this admission cycle, here are mine
PCAT
89 in bio
81 in chem
45 in math
30 in verbal
56 in reading
66 composite

applying for a second time

Hi everyone,

now that PCAT is done, it would be great if everyone shared their stats for this admission cycle, here are mine
PCAT
89 in bio
81 in chem
45 in math
30 in verbal
56 in reading
66 composite

applying for a second time

were you asked to do an interview the first time you applied? and do you mind sharing your GPA?

Last edited:
78 BIO
95 Chem
81 MAth
37 Reading
79 Verbal

composite 84
3.5 essay

ps for interviews they only look at PCAT and if you have required courses, not GPA is used

also did anyone choose March for interviews? I did so we can meet up to practice

Last edited:
I chose may interviews xD

as for my PCAT, i did it again and got:

87 Bio
92 Chem
95 Math
62 Reading Comp
78 Verbal
92 Composite

good luck to ya'll

reading killed my composite, but I won't redo it because I won't do better anyways, still gonna end up guessing :)

Lol don't sweat too much about the PCAT.

Interviews are worth more. :naughty:

as long as you have over mid 70 for PCAT, its not important

interviews and GPAs are determining factors

I don't see anyone telling you guys this yet. But here is some good news!

"I am pleased to inform you that the University of Toronto application for approval of the entry-to-practice Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program received approval by the government of Ontario on January 23, 2013. Students graduating in 2015 will be the first cohort under this new undergraduate PharmD program. The decision to seek government approval of a program change from a BScPharm to an entry-to-practice PharmD was made in 2009 and followed extensive consultation with pharmacists, pharmacy organizations, students and other healthcare disciplines."

^quoting Henry Mann

Gluck on your applications!

exciting stuff!! We are really a quiet bunch ><

yeah.... its kinda unsettling...

There wasn't even a Waterloo thread, I just made it now.

It's weird considering how active last year's applicants were.

Anyone here applying for both?

considering this year's low activity rate of applicants

Im curious how many of us applied ?

idk if this will help but i believe u can look at the last 2-3 numbers of ur applicant id number to see which applicant u are eg. if ur id is 20131030 then u are the 30th applicant
so ppl here can post wat number they are

got 398 as last three digits
applied on Dec 3

so 398th?

Last edited:
Anyone know how many people UofT typically interviews? I hope I get my first choice for interview date!

If you meet the cut offs for PCAT and GPA, you automatically get an interview. So the number of interviews they give depends on the number of people that meet the cutoffs.

They invite around 500 people
of those 220 that are admitted to class, 30 Decline
so they send out close to 250 Admittance letters initially

Anyone apply at the beginning of January who is willing to share what applicant number they were? I am very curious to know how many applicants there are with so little discussion.

I applied in Sept and was the 8th...

Pharm1616

whats your student number?

Last edited:
azazello2012,

I don't have a student number yet! I was applicant number 8 if that's what you mean.

so your application # is 20131008?

Just wanna make sure our theory that application # shows order of registration

yes, that's it. It seems to make sense that it shows the number of applicants. I applied very early and got a really low number.

We find out about interviews in less than a month!

interview invitations aren't big deal, unless you have issues with application, interviews are scary, but on the other hand interviews become enjoyable after 5 station ;)

Anyone have any idea as to what the cutoff will be for the essay this year, seeing as the score was combined into one which is out of 6.