University of Toronto Pharmacy c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Btw I also ended early in quite a few stations lmao and felt I was being incoherent at some points.

This is off topic, but if you don't get into pharmacy this year, what's your plan?

work at a lab, then retry next year.

Members don't see this ad.

Btw I also ended early in quite a few stations lmao and felt I was being incoherent at some points.

This is off topic, but if you don't get into pharmacy this year, what's your plan?
If you are not graduating this year then work harder on your GPA.
If you are graduating then try to find a volunteer position at pharmacy.

I have a question for those of you who have done the interviews already. During the collaboration stations, should you be interacting with your collaboration partner in some way? i.e. should I greet them, introduce myself, and shake their hand? I don't think this was something that was addressed in the slideshow in the same way as how we are supposed to interact with our interviewers was.

Members don't see this ad :)
Question for anybody is is applying for a second time, is the admissions office helpful with suggesting what you should work on for next year?

I have a question for those of you who have done the interviews already. During the collaboration stations, should you be interacting with your collaboration partner in some way? i.e. should I greet them, introduce myself, and shake their hand? I don't think this was something that was addressed in the slideshow in the same way as how we are supposed to interact with our interviewers was.

naa, get on with the task

Question for anybody is is applying for a second time, is the admissions office helpful with suggesting what you should work on for next year?
LOL. They won't tell you exactly what you did bad but just tell you to work harder.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are not graduating this year then work harder on your GPA.
If you are graduating then try to find a volunteer position at pharmacy.
I'm graduating, and already working as a pharmacy assistant. I applied to nursing as well, I would be happy to accept that offer if this doesn't work out.

Nope, nothing at all. They just email you in Sept saying you've been rejected and say how many people got off the waitlist. Last year I believe they said out of the 40, only 5 got off.

I'm graduating, and already working as a pharmacy assistant. I applied to nursing as well, I would be happy to accept that offer if this doesn't work out.

Nope, nothing at all. They just email you in Sept saying you've been rejected and say how many people got off the waitlist. Last year I believe they said out of the 40, only 5 got off.
WOW same here. I'm graduating and applied to nursing too (Only bloomberg)!

LOL. They won't tell you exactly what you did bad but just tell you to work harder.

Makes sense, I figured that but I read somewhere that sometimes they would give subtle hints about your application.

2nd time applying. Felt like this interview went much better (a lot less nervous going in!) ... Hope everyone did well Saturday and Sunday! Good luck to those interviewing in May.

If only 5 get off, why would they bother making a lower half waitlist and upper half???

2nd time applying. Felt like this interview went much better (a lot less nervous going in!) ... Hope everyone did well Saturday and Sunday! Good luck to those interviewing in May.
2nd time as well but my interview is in May :(

Forreal? So some wont even find out until September if they will be in the program? How is it even possible to end your rental lease in the city you live in now and find a new place to live in TO?

Members don't see this ad :)
Forreal? So some wont even find out until September if they will be in the program? How is it even possible to end your rental lease in the city you live in now and find a new place to live in TO?

Only very few people will find out in September and they are those on the waitlist. Don't worry about that until the final results are out.

WOW same here. I'm graduating and applied to nursing too (Only bloomberg)!

I only applied to Humber, second-entry, and I have a friend who goes there now and loves the program!

Yeah it's for people on the wait list. I believe the year before that they sent an email out saying 22 out of 40 people got off the wait list (I had a friend on the wait list who told me in Sept). So clearly it changes from year to year!

Yeah it's for people on the wait list. I believe the year before that they sent an email out saying 22 out of 40 people got off the wait list (I had a friend on the wait list who told me in Sept). So clearly it changes from year to year!

Okay good to know.

Sidenote: I already cannot wait until June. It seems so far away.

Did anyone read Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) for the Mind? I'm wondering if I should pick it up from Indigo to help me prepare for the interview...or is there any other book that'd be better?

Did anyone read Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) for the Mind? I'm wondering if I should pick it up from Indigo to help me prepare for the interview...or is there any other book that'd be better?

I read it and found it quite helpful.

your maybe different than me but all my practice (reading books about mmi, going over mmi question posted online etc..) went all out the window. I think the best thing to do is get a friend, tell him to give u any topic and practice thinking on ur feet ( i know they give u 2 minutes there but only take like 30 seconds and answer the question because 2 minutes over there felt so short)

Thank you DrFunky and pharma928. I'll purchase it but you're definitely right that training yourself to think and communicate properly is the most important part. Good luck to us all :)

Hey guys! I hope the April interviews went well for everyone who did it :)
Just a heads up that I heard the upper years usually make a fb page for the incoming class. I think we will be invited/ can start joining as soon as acceptances go out!

Fingers crossed :D

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! I hope the April interviews went well for everyone who did it :)
Just a heads up that I heard the upper years usually make a fb page for the incoming class. I think we will be invited/ can start joining as soon as acceptances go out!

Fingers crossed :D

I don't know how to wait two more months!

To all who did you interview, how long were your answers typically? I'm having a hard time talking for 6 minutes straight. Would it be awkward if I finished at around the 2 or 3 minute mark? Getting real nervous...

To all who did you interview, how long were your answers typically? I'm having a hard time talking for 6 minutes straight. Would it be awkward if I finished at around the 2 or 3 minute mark? Getting real nervous...

At the end of each station, with the exception of collaboration stations, the interviewer will ask you a few follow-up questions if there is time remaining. Also, it is better to say all your ideas in an organized manner in 3 minutes and answer follow-up questions than to continue saying everything you can think of just to make up the 6 minutes. When I interviewed last year, I finished almost every station early and just sat there waiting for the signal to change stations. So don't worry about timing and best of luck!

*I would also suggest wearing a watch if you want to keep track of time, as there are no clocks/timers around

Does anyone know if after the interviews they raise the pcat cut offs AND the cGPA?

It varies every year but I know they didn't raise the cut offs last year.
Are you sure? So they just pick the people that did the best in the MMIs from this point on? I'm honestly so stressed about this! Just when you think you're marks are safe and then they start raising the numbers

Are you sure? So they just pick the people that did the best in the MMIs from this point on? I'm honestly so stressed about this! Just when you think you're marks are safe and then they start raising the numbers
Yes I am pretty sure but nobody knows how they are gonna access our applications. I just rmb last year someone had 90+ on PCAT and 3.7+ GPA but didnt get accepted.

Yes I am pretty sure but nobody knows how they are gonna access our applications. I just rmb last year someone had 90+ on PCAT and 3.7+ GPA but didnt get accepted.
Did they do very poorly in the interview? There's no way UofT would turn down such high marks unless the person completely bombed the MMI

There seems to be a lot of misconceptions on this page, I would highly suggest reading the uoft pharmD site.

Once the admission interviews have occurred and final grades have been submitted, a composite score (Index) will be calculated for each eligible applicant. The Index calculation will include the university average as well as interview performance and may include the PCAT composite score. The Faculty will use the Index score to initially rank candidates for selection. Generally, offers of admission are extended to those with the highest overall rankings once all criteria have been considered. Other considerations such as performance in science courses, failed or repeated courses, reduced course loads, and history of course withdrawals may also be used to determine candidate rankings.

Did they do very poorly in the interview? There's no way UofT would turn down such high marks unless the person completely bombed the MMI
Honestly nobody knows.
Do they tell you why then if you are not accepted?
They only told me which part (MMI/GPA/PCAT) I did bad. And then I asked if they raised the cut-offs cuz I got 22 on VR and I wanted to know if it was the reason. They said my PCAT was absolutely fine because they didnt raise any cut-offs.

Honestly nobody knows.

They only told me which part (MMI/GPA/PCAT) I did bad. And then I asked if they raised the cut-offs cuz I got 22 on VR and I wanted to know if it was the reason. They said my PCAT was absolutely fine because they didnt raise any cut-offs.
Hi bennyckp, so you were told that your MMI performance was the main reason you didn't get accepted?

Honestly nobody knows.

If you don't mind sharing what was your gpa and pcat? (from when didn't get accepted)