University of Toronto Pharmacy c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,
I was just wondering if there is anyway we can track how much time we have left to speak, once we are in the interview room. Do the interviewers give 1 minute warnings or is there only one bell after the 7 minute mark where we are asked to leave.

There is no warning, when the bell rings after 7 minutes then you must leave. The interviewers have no idea what the time is. There is an official timer person outside the rooms who keep track.

Members don't see this ad.

MMI was funnnn. Also props to the greeters who hung out with us in the lobby, it was really nice of you guys to help us out :D

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
are there anyone here that applied to UBC's pharmacy school and got an interview??

What were your stats like? I got rejected from UBC but got an invite from waterloo, so i was wondering if my GPA may be not that competing.

80% prereq and 84% last 30 credits.

@KinqRi congrats!! did you also apply to Waterloo's?
what does waterloo look for anyways? I feel like although the minimum GPA for waterloo is higher, that's not exactly what they're looking for.

I feel like I've had much more qualified friends than me apply, and they didn't get an interview but I did, although GPA not extremely strong.

Hey guys,

Every pharmacy class has their own Facebook group. Here is yours!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1067352289954206/

We welcome all prospective 2T0s to join this group. For those that are not familiar with "2T0", it stands for the graduating pharmacy class of 2020, aka YOU!

We know decisions are not out yet (some are still preparing for the interview in May), but we wish to provide a platform to connect all of you guys. We know how nerve-wrecking the admission process can be.

Looking forward to seeing you guys in the group! Many 1T9s are ready to answer any questions you guys have...except for interview questions and decision results :)

Feel free to invite all prospective 2T0s to the group! If there are any similar groups that already exist, please let us know. This group will become the official 2T0 group.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
what does waterloo look for anyways? I feel like although the minimum GPA for waterloo is higher, that's not exactly what they're looking for.

I feel like I've had much more qualified friends than me apply, and they didn't get an interview but I did, although GPA not extremely strong.

Same here! I heard from upper years that as long as you have an average of over 75%, Waterloo doesn't select candidates in terms of marks... they look for being an overall well-rounded person and having a good AIF+LOR. don't know how true this is tho, or if it applies to those after the interview stage :/

does anyone know if at the interview we'll get paper/something to write our ideas on before we enter the room?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone accepted without taking a full course load?
I've been consistently taking 4.5 credits per year instead of the full 5.0 credits that are considered a full course load. on top of that my gpa isnt so hot (3.42- upward trend with all the low scores concentrated in 1st year) i'm applying with 3 years of undergrad completed
here are my PCAT stats:
VA: 94
Bio: 99
RC: 97
QA: 98
Chem: 98
comp: 99
writing: 4
I just want to know if there is anyone out there who got accepted with the same stats.. :/

I've been consistently taking 4.5 credits per year instead of the full 5.0 credits that are considered a full course load. on top of that my gpa isnt so hot (3.42- upward trend with all the low scores concentrated in 1st year) i'm applying with 3 years of undergrad completed
here are my PCAT stats:
I just want to know if there is anyone out there who got accepted with the same stats.. :/

Stats are competitive but I believe you need at least 1 year with a full course load. The program is very dense and they want to see you demonstrate that you are capable of handling a large course load, which is why they have it as a requirement. To give you a feel for their reasoning: first year students have 8 courses first semester and 6 courses second semester. A full course load at UofT is 5 courses per semester, so you can see how demanding it can be.

here are my PCAT stats:

Hey, I did 2 years of ugrad before being accepted into UofT, and in my first year I did 4 credits and then finally 5 credits (a full course load) in second year. I actually gave
The school a call and ecplained to them why so that they could put it in my admissions profile and it didn't seem to be a problem. Like the other reply,
I would say you at least need 1 year of a full course load because first year first term you're taking 8 courses (if you don't get any exemptions) and afterwards you're taking 6 courses each term (but each is pretty dense). Hope this helps!!

Hey, I did 2 years of ugrad before being accepted into UofT, and in my first year I did 4 credits and then finally 5 credits (a full course load) in second year. I actually gave
The school a call and ecplained to them why so that they could put it in my admissions profile and it didn't seem to be a problem. Like the other reply,
I would say you at least need 1 year of a full course load because first year first term you're taking 8 courses (if you don't get any exemptions) and afterwards you're taking 6 courses each term (but each is pretty dense). Hope this helps!!
wow this did help a lot! but ive taken 4.5 credits for my 3 years of undergrad so far so im shocked they gave me an interview..

I actually gave
The school a call and ecplained to them why so that they could put it in my admissions profile and it didn't seem to be a problem.
I am a little confused here. you were able to give them a call to add details to your application? What did they say to you when you explained your situation?

If I took a full course load for 3 out of my 4 undergrad years but usually got at least one bad grade (either a C or C+) does it still look better than if I got all A's and took a reduced load? I definitely have an upward trend but I've still gotten at least one C every year (but thankfully only one C in my final undergrad year).

Yes, likewise, although I suppose I am the inverse of you, as Waterloo rejected me for an interview.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear :( but I heard UBC favours in-province students though, so that must mean your marks are very competitive!! :)

We need to submit our final marks by the end of May right? Do we also need to mail another transcript?
Kind of worried because my prof has yet to submit my deferred final exam mark to the faculty, so there's a D on my transcript right now. Expecting this to increase to A or A+ once the exam mark is added, but worried with the end of the month fast approaching.

We need to submit our final marks by the end of May right? Do we also need to mail another transcript?
Kind of worried because my prof has yet to submit my deferred final exam mark to the faculty, so there's a D on my transcript right now. Expecting this to increase to A or A+ once the exam mark is added, but worried with the end of the month fast approaching.

You should ask your prof to expedite the process! Just explain your situation to them and they'll be likely to help you out.

65459287.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Don't sweat it guys, if you made it to the interview stage then it's a 1:2 chance you'll get in, and probably higher than that because waterloo shares the same applicant pool. So pretty good odds.

Anyone get a memorial interview (newfoundland)? Mine is on the May 28th

Last edited:
Does anyone know the approximate volume of applicants in the final selection? :lame:

Last edited:
Any idea how they convert letter grades to percentage? Trying to find a conversion chart, but only found one for UofT scarborough that's not very specific (would an A+ be 90% or 100%?)

Any idea how they convert letter grades to percentage? Trying to find a conversion chart, but only found one for UofT scarborough that's not very specific (would an A+ be 90% or 100%?)

Not sure if this is exactly how you would do it but I personally use the OLSAS GPA Calculator app (downloaded on my phone and entered grades manually).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_LawStudentTools.OLSAS&hl=en

Even though it was created for law students, I think the conversions are still the same regardless. If anyone knows if this is accurate (or know a better way to convert letter grades) then I would love to know as well.

I was wondering if you guys/gals have any back-up plan in case u of t doesn't work out and you
1) have only applied to / been interviewed at u of t
2) are graduating or have already graduated

Yes, I already graduated with undergrad degree and u of t is my only option atm. Have no idea what I would do if I don't get in... pretty frustrating :S

Last edited:
do you guys think the fact that i dont have a full course load in any of my three undergrad years will basically take me out of the game? I have 4.5 each year. if they gave me an interview it should mean that there is a chance of getting in without a full course load right? or is it a big handicap? i'm just curious if anyone as an idea of the degree of the severity of not having a full course load/knows anyone who got in without.

I basically have the same problem as you, with only 4.5 credits each year. I've been stalking the threads from past years and basically I've come across two posts from people in situations like us who have gotten in (one person graduated and one was in second year). So I wouldn't lose all hope. I believe we will be at a disadvantage, but it doesn't mean an outright no. I think it puts us at the same level as those who had to repeat courses or failed them as well, and U of T has accepted many with failed courses in the past. Also I believe in the past full course loads used to be a 100% requirement, and even still people got in. Hope this helps.

I basically have the same problem as you, with only 4.5 credits each year. I've been stalking the threads from past years and basically I've come across two posts from people in situations like us who have gotten in (one person graduated and one was in second year). So I wouldn't lose all hope. I believe we will be at a disadvantage, but it doesn't mean an outright no. I think it puts us at the same level as those who had to repeat courses or failed them as well, and U of T has accepted many with failed courses in the past. Also I believe in the past full course loads used to be a 100% requirement, and even still people got in. Hope this helps.

hey, thanks for the reply! glad to know im not the only one on this boat. are you graduated? i finished 3 years of undergrad so far. I really regret not just taking 5 credits first year but 3 semesters out of 6 i just chickened out and took 4 courses instead of 5 because one course i was taking (like chm220 of bch210) was notoriously hard. But i'm definitely taking 5 credits for my last year of undergrad if i dont get in :( good luck to you!

hey, thanks for the reply! glad to know im not the only one on this boat. are you graduated? i finished 3 years of undergrad so far. I really regret not just taking 5 credits first year but 3 semesters out of 6 i just chickened out and took 4 courses instead of 5 because one course i was taking (like chm220 of bch210) was notoriously hard. But i'm definitely taking 5 credits for my last year of undergrad if i dont get in :( good luck to you!
No prob! I'm currently in second year. The way my school worked out in first year, I thought I was taking a full course load (because of a separate lab course and seminar thing) but turns out U of T won't even count them! And then this year I had to drop a course for issues I won't go into. But yeah it's been a stressful process for me! If I don't get in this year I will also for sure take 5 courses next year lol

@SmiLLEDAY they raise the average and PCAT requirements in the final selection, you are right about that

Hi guys, I'm a 1T8. Feel free to message me personally if you have any questions about the program or Toronto itself! I helped a few 1T9s out last year, so I'd like to think I have a bit of experience with this. xD

Okay so... Is this acceptance going to be released around Waterloo's date (June 9th) like last year? :yawn:

A lot of people told me it wil come out 10/11th, b/c they want to make it as close to Waterloo's date as possible. Last year it came out exactly one week earlier.

So we will receive an email once they have posted the decision, correct? (Asking so I don't have to keep refreshing the page every minute next Friday)

So we will receive an email once they have posted the decision, correct? (Asking so I don't have to keep refreshing the page every minute next Friday)
Yeah, they send out an applicant wide email informing you that the decisions are posted on Pharmsis. Indeed, last year they did post decisions one week prior to their tentative dates.

interview decisions were out on the website before they emailed us ... lol so ill probably keep checking

Does anyone know how much of a factor this past semesters grades are? I did really poorly in one of the pre-reqs however I still have a 90th percentile PCAT and an (almost) 80% GPA. Do they weigh these grades really heavily and if so do you think that would remove me from contention?

Does anyone know how much of a factor this past semesters grades are? I did really poorly in one of the pre-reqs however I still have a 90th percentile PCAT and an (almost) 80% GPA. Do they weigh these grades really heavily and if so do you think that would remove me from contention?
Assuming you're in second year, yeah one bad course might bring your gpa down a little bit (compared to a fourth year student who has taken 40 courses by then -- 1 course will have less of an impact on their overall gpa). That being said, if you look through previous years' forums, many people have gotten C's or D's in a prereq, but were still accepted so I don't think they'll count you out for that.