University of Toronto Pharmacy c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
this is so nerve-racking lol

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to all of you! So ready for 12 pm tomorrow so I can breathe a sigh of relief lol.

All the forms should be signed at the location tomorrow, and not beforehand, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Goodluck!!! Nervous for my 3pm.

Just got home from the 9 am cycle! I didn't believe people when they said it was actually kind of fun but overall it wasn't too bad at all. If yours is coming up just try to relax as much as possible because that's all you can really do. It took me 2-3 stations to start feeling more comfortable so don't think that, because the first one didn't go as well as you wanted or that you felt extremely nervous, you won't do well for the rest of it. Good luck to the rest of you!

Just got home from the 9 am cycle! I didn't believe people when they said it was actually kind of fun but overall it wasn't too bad at all. If yours is coming up just try to relax as much as possible because that's all you can really do. It took me 2-3 stations to start feeling more comfortable so don't think that, because the first one didn't go as well as you wanted or that you felt extremely nervous, you won't do well for the rest of it. Good luck to the rest of you!
any tips on how you prepared plz?
also for id is drivers license and student card good enough?

any tips on how you prepared plz?
also for id is drivers license and student card good enough?

Yeah those two pieces of ID should be good, just make sure they're valid/not expired! In terms of my preparation, I didn't do a whole lot tbh. I definitely found a bunch of practice MMI questions and went through some of those but I don't even think that did very much for me. The best thing I can suggest is to relax and look at it as an opportunity rather than a hurdle.

How long was each question/instruction? Was 2 minute reading time enough for you to read and think?

Yeah I definitely felt like the 2 minutes was enough time! I never felt rushed to finish reading the prompt.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Not sure if I'm allowed to ask this but since we were all freaking about the debate station a couple pages ago - was there a debate station?

Yeah those two pieces of ID should be good, just make sure they're valid/not expired! In terms of my preparation, I didn't do a whole lot tbh. I definitely found a bunch of practice MMI questions and went through some of those but I don't even think that did very much for me. The best thing I can suggest is to relax and look at it as an opportunity rather than a hurdle.
thanks alot!
also are we expected to introduce ourselves to the interviewer? how should we start when we walk in?
do we shake hands or not?
do u mind sharing the way you organized your answers? i feel like i want to jump right into my answer often.

one more question, is it true some interviewers will have like a poker-face

AAAhh one more, do you have the links for the MMI questions you practiced from?

To be honest we can't say much because we signed confidentiality agreements. But in terms of content and etiquette they'll tell you everything you need to know in the pre interview debrief. My number one advice would be to just try and relax as much as possible. It wasn't nearly as intimidating as I expected it to be.

To be honest we can't say much because we signed confidentiality agreements. But in terms of content and etiquette they'll tell you everything you need to know in the pre interview debrief. My number one advice would be to just try and relax as much as possible. It wasn't nearly as intimidating as I expected it to be.
awesome, thanks so much! do you have the links that'll be useful for me to practice from tho?

Yeah just as was mentioned above I can't say much about how the interviewers interacted with us or what's important to know for the actual scenarios/questions but as he said, HOW to conduct the interview is explained in the orientation very clearly so there won't be any confusion in that regard. And I'm pretty sure I found the link to the list of practice MMI questions either in this thread or the 2020 thread so you can find it there! Unfortunately I don't have it anymore because I just printed them all off and closed the tab.

Yeah just as was mentioned above I can't say much about how the interviewers interacted with us or what's important to know for the actual scenarios/questions but as he said, HOW to conduct the interview is explained in the orientation very clearly so there won't be any confusion in that regard. And I'm pretty sure I found the link to the list of practice MMI questions either in this thread or the 2020 thread so you can find it there! Unfortunately I don't have it anymore because I just printed them all off and closed the tab.

If you google search something along the lines of "UBC MMI questions" you should find the PDF.

Did you have your interview this morning at 9 am as well DrFunky? Or later in the day?

one more question, is it true some interviewers will have like a poker-face

As with all interviews, the interviewers do not tend to let their emotions or thoughts show. They really just want to get to know you as a person, so don't focus too much on their expression or lack of expression.

I'm sure it's somewhere on these threads but I've never found a definitive answer: I'm wondering how to convert my cGPA from the 12 point scale used at McMaster to the 4.0 scale at U of T. Do I convert each of my grades from the 12 scale to the corresponding average percentage for U of T then average those averaged percentage grades? I'm confused about exactly what they'll do lol.

Last edited:
had my interview today and it was as expected!

my advice is to keep in mind the criteria they look for. its on their ppt:
-ethical reasoning
-emotional intelligence
-resiliency
-critical thinking
-problem solving
-oral communication
-accountability
-conscientiousness

also, practice with a friend! use the pdf file that was posted in this forum. the interviewers were quiet nice although unresponsive+poker-faced.

I'm sure it's somewhere on these threads but I've never found a definitive answer: I'm wondering how to convert my cGPA from the 12 point scale used at McMaster to the 4.0 scale at U of T. Do I convert each of my grades from the 12 scale to the corresponding average percentage for U of T then average those averaged percentage grades? I'm confused about exactly what they'll do lol.

they convert GPA in %. So ur A+ =90; A= 85 etc.

do you mind sharing the pdf, i couldnt find it

edit: found it nvm

Last edited by a moderator:
did anyone else "BOMB" some stations? I am scared because I am afraid I may have bombed 2-3 stations.

did anyone else "BOMB" some stations? I am scared because I am afraid I may have bombed 2-3 stations.

Don't worry I felt like I bombed one and there were 2-3 others where I felt like I did not so great in but still ok.

is it okay to stutter once a in while? or were guys 100% fluent throughout. Under stress, I stuttered couple of times sadly :( Hope that doesn't have any impact

Anyone else felt like they couldnt come up with an answer so just said whatever? Tried to relate something...

Also is it bad to say "thats all i can think of"

Anyone else felt like they couldnt come up eith an answer so just said whatever? Tried to relate something...

well, your not alone, especially for some questions that were unexpected. I had come up with decent BS for some questions

Also is it bad to say "thats all i can think of"

There were a couple stations I ended early. At that point we sat in silence but I felt it best to keep it that way rather than make myself look stupid by spouting out random stuff to kill time.

Btw I also ended early in quite a few stations lmao and felt I was being incoherent at some points.

This is off topic, but if you don't get into pharmacy this year, what's your plan?