University of St. Augustine - new Miami, FL campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riseboi

PT, DPT
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone interested, I just got off an informational webinar for the new Miami campus. The tentative start date is Fall 2015 and they are currently taking applications for core/adjunct faculty. A temporary campus will be set up for a couple years as they search for a permanent location.

I believe they are still completing some regulatory/certification issues before they can officially start taking applications. They asked us to inform any observers in our clinic of the new location, so I figured I'd share with you all.

The webinar was geared more towards filling faculty positions, so I don't really have too much information for possible students. But, if the school and/or location is of interest to you, I'd recommend contacting USA.

Members don't see this ad.

I was on the waitlist for the at augustine Florida campus by spoke with Adrianne jones today and she said they are "staging" the class for September for Miami and since there was no more room off the waitlist for the Florida campus in st augustine I can be offered a slot for Miami. But nothjng official will come out until they are accredited. Anyone else get the email about this and speak to Adrianne about this? I told her I would definitely accept and would love to go to the Miami campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was on the waitlist for the at augustine Florida campus by spoke with Adrianne jones today and she said they are "staging" the class for September for Miami and since there was no more room off the waitlist for the Florida campus in st augustine I can be offered a slot for Miami. But nothjng official will come out until they are accredited. Anyone else get the email about this and speak to Adrianne about this? I told her I would definitely accept and would love to go to the Miami campus.

I'm doing the same as you thats why i asked about the accreditation !

i think they are still not accredited... Or as if this week they are not but anticipate they will be before September

Did you speak with Adrianne jones recently about it?

Reactions: 1 user
No since a few weeks ago. I was sent an email to call her about having my application transferred from being active for the Florida campus to the new Miami campus. So I called her and she said they were still waiting for the accreditation to go through but seemed certain enough that it would soon that they are starting to stage the new Miami class to start in September.

Yes I talked to her as well a couple weeks ago and accepted it as well

I feel like they seemed certain the accreditation will go through since all other campus are accredited... I'm sure well know soon! But I'm anxious to hear and here more info

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad to hear I'm not alone in my anxiety!!! :) I'll write asap if I hear anything. I may call Friday just to check in.....

Did the USA Miami campus get accredited? I am in the process of applying there. Does anyone know if the class is full for the 5/5/2016 start date? Thanks for your help!

Did the USA Miami campus get accredited? I am in the process of applying there. Does anyone know if the class is full for the 5/5/2016 start date? Thanks for your help!
As of right now, the website still says that their accreditation is pending.

Has anyone heard about interviews for Fall 2016 yet?

Has anyone heard about interviews for Fall 2016 yet?

Not yet . I think they are waiting for their accreditation before they start any interviews . But on another post , I read that Miami candidates were being interviewed at the St. Augustine campus . I'm not sure if there is any truth to that though.

Not yet . I think they are waiting for their accreditation before they start any interviews . But on another post , I read that Miami candidates were being interviewed at the St. Augustine campus . I'm not sure if there is any truth to that though.
Yeah I saw that post too :/ I hope we hear from them soon!

Reactions: 1 users
finally received an email with an update with Miami campus admission.

finally received an email with an update with Miami campus admission.
I got an email as well with an update. Looks like they will hear back from CAPTE early june and they added two new prerequisite courses.

Is anyone going to the info session at the Miami campus on Wednesday?! I am!

Is anyone going to the info session at the Miami campus on Wednesday?! I am!
Wish I could, but I could not get out of work. I heard it is at the actual campus, which was something I wanted to see. I went to one of the first information session and it was at a hotel in doral. Let me know if they say anything about the accreditation.

How was the information session tonight any big news?

It was awesome!! Dr. Somarriba seems like a great professor and the site has a lot of space for the first cohort of 30 students. They found out literally at 5:30 last night that they are accredited by CAPTE so there will for sure be a cohort starting September 1!!

Reactions: 2 users
Wow 30 sound nice. Our class had around 80 or 90 PT/OT lol.

This is fantastic news!I hope to apply for the 2017 cycle and be accepted to a program for either the Spring or Fall starting in 2018. I'm narrowed it down and this is one of the schools that I am looking at for sure!

This is fantastic news!I hope to apply for the 2017 cycle and be accepted to a program for either the Spring or Fall starting in 2018. I'm narrowed it down and this is one of the schools that I am looking at for sure!

The Miami campus has been accredited and they are sending out interview invitations. Check your emails, I received my invitation this past Friday. And their beginning cohort will be September!

The Miami campus has been accredited and they are sending out interview invitations. Check your emails, I received my invitation this past Friday. And their beginning cohort will be September!
Congrats on the interview! Do you mind sharing your stats? And also did apply for this Fall? I am applying for spring 2017 and I'm deciding between the San Marcos campus and Miami.

Whats up guys,
Just wanted to hear everyones thoughts on applying to a brand new campus, with brand new professors, staff, etc. Any concerns about a disorganization or drop in quality as oppose to one of the other established campuses? I live in the area so it would be a huge pro if I could attend this campus but I admit I do have my concerns, as attending PT school is a HUGE investment I want to make the most of. Would love to hear your thoughts!

All the best,

:bang:This wait is killing me! Anyone else on the waitlist? o_O Does anyone know what happens to waitlisted students if they don't get in because after reading multiple treads, I haven't found a definite :cigar:

:bang:This wait is killing me! Anyone else on the waitlist? o_O Does anyone know what happens to waitlisted students if they don't get in because after reading multiple treads, I haven't found a definite :cigar:

waitlist for the spring term?

Hey guys, check you emails if you applied for the miami campus. Some acceptance emails were sent out!

Hi there, anyone else get an interview invitation for Sept. 13th, for Spring 2017?

Does anyone have suggestions on good private loan providers?

Hey congrats. Do you mind sharing your stats? thank you

pGPA: 3.4
cGPA: 3.6
GRE: 298
Hours: 400 Outpatient

I wish the GRE score was over 300... but I don't think I can stand taking that test again lol

Did anyone push their application from the St. Augustine location applicant pool for January 2017 to Miami for January 2017 and heard anything back yet regarding admissions decisions?

Did anyone push their application from the St. Augustine location applicant pool for January 2017 to Miami for January 2017 and heard anything back yet regarding admissions decisions?

Hey AlFal, I interviewed at Miami this past Tuesday and Diana said decisions will be sent quick as they are a little behind the other campuses. She said probably early next week. This cohort is also only going to be 40 students, I guess since it being a new campus they want to gradually build up, and then Summer 17' will be up to 50-55 like the other campuses. Who knows though maybe we'll here something today. Best of luck!!

Yea the miami decisions came out pretty quickly, when i interviewed our decisions were sent out 4 days after the interview

When I called on Monday, she said it would be this Friday or the following Monday. Hope we can get our answer by early next week.

Okay, nice. Thanks for the info everyone! Best of luck! Fingers crossed we'll all get to be escaping the winter together in Miami!!

Im from miami, so 90 degrees is the only winter i know :laugh:

I was waitlisted for the Fall Semester at Miami but I got my acceptance for January of 2017 in Miami! I was wondering if any of you guys were accepted for January so I can get contact infos and make a group. I'm from NY and I also want to look for housing down there preferably with people in the program as opposed to random people in a random apartment. If anyone has questions or are in for January please reply back to me!