University of St. Augustine Fall 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else accepted at the Austin campus? I want to start an FB group but I remember the Student Services advisor was going to set that up.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the acceptance letter for st augustine full time!

Congrats on the acceptance!! What day did you interview?? And is this for the mot full time Florida campus??

Anyone else accepted at the Austin campus? I want to start an FB group but I remember the Student Services advisor was going to set that up.

I am in the Austin Fall cohort also and am anxious to see my classmates! I keep checking to see if the Facebook was started but I remember her saying she would start it after the May cohort begins class. But i don't want to wait another month haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the Austin Fall cohort also and am anxious to see my classmates! I keep checking to see if the Facebook was started but I remember her saying she would start it after the May cohort begins class. But i don't want to wait another month haha
I don't remember that part lol that's too long! We could make one for just the DPTs. Are we allowed? Haha

I just had an interview with the Miami campus of USA. Can you guys tell me what my chances of getting in are? I was interviewed along with two other applicants by one of the professors. I think I did okay in the interview.

I hope my stats help get me in. I have a 313 GRE with 4.5 for writing. My last 45 credit hours GPA is 4.0 and my prereq GPA is 4.0. I have over 300 PT observation hours including 100 inpatient. My undergraduate degree is in Business. Unfortunately I received some bad grades while trying to get an Engineering degree so that lowers my cumulative GPA to 3.15. Let me know what you think. I will find out in at least 2 weeks.
I dont know if you got feedback yet but I got my acceptance for Fall in Miami last week. My pre reqs are not better than yours.

Anyone else waitlisted at the San Marcos campus for the full time program?

I would like to start a FB group for everyone accepted to DPT full time at the St. Augustine, FL campus! Like this or message me if you would like to be part of it so that we can start looking for roommates! I feel like May is a long time to wait to start figuring things out haha

Reactions: 2 users
I don't remember that part lol that's too long! We could make one for just the DPTs. Are we allowed? Haha

Someone started a group today for the Fall Austin cohort! anyone looking for it, its under:
University of St. Augustine, Austin- Fall 2017 DPT Cohort

I would like to start a FB group for everyone accepted to DPT full time at the St. Augustine, FL campus! Like this or message me if you would like to be part of it so that we can start looking for roommates! I feel like May is a long time to wait to start figuring things out haha
I'll help you start a group! I tried the other day, but I needed one other person

Reactions: 1 user

Let me know when you start it!

I got an interview for San Marcos on April 14th! are they filling the last spots open? or just making their wait list bigger with these interviews? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview for San Marcos on April 14th! are they filling the last spots open? or just making their wait list bigger with these interviews? Just curious.
well im waitlisted already.. so I hope they aren't filling open spots..

Did anyone here get into Austin fall flex? Haven't seen anyone post about it yet!

Just curious for those that have health insurance through their current employers. What are you guys going to do about health insurance. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the school has their own insurance?

Just curious for those that have health insurance through their current employers. What are you guys going to do about health insurance. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the school has their own insurance?
I believe they do offer their own insurance because I remember them saying at the interview that if we don't have our own, then we have to get it through the school.

I believe they do offer their own insurance because I remember them saying at the interview that if we don't have our own, then we have to get it through the school.
which campus? I just emailed San Marcos and they said they don't provide health insurance

Hey, I got my acceptance letter emailed today for Fall 2017 Miami campus!
HI! I just got my letter for the Miami campus interview on may 5th for fall 2017! did you complete an interview or just receive an acceptance? if so how was the interview?
P.S. Congrats on your acceptance!

Hey guys!! I applied for the 2017 fall Austin cohort and I never got an email to interview. Few days ago I finally got an email asking if I wanted to move up my application to the 2017 summer cohort or if I wanted to be waitlisted for fall 2017. My question is, should I move it up?! Do you think I have a better chance of getting into the summer 2017 class?

I don't think this is the case with the San Marcos campus unfortunately. We were told during the exact opposite during the interview.

which campus? I just emailed San Marcos and they said they don't provide health insurance

Yeah that's what I remembered, did they provide any solutions or are we totally on our own?

Hey guys!! I applied for the 2017 fall Austin cohort and I never got an email to interview. Few days ago I finally got an email asking if I wanted to move up my application to the 2017 summer cohort or if I wanted to be waitlisted for fall 2017. My question is, should I move it up?! Do you think I have a better chance of getting into the summer 2017 class?

I think there's always a better chance for summer. Fall is the most competitive. Summer 2017 Austin Flex applicants are being offered a nice scholarship if accepted so it almost appears that they are desperate to fill spots over there.

I don't think this is the case with the San Marcos campus unfortunately. We were told during the exact opposite during the interview.

Yeah that's what I remembered, did they provide any solutions or are we totally on our own?
"No the university does not provide health insurance. Incoming students must use a provider of their choice."
all that was said. basically find your own

Received the same email! Did he ever respond back to you? I emailed him and said I would move my application to summer (even though that is in 3 weeks AH!) But I felt like if I wanted them to even look at my application and get a chance to interview I should move to Summer.

Anyone who interviewed at San Marcos March 10 and 24th, we're you all full time DPT, or were was it a mix of Flex as well? Also same question to the people who interviewed April 14th?

Anyone who interviewed at San Marcos March 10 and 24th, we're you all full time DPT, or were was it a mix of Flex as well? Also same question to the people who interviewed April 14th?
I interviewed on March 10th and everyone there was a full time DPT .. no flex, no OT.. all full time dpt

Hi all - did anyone here by any chance take Biomechanics or Anatomical Kinesiology as an online course somewhere?

I interviewed March 24th. Mix of DPT, MOT, OTD. I am not sure about flex.

HI! I just got my letter for the Miami campus interview on may 5th for fall 2017! did you complete an interview or just receive an acceptance? if so how was the interview?
P.S. Congrats on your acceptance!
I also received an interview for May 5th! I am wondering how many spots are left since several people have already received acceptance letters...

I interviewed March 24th. Mix of DPT, MOT, OTD. I am not sure about flex.
I interviewed on April 14th. About 20-25 of us for DPT. Just wondering how many spots are actually left in the Fall full time at San Marcos.

I interviewed on April 14th. About 20-25 of us for DPT. Just wondering how many spots are actually left in the Fall full time at San Marcos.

This is a terrible way to gauge it... but there are only 30 (26 DPT) of us in the fall 2017 facebook group, compared to the 87 combined for the summer 2017 facebook group.

Also did anyone else get a call from Erin about switching over to the summer class? I declined. Summer class is just over a week away from starting.

I interviewed March 25 at USA San Marcos and we had a total of 7 DPT Flex students. I know that 3/7 have been accepted but I'm not sure about the others.

Just got accepted off the waitlist for St Augustine campus! Anyone know where we find roomates?

Reactions: 1 users
Very exciting to hear some of you have been accepted.

I am going to apply this fall and likely for a spot next spring 2018. Here are my stats:

Dual degree in Exercise Science/Community Health

Institutional GPA: 3.956
Cumulative: 3.18 - Unfortunately went through a depressive mode my first two years of college and then bounced back.
Still earned Phi Kappa Phi honor selection for my institutional GPA.

MPH
Current GPA: 4.0

Observation hours: 300 hours - not as many as I'd like. The PT I was hired on for promised more hours but he has been slower. However, his clinic is very advanced with anti-gravity treadmills, force plate treadmills, etc. and he has trained me in their use.

I've co-written two manuscripts that are waiting publishing in academic journals. Been in a lot of community volunteer work. Started the largest student-run leadership organization in my state. In general, my resume is pretty strong.

I think, which is obvious, my cumulative GPA worries me. With my Master's credits my cumulative will likely move to a 3.4 GPA but there is no way to un-do what I've done with my first two years. However, my trend is strong. I maintained a 3.956 through all science courses in upper division. My pre-requisite GPA is all A's beyond two B's in A&P I earned while taking them simultaneously with applied anatomy. Since many fail these courses on their own, I am not surprised they were the only B's I earned during my final leg of undergraduate.

I'm going to find more hours in a different observational area. I think that will strengthen my experience. Anyone else come from a slightly lower GPA that bounced back?

Very exciting to hear some of you have been accepted.

I am going to apply this fall and likely for a spot next spring 2018. Here are my stats:

Dual degree in Exercise Science/Community Health

Institutional GPA: 3.956
Cumulative: 3.18 - Unfortunately went through a depressive mode my first two years of college and then bounced back.
Still earned Phi Kappa Phi honor selection for my institutional GPA.

MPH
Current GPA: 4.0

Observation hours: 300 hours - not as many as I'd like. The PT I was hired on for promised more hours but he has been slower. However, his clinic is very advanced with anti-gravity treadmills, force plate treadmills, etc. and he has trained me in their use.

I've co-written two manuscripts that are waiting publishing in academic journals. Been in a lot of community volunteer work. Started the largest student-run leadership organization in my state. In general, my resume is pretty strong.

I think, which is obvious, my cumulative GPA worries me. With my Master's credits my cumulative will likely move to a 3.4 GPA but there is no way to un-do what I've done with my first two years. However, my trend is strong. I maintained a 3.956 through all science courses in upper division. My pre-requisite GPA is all A's beyond two B's in A&P I earned while taking them simultaneously with applied anatomy. Since many fail these courses on their own, I am not surprised they were the only B's I earned during my final leg of undergraduate.

I'm going to find more hours in a different observational area. I think that will strengthen my experience. Anyone else come from a slightly lower GPA that bounced back?
I believe USA looks at trend GPA (last 45 credit hours) and prereq GPA so as long as those are above 3.0 you should be good. Having diverse observational hours is always a plus too. Don't worry about your slow start, just finish strongly and get around a 300 for your GRE and you'll be competitive to get an interview at least.

Hello! Did anyone re-apply and get an interview/acceptance this round? If so, how much of an improvement did you make and in what areas? Thank you.

Hello! Did anyone re-apply and get an interview/acceptance this round? If so, how much of an improvement did you make and in what areas? Thank you.

I did not apply to USA last year but I did apply to ten other schools. I interviewed at a couple of schools but was not accepted. I decided to work in a PT clinic for 6 months full time after graduation to get more hands on experience and work within different PT specialties. I applied to USA in December 2016 and was accepted in April. I will be honest, I was really discouraged my first time because I had worked so hard for so long but I knew this is what I wanted to do therefore I didn't give up. I think the areas that I improved most on was working in the field, learning from great supervisors, becoming an independent confident clinician as an Athletic Trainer and working within different specialties.

Was anyone on the waitlist from the previous summer term and had their application rolled over to the fall? When did you hear about your acceptance/wait-list/rejection decisions??

I just had an interview with the Miami campus of USA. Can you guys tell me what my chances of getting in are? I was interviewed along with two other applicants by one of the professors. I think I did okay in the interview.

I hope my stats help get me in. I have a 313 GRE with 4.5 for writing. My last 45 credit hours GPA is 4.0 and my prereq GPA is 4.0. I have over 300 PT observation hours including 100 inpatient. My undergraduate degree is in Business. Unfortunately I received some bad grades while trying to get an Engineering degree so that lowers my cumulative GPA to 3.15. Let me know what you think. I will find out in at least 2 weeks.
Were you accepted? If you don't mind me asking?

Anyone else get an interview invite for Fall Full Time DPT Austin TX for June 9th?

If anyone who has already interviewed for Austin would like to give me pointers or let me know what they asked you in the interview so I can at least have some ideas PLEASE MESSAGE ME!

Hi,
I was submitting my application for summer, but the gentleman who was helping me said that he is going to put me in for this coming August.
I was just wondering if anyone knows what are the likeliness of me getting accepted for this semester, I got my Bs in Biomedical Engineering @ Gatech (Cum GPA 3.34), MBA @ PSU (GPA 3.92/3.94).

PreReq GPA: 3.6
Master's GPA: 3.9
GRE: 305
Observation hours:
PT about 200 hrs
Emergency room 1000 hrs

I would be really appreciated if someone could give me some feedback, also, please let me know how long it took for y'all to hear back from the school once u submit the application.

Good luck to you all!

is there anyone else on here on the wait list for Fall in San Marcos?

Jennifer said that it'll probably be more towards August that we can see movement. And they'll give us the option around then

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got wait listed for Austin.

Honestly mind blown. I blew that interview out of the water. I wonder how they do the wait lists since they say they don't weigh or rank them.