University of the Incarnate Word (UIWSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't heard anything yet and interviewed on 1/14. But I know someone who interviewed with me who got a waitlist email.

I don't think they only sent waitlist emails today, wouldn't there have been more people posting about their results? Perhaps, it was just the first batch they got to. I realize that not everyone uses SDN but I was chatting with the security guard the night before the interview and he told me that there were 150 people being interviewed just between 1/13 and 1/14. With only 6 people reporting being waitlisted that seems like too few to be all the waitlisted people.

There's no way they interviewed 150 ppl in 2 days. It's been around 42 applicants per interview day, so about 85-90 get interviewed per weekend.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone hear how long the waitlist is? I know they won't say your rank but there has to be a max amount of people they put on it right ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know whether UIW is still doing interviews or whether it's too late to apply? I've been accepted to WCU and still waiting to hear back from TCOM. OOS Non Tradtional. GPA:3.76 sGPA: 3.86 MCAT: 30. I have been working as a medical assistant at an urgent care clinic and ER for about two years now

Does anybody know whether UIW is still doing interviews or whether it's too late to apply? I've been accepted to WCU and still waiting to hear back from TCOM. OOS Non Tradtional. GPA:3.76 sGPA: 3.86 MCAT: 30. I have been working as a medical assistant at an urgent care clinic and ER for about two years now

Late and your chances are super slim.

Reactions: 1 user
We can safely assume that you have above average gpa and mcat for this school, so go ahead and apply! If you want to be in TX I think you still have a shot :)

Did you not check on TMDSAS for your match scores for TCOM? They were posted on February 1st if you got into any of the Texas schools (Other than UIW and Baylor)... You don't get an email from them right away, but you are free to personally look on your profile page to see if you matched.

Correction: I actually forgot that OOS doesn't have match day in Texas, and you can hear back anytime. But chances are that the OOS spots are all filled. You would need an OOS person to drop out at this point to get in.

If you do apply, make sure you have a great answer to why you want to be in South Texas. Their mission is specifically to serve the underserved population in that area.

waitlisted... this seems like a pretty long waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. I was waitlisted back in November. Seems like out of 40 per interview day the ratio is 10/25/5 accepted/waitlisted/rejected

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

I can't believe I'm actually typing these words, but... accepted.

Reactions: 6 users
interview invite withdrawn, matched to my choice school after all.. good luck to all still applying

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!!! yesterday :soexcited:
interviewed 1/13

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 1/13
Waitlisted. But I interviewed at LMU-DCOM 1/27 and got accepted there this morning!
The incarnate word waitlist e-mail says that you have to go on and formally accept the waitlist, which I'm not going to do -- so the list may not be as long as it seems. Best of luck to you guys who are still waiting! This school is brand new, but their presentation was excellent, and the only bad thing I have to say is that it's a bazillion degrees in the summer down there (but who cares if you're inside studying all the time anyway?!).

Reactions: 7 users
Newly accepted student here...
Does anyone know if this school includes an ipad or laptop in tuition??

Are waitlisted folks sending updates/letters of intent? Did those of you that got off of the waitlist do that? Sorry if this has been asked already.

Are waitlisted folks sending updates/letters of intent? Did those of you that got off of the waitlist do that? Sorry if this has been asked already.
The actually did a phone call application review on February 4th. I personally sent a letter of intent, but during the phone conversation with the admissions Dean she stated that there are a lot of people on the waitlist. It will move but I think they place a lot of applicants on the waitlist just in case with them being a new school and all

The actually did a phone call application review on February 4th. I personally sent a letter of intent, but during the phone conversation with the admissions Dean she stated that there are a lot of people on the waitlist. It will move but I think they place a lot of applicants on the waitlist just in case with them being a new school and all
They called you to review your application? That seems odd.

They called you to review your application? That seems odd.
Is was per my request. I was waitlisted back in November and wanted to see what I could do to possibly get off the waitlist.

i was wondering if anyone could provide any more additional information on rotation sites? from my understanding, san antonio, laredo, and abilene will all offer rotation sites. any idea on how many sites will be hospital/rounds based or preceptor-based? i recall the PP slide shown during interview day showing all clinic and hospital affiliations — can anyone remember any of these?

Hey guys, I was fortunate enough to be accepted to this school on 02/04, however, after having some time to think about it, I decided to accept an offer at a separate school, hoping that my acceptance will be offered to one of y'all! Best of luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, I was fortunate enough to be accepted to this school on 02/04, however, after having some time to think about it, I decided to accept an offer at a separate school, hoping that my acceptance will be offered to one of y'all! Best of luck!

Congrats to you! and good luck in your future endeavors. do you mind sharing your stats?

Congrats to you! and good luck in your future endeavors. do you mind sharing your stats?

Thanks! I applied with a LizzyM of 68.7. I wasn't entirely optimistic about my chances; I thought I bombed the MMI portion.. >.>

Let me know if I'm off base here but looks like last batch of acceptance emails went out 2/4, at this point I believe you have 14 days to accept the seat, so that would have been the 18th. Since that was a Saturday and today is a holiday, tomorrow would be the deadline. So I'm hoping once they find out for sure how many seats they still need to fill in the next day or two there should be another batch of acceptance emails going out after that... maybe tomorrow or Wednesday?

When I interviewed they didn't put much information on the rotation sites. Does anyone have it?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone interview 2/10 hear back yet? They said 3 weeks, but I'm curious

No I did not. I would not recommend sending any updates until they stop accepting new apps next month. Just my opinion though

Yes I agree and was waiting to do so for this very reason. Thanks for the feedback!

Three weeks today

*refreshes email every 5 minutes*

Not sure if I should call them, it's kind of time to be getting some sort of message

EDIT: I did, no answer :/

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users