University of Toronto Pharmacy c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who did not get an interview, do you mind sharing what you think lead to this? I did not get an invitation and believe it was pcat. I got a 22 on reading and all the other ones were WAY above the cut off? Anyone else on the same boat as me?

Members don't see this ad.

For those who did not get an interview, do you mind sharing what you think lead to this? I did not get an invitation and believe it was pcat. I got a 22 on reading and all the other ones were WAY above the cut off? Anyone else on the same boat as me?
yeah the reading cut off was like 25 this year i think.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone want to meet up for interview practice?

Reactions: 1 user

the cutoff is definitely 20 for the english-y sections! Can you possibly email Heidi as to why you did not get an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)

Could it just be your GPA or something?

Hello everyone!

I got an interview invitation and would like to get lots of practice in. Would anyone be willing to practice with me :)? I live in Mississauga and go to the Mississauga campus; however, I have no problem joining any of you in Toronto or GTA and could arrange everything if you'd like. Text me at 416-709-6993 or PM me :thumbup:

I heard that some of the questions are on current events and I hate watching the news. I'm like completely clueless about what is going on in the world so any advice on how to prepare/ catch up on everything in a way that I understand what I'm talking about not just restating what I heard on the news...

I heard that some of the questions are on current events and I hate watching the news. I'm like completely clueless about what is going on in the world so any advice on how to prepare/ catch up on everything in a way that I understand what I'm talking about not just restating what I heard on the news...

reddit

Hey guys! I'm down to practice with anyone who:

1. Done their prep work: read all the right books, watched all the right videos, read about their ethics, know about the do/do nots
2. Have already practiced at least 10 questions with their own friends and want to try someone new

Its just b/c my interview is soon and I wouldn't really have too much time to explain every nook & cranny from the start, and would like to practice someone with someone who has the same level of preparation and experience as I!

Please INBOX me (or reply to me on this thread) if the above describes you - hopefully we can share some new insights with each other!

could you share the books you read or the videos you watched to prepare for your MMI?

Does anybody know about BeMo MMI prep program? Is it useful or worth it?

Does anybody know about BeMo MMI prep program? Is it useful or worth it?
I haven't personally but two of my friends have and that's how I heard about them and I found they got a lot of useful blogs about mmi prep on their site and I posted one of them in this thread above with a compilation of retired MMI questions. I'm going to ask my friends to see how they liked their MMI prep with them and I'll get back to you.

I haven't personally but two of my friends have and that's how I heard about them and I found they got a lot of useful blogs about mmi prep on their site and I posted one of them in this thread above with a compilation of retired MMI questions. I'm going to ask my friends to see how they liked their MMI prep with them and I'll get back to you.
Thank you very much

Hey man, I see that you have been giving a lot of advice to people applying and helping them out with interviews. So, I wanted to ask if you have any advice for first years ? What things should I focus on now, that will help me say in the PCAT or the MMI in the future?

Hey man, I see that you have been giving a lot of advice to people applying and helping them out with interviews. So, I wanted to ask if you have any advice for first years ? What things should I focus on now, that will help me say in the PCAT or the MMI in the future?

Hey I know you're waiting for a much more experienced person to answer, and I'm sure he will when he gets to you haha, but since i'm procrastinating studying for my midterm I thought I'd share my thoughts

For a first year, these are the things I would focus on right now

1. Try to get Pharmacy volunteer experience this summer (relative who's a pharmacist, UHN has a lot of pharmacies), just so you can get an idea of whether you like it or not, know what the roles of a pharmacist are and what kind of skills you need to be one in the future, and having experience opens up your options to beyond just UofT
2. Get Dr.Collins for PCAT --> it's impossible to score significantly lower than 90% with Dr.Collins
3. Take PCAT this summer, so that if you got a bad mark, you can retake it the following november or even January
4. For the MMI's I think its too early at this point to think about them. But you can start by reading the code of ethics for doctors / health care practitioners
5. Select your majors right now, but don't focus on taking courses to fulfill your major requirements, just take the prerequisites you need for UofT Pharmacy if that's what you really want to do
6. Don't drop courses, take a full course load - unless you have a substantially bad mark in any one subject, try to keep the full course load

Hey I know you're waiting for a much more experienced person to answer, and I'm sure he will when he gets to you haha, but since i'm procrastinating studying for my midterm I thought I'd share my thoughts

For a first year, these are the things I would focus on right now

1. Try to get Pharmacy volunteer experience this summer (relative who's a pharmacist, UHN has a lot of pharmacies), just so you can get an idea of whether you like it or not, know what the roles of a pharmacist are and what kind of skills you need to be one in the future, and having experience opens up your options to beyond just UofT
2. Get Dr.Collins for PCAT --> it's impossible to score significantly lower than 90% with Dr.Collins
3. Take PCAT this summer, so that if you got a bad mark, you can retake it the following november or even January
4. For the MMI's I think its too early at this point to think about them. But you can start by reading the code of ethics for doctors / health care practitioners
5. Select your majors right now, but don't focus on taking courses to fulfill your major requirements, just take the prerequisites you need for UofT Pharmacy if that's what you really want to do
6. Don't drop courses, take a full course load - unless you have a substantially bad mark in any one subject, try to keep the full course load

Hey, thanks a lot for your help ! I think I am on the right track then, I am volunteering in a pharmacy this summer. Also, I am doing my PCAT this summer( I'm taking it to test the waters and see how it goes). For the MMI, I just like to keep updated on current events by reading newspapers and following developing stories around my community. I did have a full course load for this first year, but I didn't do excellent, I did okay. Thanks any ways, I'll keep this in mind !

Thank you very much
Hi! sorry for the delay. I got a hold of one of my friends and she says "so far so good" she seemed to be satisfied and she enjoyed their feedback and she said she's in a program that allows her to do multiple mock MMI sessions so she will let me know how it goes. I hope this helps. MMI seems so intimidating. Good luck to you!

Hi! sorry for the delay. I got a hold of one of my friends and she says "so far so good" she seemed to be satisfied and she enjoyed their feedback and she said she's in a program that allows her to do multiple mock MMI sessions so she will let me know how it goes. I hope this helps. MMI seems so intimidating. Good luck to you!

what's the cost like for that program?

Just a quick question about the interview. On pharmsis it says to dress professionally so that means wearing a suit right?

Hi all,

I'm Jen :) (1T7 and interviewer for MMIs) Since I'm bored of studying for exams, would be happy to answer any questions you youngins might have. To help you put a face to the name, my IG is @wangjenniferr (shameless plug) don't forget to say hello when you see me at the faculty.

Cheers!

P.S. will also be looking for a roommate this coming Sept :)

Hi all,

I'm Jen :) (1T7 and interviewer for MMIs) Since I'm bored of studying for exams, would be happy to answer any questions you youngins might have. To help you put a face to the name, my IG is @wangjenniferr (shameless plug) don't forget to say hello when you see me at the faculty.

Cheers!

Hey Jen!

What was the most difficult part of the MMI for you?

Hi all,

Cheers!

Do you know how much space they provide to store belongings at the MMI? I'll be checking out from my hotel before my interview in the afternoon so I'll have to cram all the stuff I'm bringing with me in my backpack and bring it along there and then head straight to the airport afterwards...

Do you know how much space they provide to store belongings at the MMI? I'll be checking out from my hotel before my interview in the afternoon so I'll have to cram all the stuff I'm bringing with me in my backpack and bring it along there and then head straight to the airport afterwards...
I was actually from out of town myself so I understand your pains! I brought a carry on sized suitcase with me with MMIs but I'm sure we can make accommodations for you if you have a bigger luggage :) hope to see ya soon!

Hey Jen!

What was the most difficult part of the MMI for you?

The hardest part when I participated (which was years ago) is the few minutes right before haha, I was so nervous! Just keep your cool and be yourself, it's not meant to be tricky. We just want to get to know you!

I was actually from out of town myself so I understand your pains! I brought a carry on sized suitcase with me with MMIs but I'm sure we can make accommodations for you if you have a bigger luggage :) hope to see ya soon!

Ooh okay cool. And it's stored in a secure area yeah?

Hey! If you're comfortable with it, you could ask the hotel staff if you can leave your luggage behind the desk until you get back in the afternoon. I did that for another one of my interviews =]

The hardest part when I participated (which was years ago) is the few minutes right before haha, I was so nervous! Just keep your cool and be yourself, it's not meant to be tricky. We just want to get to know you!

I am having a little trouble preparing for the interview... do you have any suggestions in order to be better prepared for the big day?
What sort of questions should I have answers for?

I am having a little trouble preparing for the interview... do you have any suggestions in order to be better prepared for the big day?
What sort of questions should I have answers for?
The interview isn't meant to be studied for; we want to gauge how you think, how you work in a team and how you react to potential problems in practice. I would suggest against "studying" drugs or current events like others have mentioned previously but focus on thinking through problems and formulating a clear, concise answer.

Hey guys! I was wondering, with the addition of a few extra requirements this cooming here, such as anatomy and english, if the average for pharm entry would be expected to go lower lol. Also was wondering if 3.3 gpa is honestly competitive or not. Lastly a few of my friends seem to be waiting till their last year to pply...why is that(other then for rotman advantage)

I'm also interviewing on the 2nd! Will there be time before the interview to meet fellow candidates and relief some stress?
I believe there will be a 25 minute orientation session just to go over the interview session. I think they're just going to go over the PowerPoint available to us on pharmsis and answer any questions before starting. My interview is at 11 am on April 2nd so hopefully I'll see u there :)

I'm also interviewing on the 2nd! Will there be time before the interview to meet fellow candidates and relief some stress?
Basically you guys will come in and hang around in the lobby for 30-45 minutes and chat with each other as well as students in the faculty that volunteer (like me on Sunday). After that, you will be called downstairs to get a credentials badge and head in to the auditorium where there will be a short presentation. After that, interviews start !

Hi,
I was just wondering if there is anyway we can track how much time we have left to speak, once we are in the interview room. Do the interviewers give 1 minute warnings or is there only one bell after the 7 minute mark where we are asked to leave.

Ah mine is tomorrow!
Just to make sure, we only need to bring:

1. interview notice
2. 2 pieces of ID ? Is passport & Canadian citizenship card alright?