University of Toronto Pharmacy c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:) now comes the stress awaiting the interview

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
wow! i didn't know there was going to be a "debate" section in the interview... anyone have an input to this? are we given a side to argue for or we choose..?

wow! i didn't know there was going to be a "debate" section in the interview... anyone have an input to this? are we given a side to argue for or we choose..?

In my previous experience, you are not debating against someone else (another interviewee or interviewer).
but you are given a side (you don't get to choose) and you just talk about your argument alone for 7 minutes

edit: i also want to add that you are given the "harder" side to argue for. (at least in my year)
One side seems more logically and morally right but they make you argue for the other side.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get any debate question when I had my interview last year. Where did you get this info from?

In my previous experience, you are not debating against someone else (another interviewee or interviewer).
but you are given a side (you don't get to choose) and you just talk about your argument alone for 7 minutes

edit: i also want to add that you are given the "harder" side to argue for. (at least in my year)
One side seems more logically and morally right but they make you argue for the other side.

thank you for ur insight!
i think the format may have changed this year :(
"candidate a and b will face each other" in the debate and switch scenarios after...

For those that have done the U of T MMI, it says there are four categories:

"A. Discussion
B. Acting
C. Collaboration
D. Debate"

Does this mean there are no personal questions? Ie., "what are your weaknesses", "describe a time when you had to change your behaviour to benefit others" type of questions.

idk I kinda hope its debate method. Finally my bioethics class will come to some use

"A. Discussion
B. Acting
C. Collaboration
D. Debate"

Does this mean there are no personal questions? Ie., "what are your weaknesses", "describe a time when you had to change your behaviour to benefit others" type of questions.
Those type of questions are considered as traditional interview questions, not MMI.

"A. Discussion
B. Acting
C. Collaboration
D. Debate"

No personal questions will be asked.

Those type of questions are considered as traditional interview questions, not MMI.

Okay, I just wasn't sure. I went to a mock MMI session and that latter question was asked of me at one of the stations. They said it depends on the school, some may ask questions like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a little freaked out about the debating section??? I feel like your rating will really just depend on who you get paired up with.

In terms of ethical reasoning, for anyone who has done the interviews before, will they be using modern health / bioethics scenarios as a basis to test us on this? I know everyone says that you shouldn't be required to study up on knowledge for the MMI's, but I'm worried that they're going to throw some modern health crisis at us that I'm not really familiar with (or don't much more on than the average joe). Should I be reading up on ethical arguments on like marijuana legalization, euthanasia, etc., or are the ethical questions more general than that in that I could go in with 0 knowledge on the issue but still be able to formulate a reasonable opinion/argument?

thank you for ur insight!
i think the format may have changed this year :(
"candidate a and b will face each other" in the debate and switch scenarios after...

i THINK they had that exact same slide last year but it turned out we werent going against anyone.
but i might just be remembering wrong.. maybe we didnt have that slide.
or maybe you are right. we may be going against other interviewee this year

For people who applied in late December or early January, what are the last 3 digits of your applicant ID? I'm just curious how many people applied.

does anyone if they'll raise the PCAT minimum score after the interviews?

For people who applied in late December or early January, what are the last 3 digits of your applicant ID? I'm just curious how many people applied.
I applied in October... 327

anyone living in Toronto who want to practice, message up!

do you guys think they'll raise the writing requirement? I got a solid 3 so I'm worried.

do you guys think they'll raise the writing requirement? I got a solid 3 so I'm worried.

If they're stuck making decisions after interviews, they're liable to increase the score on any PCAT section to weed out candidates.

If they're stuck making decisions after interviews, they're liable to increase the score on any PCAT section to weed out candidates.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. But I figured that a section like writing would be less important than other sections that could potentially be raised (especially with the scale being so so small), but I don't know if it's just me. What do you think?

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. But I figured that a section like writing would be less important than other sections that could potentially be raised (especially with the scale being so so small), but I don't know if it's just me. What do you think?

If I had to guess it might be the CR that gets raised first since it's the lowest

Reactions: 1 user
i THINK they had that exact same slide last year but it turned out we werent going against anyone.
but i might just be remembering wrong.. maybe we didnt have that slide.
or maybe you are right. we may be going against other interviewee this year

Oh wow! I guess we should get prepared for the worst.
I'm just wondering, are you a re-applicant or are you in pharmacy already?

Hello everyone, 2T0 here :) I found this forum really helpful last year when I was applying, so feel free to ask me questions!
General tip for the interview: Practice formulating clear structured answers within the time frame and under stress. I think being able to communicate your ideas across is more important than what you actually say. Best of luck to all!

Hello everyone, 2T0 here :) I found this forum really helpful last year when I was applying, so feel free to ask me questions!
General tip for the interview: Practice formulating clear structured answers within the time frame and under stress. I think being able to communicate your ideas across is more important than what you actually say. Best of luck to all!

Hi there! May i ask what were your stats coming into pharm?

Hi does anyone have tips for the interview?

Thanks!!

Hi there! May i ask what were your stats coming into pharm?
Hi! There has been some changes with the PCAT since I took them, but here were my stats when applying
cGPA: 3.64/4.0
PCAT:
-Verbal ability 51
-Reading comprehension 72
-Quantitative ability 84
-Chemistry 99
-Biology 98
-Composite 96
-Writing 4
For the interview, I only felt confident in around 3-4 stations

Do we have to confirm our participation in the interview? Or do we not need to do anything after receiving our invitation?

Hey guys, I'm currently a first year student at UofT in the Life Sciences Program. I'm very intrigued in pharmacy as a career but my main concern is how good do you have to be at chemistry in order to succeed at pharmacy school? Also, can any fellow UofT students recommend a major that they did which required all the prerequisites for pharmacy school?

Hey guys, I'm currently a first year student at UofT in the Life Sciences Program. I'm very intrigued in pharmacy as a career but my main concern is how good do you have to be at chemistry in order to succeed at pharmacy school? Also, can any fellow UofT students recommend a major that they did which required all the prerequisites for pharmacy school?
I'm majoring in PSL and HMB. Then took CHM220 as an elective to fulfill the requirement.

I would recommend you to take the test again and aim for 85+ because I saw those ppl got in last year or even few years ago had at least 85+ composite. Hope this help.
I'm a second year student (1T9), and although I agree a 85+ score composite is desirable, a lot of the grades represented on sdn are the higher scores, personally I know many students with composite scores in the low 80s that still got in without being wait listed. Although they never disclose the weight of the MMI, it seems to be a determining factor between getting an offer or not. Honestly though, they should probably weigh the MMI less because academic performance is pretty important in my opinion.

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about applying to pharmacy this year.. I'm very nervous because of my cGPA, but more so my Pcat scores.
My pcat scores are:
Bio: 69
Rc: 38
QA: 72
CHEM:99
comp: 86
Writing: 4
I was really sad about my bio, qa and Rc scores, but I wasn't planning on retaking it because I was worried that I wouldn't even be able to score higher on them or thought that the next time I write, my writing and/chem could drop. I also thought my comp score was considered good (but not the greatest).
Now I see everyone posting their pcat scores, and they are amazing! However, it's making me lose confidence in myself.. I filled out my application but I don't even know if I will be accepted this year or even be able to get an interview.
I would like to rewrite the pcat, but I have a feeling I won't score better since I'd only have 1 week to study (my final exams end on the last possible day.. Dec 22 and I am back to school on jan 2).
I am hoping to boost my cGPA by the end of this year so it could possibly offset my bad pcat marks. After first year, I had 86 (but it seems that everyone with a 90+ pcat has this too, or higher).
How do my chances look with this? Do you think I can even get an interview?
For anyone who got accepted, did you meet anyone who got in with a meh pcat and ok cGPA?

Thank you in advance!
Will get interview for sure 100%, know people with lower pcat composites and lower cGPAs, people get offered interviews with low 80 cGPA and pcat composites.