University of the Incarnate Word (UIWSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
what day is the end?
I called and they said they have a hefty waitlist, and very little movement. They said they were not expecting much more movement. The waitlist closes July 26th, but they have orientation starting the 24th. Maybe we will get accepted to a cheaper school this next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Hello everyone!

I've been accepted to the UIWSOM MBS program.. the classes for the MBS students will also be at the UIWSOM campus in Brooks City Base.

Is anyone looking for a roommate/roommates?? I'm looking for a 2 BR/ 2 bath or 3 BR/2 bath.

I'm a female, non-smoker, no pets, no dietary restrictions, very clean.. I'm looking for a female roommate(s) with similar qualifications (I'm allergic to cats but will be open to small dogs). :)

Orientation for the MBS students start on 8/15 so I'll probably move in on 8/12, which is later than the med school start date. Classes end around the end of June 2018!

Please message me if you're interested!

Is there a new forum for the 2017-2018 cycle for UIW?

Reactions: 2 users
I need help triaging between an interview here and ACOM. Anyone have advice on this?

Do any current students have any recommendations or what to expect of interview day here? Would appreciare it so much!

where the new thread?? lol where is everyone

Reactions: 1 user
is anyone interviewing any Time soon?

is anyone interviewing any Time soon?
I got an invite to interview, available dates were 10/20, 10/21 and 11/18. I confirmed late and am stuck with 11/18. I have an interview at UTMB coming up in October 20

I got an invite to interview, available dates were 10/20, 10/21 and 11/18. I confirmed late and am stuck with 11/18. I have an interview at UTMB coming up in October 20
STATS? damn utmb?

STATS? damn utmb?
3.65 GPA and 505 MCAT. I had increased my MCAT by 10 pts from a 495 this last time. I also have a lot of personal experience with close family undergoing cancer treatment. I discussed that quite a bit in my essays. I was surprised too with UTMB, my stats aren't close to the median. I was enrolled in the master of Medical Sciences program at UNT but had to withdraw this summer due to family health. This is my first year of interviews. Since I increased my MCAT, I got 5 interview invites.

Interviewed on 09/23
Received news 2 weeks ago that I was waitlisted.
A little heartbroken, given that this is my first choice school, but staying positive and hopeful!!!
Anyone happen to know the stats on Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected?

Also... is there a new thread for 2017-2018?

Interviewed on 09/23
Received news 2 weeks ago that I was waitlisted.
A little heartbroken, given that this is my first choice school, but staying positive and hopeful!!!
Anyone happen to know the stats on Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected?

Also... is there a new thread for 2017-2018?

There is a new thread!! I just found it! I just typed in UIWSOM 2017-2018 into the search bar.