University of Toronto Pharmacy c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
PCAT:93 composite
GPA: 81ish.

Wow, now I am scared... I have basically the same score as you and I honestly dont feel confident for the MMI..

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't remember if this has been asked already, but does anyone know the acceptance rate after the interview stage? For example I know for Waterloo they have say 120 spots and they interview 240, so 50% are accepted.

Hey everybody,
For those that have the interview in May, how are you prepping for those? Or for those that already did the interview, how did you prep for it?

Can't remember if this has been asked already, but does anyone know the acceptance rate after the interview stage? For example I know for Waterloo they have say 120 spots and they interview 240, so 50% are accepted.

Last year, I remember it being mentioned that it's around a 50% acceptance rate after the interviews as well

Hey guys, I was wondering if T19s or T20s were still going to do a session about MMI and their experience on it just like I heard them doing last year. And if anyone wants to practice for the MMI let me know I'll be in Toronto until the interview starts.

Hey guys, I was wondering if T19s or T20s were still going to do a session about MMI and their experience on it just like I heard them doing last year. And if anyone wants to practice for the MMI let me know I'll be in Toronto until the interview starts.

When is your interview? I'd like to practice with you if our schedules work! My interview is on the 6th :)

When is your interview? I'd like to practice with you if our schedules work! My interview is on the 6th :)
My interview is also on the 6th. Maybe we can all practice together!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I live 5 mins away from campus hahah
ohhh i see. I'd be coming all the way from Vaughan, so it'd be nice if we could meet up in north york area. Otherwise, it would be a 2.5 hr commute (so 5 hours for a round trip). If not, maybe we can work something out online?!

I live near York University. So if anybody is interested we can practice MMI over there as well.

Did you guys wear suits to the interview? Like black suit and tie?
Also, does anyone know if they ask you personal questions like experiences or more problem solving questions?

Thanks!

Just got home from the 9 am cycle! I didn't believe people when they said it was actually kind of fun but overall it wasn't too bad at all. If yours is coming up just try to relax as much as possible because that's all you can really do. It took me 2-3 stations to start feeling more comfortable so don't think that, because the first one didn't go as well as you wanted or that you felt extremely nervous, you won't do well for the rest of it. Good luck to the rest of you!

Hi! I was wondering if you got debate stations, this seems different from previous years. Also, are there no more traditional questions?

Mine is also on the 6th. Wednesday or Thursday from 11pm to 6pm is okay for me, although if you have another time in mind let me know and I'll see if it can work. If anyone else is interested just reply or PM me.

Mine is also on the 6th. Wednesday or Thursday from 11pm to 6pm is okay for me, although if you have another time in mind let me know and I'll see if it can work. If anyone else is interested just reply or PM me.
Where do you live and when exactly is your interview hahaha?

Hi guys, 1T9 here. I did a few small sessions with 2T0s last year to help them prep for their MMIs, so I'd be happy to extend the same offer to anyone who would be interested since Ill be downtown this week for work (fee free to PM if you have any questions about pharmacy, or the MMIs!)

Hi guys, 1T9 here. I did a few small sessions with 2T0s last year to help them prep for their MMIs, so I'd be happy to extend the same offer to anyone who would be interested since Ill be downtown this week for work (fee free to PM if you have any questions about pharmacy, or the MMIs!)

I inboxed you!

I am interested in meeting up and practising as well.

I am interested in meeting up as well!

Does anyone have any links or resources that provide "model answers" that the MMI interviewers are looking for? I found a bunch of sample questions but no answers to them.

Hi guys, so a few applicants have messaged me and the plan is to meet up at the U of T downtown campus this Thursday around 4:30pm to practice and go through any questions you may have! PM if you are interested and available to join us and I'll confirm the location!

Hi guys, so a few applicants have messaged me and the plan is to meet up at the U of T downtown campus this Thursday around 4:30pm to practice and go through any questions you may have! PM if you are interested and available to join us and I'll confirm the location!

Yes, that time is perfect I'll definitely be able to come. Will the location be in Leslie Dan?

Where do you live and when exactly is your interview hahaha?

Session D at 3:00 p.m on Saturday, I live in Brampton so it takes me 40 mins to reach there, however I am free Wednesday to Saturday so timing is not an issue. I specially reserved those day to study for MMI, might as well use them well Hahaha.

I am interested in meeting up as well!

Great just let me know of a time and place that is suitable for you, preferably somewhere in Uft.

Last edited:
I've been looking at practice questions lately and a lot of them are extremely long. It takes me almost a minute to read, so I hardly have time to come up with ideas after I've tried to figure out what I just read. For instance:

" A message that recently appeared on the Web warned readers of the dangers of aspartame (artificial sweetener – Nutrasweet, Equal) as a cause of an epidemic of multiple sclerosis (a progressive chronic disease of the nervous system and systemic lupus (a multisystem auto-immune disease). The biological explanation provided was that, at body temperature, aspartame releases wood alcohol (methanol), which turns into formic acid, which „is in the same class of drugs as cyanide and arsenic.‟ Formic acid, they argued, causes metabolic acidosis. Clinically, aspartame poisoning was argued to be a cause of joint pain. numbness, cramps, vertigo, headaches, depression, anxiety, slurred speech and blurred vision. The authors claimed that aspartame remains on the market because the food and drug industries have powerful lobbies in Congress. They quoted Dr. Russell Blaylock, who said. „The ingredients stimulate the neurons of the brain to death, causing brain damage of varying degrees.‟ Critique this message, in terms of the strength of the arguments presented and their logical consistency. Your critique might include an indication of the issues that you would like to delve into further before assessing the validity of these claims."

For people who've already done the interviews, are the questions prompts anywhere near this length?

(On top of being super long, this example is quite demanding and requires a lot of thought too...)

I've been looking at practice questions lately and a lot of them are extremely long. It takes me almost a minute to read, so I hardly have time to come up with ideas after I've tried to figure out what I just read. For instance:

" A message that recently appeared on the Web warned readers of the dangers of aspartame (artificial sweetener – Nutrasweet, Equal) as a cause of an epidemic of multiple sclerosis (a progressive chronic disease of the nervous system and systemic lupus (a multisystem auto-immune disease). The biological explanation provided was that, at body temperature, aspartame releases wood alcohol (methanol), which turns into formic acid, which „is in the same class of drugs as cyanide and arsenic.‟ Formic acid, they argued, causes metabolic acidosis. Clinically, aspartame poisoning was argued to be a cause of joint pain. numbness, cramps, vertigo, headaches, depression, anxiety, slurred speech and blurred vision. The authors claimed that aspartame remains on the market because the food and drug industries have powerful lobbies in Congress. They quoted Dr. Russell Blaylock, who said. „The ingredients stimulate the neurons of the brain to death, causing brain damage of varying degrees.‟ Critique this message, in terms of the strength of the arguments presented and their logical consistency. Your critique might include an indication of the issues that you would like to delve into further before assessing the validity of these claims."

For people who've already done the interviews, are the questions prompts anywhere near this length?

(On top of being super long, this example is quite demanding and requires a lot of thought too...)

Most of the questions I had were MUCH shorter (1-3 lines).

I am coming! So it is 4:30 tomorrow at Leslie Dan? By the way, I really appreciate the offer :)

I have a dumb question but how do you calculate cGPA percentage? Is it like 3.4/4x 100= 85%?

Anyone else super nervous for Saturday? Im freaking out!

I have a dumb question but how do you calculate cGPA percentage? Is it like 3.4/4x 100= 85%?

IF you receive letter grades only, here is how your cGPA is calculated. If you receive percentages, its just an average of all your grades.
A+ = 90

A = 85

A- = 81

B+ = 78

B = 75

B- = 71

C+ = 68

C = 65

C- = 61

D+ = 58

D = 55

D- = 51

E = 45

F = 40

So will a health card and student ID card suffice for the two pieces of ID we're supposed to bring to the mmi?

IF you receive letter grades only, here is how your cGPA is calculated. If you receive percentages, its just an average of all your grades.
A+ = 90

A = 85

A- = 81

B+ = 78

B = 75

B- = 71

C+ = 68

C = 65

C- = 61

D+ = 58

D = 55

D- = 51

E = 45

F = 40
Thank you! At my uni A is 80-89 so I have no idea what they will do for that ..

How'd you guys feel about hte interview? i dont think i did particularly well in any of them but i didnt feel bad either

Yeah Im not feeling very confident after today! But we will see in June :) Good luck to you all!

How'd you guys feel about hte interview? i dont think i did particularly well in any of them but i didnt feel bad either
ya samee

did you guys also do UW's interview last weekend?

Initially I was relieved that it was over, but now I keep thinking of better ways I should have answered the questions and it's making me nervous.

I feel like I did alright in most of them but there are a couple that I just didn't know what to say and just rambled on, even stuttered a bit:/

ya samee

did you guys also do UW's interview last weekend?

I did! I felt way more welcomed at U of T though, and the interviewees were much more friendly than UW