University of St. Augustine- Summer 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I talked to Jeremy, who is the student success advisor for San Marcos, and he said that your username and password will be sent around mid-January, and you'll have 1 month-ish to do your tuition deposit. If you are accepting you should get the ball rolling however, get your fingerprints and background check and drug test scheduled and done. I've also set up my doctor appointment for the physical and scheduled the class for CPR/AED, First Aid (mine expires in 3 weeks :( ).

Medical Stuff isn't due until May 1st, so plenty of time to get that TB test up to date and what not. Really at this point just make sure you send in your enrollment agreement, essential functions, and the admissions... thing, which is in the enrollment agreement.

Again, this is San Marcos but I imagine the information is consistent across the board.
I would also make sure that your shots are all up to date (hep B specifically because it takes 6 months to get the series again if your titer comes back negative)

Members don't see this ad.

Do we submit the enrollment agreement electronically or via mail? Also has anybody yet created a Facebook group for San Marcos campus for people who have been admitted?

Do we submit the enrollment agreement electronically or via mail? Also has anybody yet created a Facebook group for San Marcos campus for people who have been admitted?
Email. The address is in your acceptance email. Just print, fill out, then scan the papers and add them as an attachment. Enrollment agreement and essential functions are to be sent in the same email but as separate documents.

Members don't see this ad :)

I don't think we made a facebook group yet. Let's make one to get to know each other and share info!

Posting about 2 weeks late but got accepted to San Marcos DPT Summer!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys - I'm applying for Summer 2018 and wanted to know if USA prefers that you've observed in multiple settings. Some schools explicitly state that you should have 2 or more but I can't find anything on USA's site that says that. Thanks in advance.

Happy holidays you guys. When do accepted students have to put down their deposit by? trying to gauge when we will see some movement on the waitlist.

Hey guys - I'm applying for Summer 2018 and wanted to know if USA prefers that you've observed in multiple settings. Some schools explicitly state that you should have 2 or more but I can't find anything on USA's site that says that. Thanks in advance.
When I've talked with the advisor about a year ago she said they weigh multiple settings more than having 2000 hours in few settings but there's been a change in advisor since then. If you have 1000 hours in 1 setting I'm sure that is still valuable.

Is the number at the top of the admissions email our USA ID#? Trying to fill out the enrollment agreement form

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the number at the top of the admissions email our USA ID#? Trying to fill out the enrollment agreement form

Is it the 6 digit number? I used that number to fill out my enrollment agreement form.

Is it the 6 digit number? I used that number to fill out my enrollment agreement form.
Yes it is. Ok that's what I thought it was but I wanted to check with someone else, thanks!

Hey everyone,
I want to get suggestions about the St. Augustine vs. the Miami campus. I recently have been accepted by the Saint Augustine campus for the Summer 2017 term. I contacted Emily at St. Augustine today to see how it would be to switch to the Miami campus. The sole reason I would change campuses is because my significant other has her family down there that we can live with and save money on rent for those 2.5 years. She stated in order to go that route I would need to decline my offer for St. Augustine's campus first and then I would be considered for Miami. I wouldn't have to interview for Miami's campus and she did state I am a very strong applicant and doesn't foresee me having trouble getting in. I will definitely take a tour of the Miami campus before I make that decision. I want to hear some suggestions as well as pros/cons on the Miami campus. So let me hear what you guys think. Thanks!

I got accepted and I only had 110 hours in a single orthopedic setting (I did pediatrics after I submitted the application but they don't get to see that). I had strong grades, a strong GRE, and a lot of relevant work experience in my current career that would tie in well with the patient communication level of physical therapy. I also busted my ass on my essay. So it seems that St Augustine is really holistic in their applications. There might be a spreadsheet of your scores that they place you in, but it does appear that they look at everyone individually. Unfortunately I only applied to USA so I can't give you a read on if I would have been competitive at other schools.

That being said, if you have the opportunity to observe in multiple locations, it certainly won't hurt you. If you only do one, I would recommend making sure you make up for it elsewhere in your application.

I had 204 hours split between three different clinical settings (inpatient rehab hospital, outpatient sports medicine, outpatient orthopedic) I definitely feel like this had some positive influence as I got accepted into both of my top schools of choice (USA being one of them) but like others have been saying, they look holistically at individuals so if you don't have a lot of diversity in your clinical hours then just make sure you make it up in other areas.

I had 204 hours split between three different clinical settings (inpatient rehab hospital, outpatient sports medicine, outpatient orthopedic) I definitely feel like this had some positive influence as I got accepted into both of my top schools of choice (USA being one of them) but like others have been saying, they look holistically at individuals so if you don't have a lot of diversity in your clinical hours then just make sure you make it up in other areas.

Thank you! I was looking at the application... How can they tell what types of clinical settings they are? Just by the names? I don't even see a place to enter that information so how would they know? Of course I'm going to do my best to get as many as I can but I'm just asking out of curiosity.

Just got accepted for DPT at the St. Augustine campus! Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for the summer class?

Just got accepted for DPT at the St. Augustine campus! Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for the summer class?

Same! If there is not can we make a group ?

Same! If there is not can we make a group ?
I'd be happy to make one. I'll plan on getting it up this weekend and I'll post the link once I do. Congrats on the acceptance! I can't wait to get started.

Texas campus: What were your stats and did you get accepted, denied, or wait listed?
Summer semester is still accepting applications for Texas so I am tempted to apply.
My stats:
Last 45: 3.3
Prereq: 3.5
GRE: 301 4.0

I just received a interview invite for Austin campus this Friday as well. Short notice but I feel extremely blessed. Good luck to us all!
Still not hear the results?
I am wondering if it is true and they still take into account GPA and GRE scores when handing out acceptances. Usually in colleges GPA and GRE scores are only used to give you the interview then the interview results and LORs are what get you the acceptance.

If it is true and you got denied it is probably because of your GRE score. 291 is like extremely low. It is so easy to get at least 295 and 1 month's studying would produce a 300+.

What questions did they ask during the interview? I'm hoping they just care that you know a good bit about the school and APTA and not so much that you were like a physical therapy assistant. Like I can talk about my view from looking at the profession from the outside in but not in the way someone would if they were an actual part of it (like a physical therapy assistant would be).

What questions did they ask during the interview? I'm hoping they just care that you know a good bit about the school and APTA and not so much that you were like a physical therapy assistant. Like I can talk about my view from looking at the profession from the outside in but not in the way someone would if they were an actual part of it (like a physical therapy assistant would be).
I can only speak for my own interview at the Austin campus, but they did not ask me at all about St. Augustine or APTA, instead they want to get to know you as a person, and how you would act in situations that might occur. A lot of behavioral questions and questions about how you handle things and stuff you have done in the past that shows them your strengths and likes.

Texas campus: What were your stats and did you get accepted, denied, or wait listed?
Summer semester is still accepting applications for Texas so I am tempted to apply.
My stats:
Last 45: 3.3
Prereq: 3.5
GRE: 301 4.0

I'm interested to see why they're still accepting applications this late. Any idea? Did not enough people apply or was the overall quality of applicants not up to their standard? USA-Austin is the only school I'll be applying to so I'm hoping this is a common thing and that it'll increase my chances of being accepted. o_O

I'm interested to see why they're still accepting applications this late. Any idea? Did not enough people apply or was the overall quality of applicants not up to their standard? USA-Austin is the only school I'll be applying to so I'm hoping this is a common thing and that it'll increase my chances of being accepted. o_O
Low quality. No such thing as not enough people applied lol. There are a bunch of people who miss a prereq as well.

It's also the only one I've applied to. I'm not a traditional student. I have over 190 semester credit hours and messed up in the beginning so USA which does last 45 boosts my gpa by a letter trade. I put my stuff in ptcas and it was laughable what my gpa was. Ptcas literally compounds my gpa in the worst way imaginable. Why should someone with multiple math based engineering classes have a gpa comparing him to someone with only statistics in their math gpa.

Has anyone heard from the FLEX DPT about interviews or results? Are there any spots left for flex? Thank you.

That's weird, someone told me they just asked him stuff like why pt and why usa. That's also what a staff member at the Florida campus told me they ask. Maybe austin is different? I'm applying to austin. I hate questions that are like name a situation in which.... And what did you do. Like I can't recall a specific situation on the spot like that. I applied to Austin. Do you remember any questions specifically?

Yeah they asked questions like that as well. But just be prepared for both. One question that I can remember was they asked me what I would do if I caught a fellow student cheating on a test by looking at the answers on the professor's desk before the test. So nothing too complicated just be honest.

Yeah they asked questions like that as well. But just be prepared for both. One question that I can remember was they asked me what I would do if I caught a fellow student cheating on a test by looking at the answers on the professor's desk before the test. So nothing too complicated just be honest.
Lol that's such a weird question. What was your answer to that? That really would've stumped me. Id probably say I would tell the professor exactly how I saw things verbatim.

Last edited:
Hi all! I'm posting here because my application was recently switched to the Austin campus for the May 2017 term. I originally applied to the St. Augustine campus for their fall, September 2017 term but received a phone call yesterday from Kim asking me if I wanted to switch my application over to the Austin campus. Just trying to get a feel for how many spots may still be available for the Austin campus. I was told interviews will be held in February in order to fill the remaining spots. Has anyone done anything similar or scheduled to interview in February for the summer cohort?

If there a facebook page for the Austin students summer 2017?

Lol that's such a weird question. What was your answer to that? That really would've stumped me. Id probably say I would tell the professor exactly how I saw things verbatim.

I basically said that I would confront the student and verbalize that they needed to tell the professor what they did. The interviewer asked what if the student didn't turn himself in. I then said I would tell the professor exactly what happened. I then went on to talk about the importance of academic honesty and how I wouldn't want someone to be my physical therapist if they cheated their way through school.

I basically said that I would confront the student and verbalize that they needed to tell the professor what they did. The interviewer asked what if the student didn't turn himself in. I then said I would tell the professor exactly what happened. I then went on to talk about the importance of academic honesty and how I wouldn't want someone to be my physical therapist if they cheated their way through school.
Yeah. I think they're just seeing that you'd do something. Really wondering what makes them put someone on the waitlist rather than straight accept them. I've seen a bunch of people on here come out super positive and excited about their interview only to find out they've been waitlisted lol.

Can someone remind me if USA's interview format is one-on-one or group? If group format, do they give everyone equal opportunities to speak and answer questions?

Can someone remind me if USA's interview format is one-on-one or group? If group format, do they give everyone equal opportunities to speak and answer questions?
It is groups of 2-4. My group had 3 and I can't speak for all of the interviewers, but the one I had asked a question and then went around the room and let us each answer the question.

I havent seen one yet

It is groups of 2-4. My group had 3 and I can't speak for all of the interviewers, but the one I had asked a question and then went around the room and let us each answer the question.

Did they not ask you guys questions about what you wrote on your essays? I wrote my essay so vaguely so that they could as me questions about it (an adviser told me to do this).

I interviewed last year at the St. Aug campus and it was myself and another candidate interviewed by a faculty member. He asked us different questions. There was no mention of our specific application details or essays.

Did they not ask you guys questions about what you wrote on your essays? I wrote my essay so vaguely so that they could as me questions about it (an adviser told me to do this).

I was not asked any questions about my essay

Has anyone received their login information for the myUSA portal yet? and their USA email address? I know they said mid-January that information would be out

Still not hear the results?
I am wondering if it is true and they still take into account GPA and GRE scores when handing out acceptances. Usually in colleges GPA and GRE scores are only used to give you the interview then the interview results and LORs are what get you the acceptance.

If it is true and you got denied it is probably because of your GRE score. 291 is like extremely low. It is so easy to get at least 295 and 1 month's studying would produce a 300+.
I was denied, I just never took the time to post it on here.

I was denied, I just never took the time to post it on here.

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. :( I remember messaging you a little while ago after you had interviewed again. Did they end up giving you more helpful feedback at all?

Has anyone received their login information for the myUSA portal yet? and their USA email address? I know they said mid-January that information would be out
I haven't recieved anything for the portal yet either so I was starting to worry because I thought I was the only one