University of St. Augustine Fall 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got wait listed for Austin.

Honestly mind blown. I blew that interview out of the water. I wonder how they do the wait lists since they say they don't weigh or rank them.

Is it possible that since you're cutting it close to the start, seats are pretty much full? But I guess then I'd be curious to know why they're still interviewing this late.

Members don't see this ad.

I got wait listed for Austin.

Honestly mind blown. I blew that interview out of the water. I wonder how they do the wait lists since they say they don't weigh or rank them.
I tried asking that question in an email conversation, and they basically ignored the question.

So who all is on the wait list? Also has anyone that was wait listed that you know of get a seat?
Someone told me they find most of the wait list people seats in August. That true?

Members don't see this ad :)
So who all is on the wait list? Also has anyone that was wait listed that you know of get a seat?
Someone told me they find most of the wait list people seats in August. That true?
Where are you waitlisted at?
I know a few people got a seat that were wait listed back in Jan cohort. Also I was told most movement on the wait list starts to happen mid july- August

Where are you waitlisted at?
I know a few people got a seat that were wait listed back in Jan cohort. Also I was told most movement on the wait list starts to happen mid july- August

Texas mate. I think once you get on the wait list it's almost fair game for any of the campuses (ALMOST). You have a nice GRE show btw. I only took it once, it was a fun test, wish I would've taken it again.

What I discovered is a bunch of the people that got accepted are PTA or PT Techs... Which I always thought didn't matter when it came to PT school. That's at least what every school has told me. There should be a cut off to how much observation hours matter in the decision making. I'm pretty sure there is one but maybe it's a higher cut off than I thought.

My application is pretty competitive and I have a 301 4.0 gre and 3.5 pre req gpa... 4 great LORs... Like 150 observation hours in multiple settings (which I thought was more than enough). Honestly no clue why I was in the very last group to interview and why I was waitlisted. I think you're correct (or at least I hope so) that all of the people on the wait list are going to get spots for the January start date. That's what someone said happened last year for the people who applied for fall. I'm thinking in their eyes I have at the tail end of competitive applications and I stack up extremely well to their average stats so we should all be better than the people applying for January.

Last edited:
Texas mate. I think once you get on the wait list it's almost fair game for any of the campuses (ALMOST). You have a nice GRE show btw. I only took it once, it was a fun test, wish I would've taken it again.

What I discovered is a bunch of the people that got accepted are PTA or PT Techs... Which I always thought didn't matter when it came to PT school. That's at least what every school has told me. There should be a cut off to how much observation hours matter in the decision making. I'm pretty sure there is one but maybe it's a higher cut off than I thought.

My application is pretty competitive and I have a 301 4.0 gre and 3.5 pre req gpa... 4 great LORs... Like 150 observation hours in multiple settings (which I thought was more than enough). Honestly no clue why I was in the very last group to interview and why I was waitlisted. I think you're correct (or at least I hope so) that all of the people on the wait list are going to get spots for the January start date. That's what someone said happened last year for the people who applied for fall. I'm thinking in their eyes I have at the tail end of competitive applications and I stack up extremely well to their average stats so we should all be better than the people applying for January.
I'm actual really interested in going to the Austin Campus.. kinda want a change!
If something happens I'll let you know!
Best of luck on the waitlist process..

Cheers Mate!

Hello all- I am applying for the full dpt program. Has anyone been accepted with 2 Cs in prerequisite gpa?

Here's my story: I applied last year and I got denied. Last year I applied with 3.05 USA gpa with 2 Cs in Chem. And a 292 Gre. I knew I was at a risk but I wanted to try anyway.

This time my GRE improved to a 302 by 10 points (big deal for me). I retook one of the Chems at UC Berkeley extension and I blew it- got a 78% C again. I am extremely upset at myself. This particular subject is difficult for me- I tried my best but I just couldn't get at least a B. I know it will look bad and now I am extremely discouraged. Please let me know if you guys this there's still some chance since I did at least improve the gre thank you

Hello all- I am applying for the full dpt program. Has anyone been accepted with 2 Cs in prerequisite gpa?

Here's my story: I applied last year and I got denied. Last year I applied with 3.05 USA gpa with 2 Cs in Chem. And a 292 Gre. I knew I was at a risk but I wanted to try anyway.

This time my GRE improved to a 302 by 10 points (big deal for me). I retook one of the Chems at UC Berkeley extension and I blew it- got a 78% C again. I am extremely upset at myself. This particular subject is difficult for me- I tried my best but I just couldn't get at least a B. I know it will look bad and now I am extremely discouraged. Please let me know if you guys this there's still some chance since I did at least improve the gre thank you

The short of it is if there's not much more you can do about your grades then you should try to exceed their recommended criteria in other areas, such as the GRE and observation settings/hours. I think your GRE improvement looks good and is now within their average range. How do you feel about the other parts of your application?

Reactions: 1 user
Would anyone mind elaborating on the expectations around USA's statement of purpose? Is this an opportunity to tell a good story or do they truly want it to be as straight to the point as possible? What length is appropriate (maybe some of you can share what you did)? Thanks in advance!

Would anyone mind elaborating on the expectations around USA's statement of purpose? Is this an opportunity to tell a good story or do they truly want it to be as straight to the point as possible? What length is appropriate (maybe some of you can share what you did)? Thanks in advance!
I basically answered why PT, why ST Aug, and my exps. etc. 900 words give or take