University of Saint Joseph Entering 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nutripharma

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else applying to the 3 year program?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else applying to the 3 year program?

Hi nutripharma, I am currently in the 3 years program (not USJ) and really like it. I applied and got admission for USJ last year, the environment and faculty at USJ really impressed me. The only reason that makes I chose my school now is that I can save money from moving to another city.

Best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi nutripharma, I am currently in the 3 years program (not USJ) and really like it. I applied and got admission for USJ last year, the environment and faculty at USJ really impressed me. The only reason that makes I chose my school now is that I can save money from moving to another city.

Best of luck
Cool, how was the interview process?

Hi!

I received an interview invite for USJ. I would love any information on the interview as well as the school itself. Thanks :)

Cool, how was the interview process?
Hi!

I received an interview invite for USJ. I would love any information on the interview as well as the school itself. Thanks :)

Hi guys,

I am sorry for the late response. Last year, I was interviewed by 2 faculties ( I felt like it was a conversations more than an interview). They spent about 25 minutes to introduce me about the program. Then the interview had about 10 questions. They asked me to introduce myself, why pharmacy or why usj (can't remember exactly), what mistake I have made and how to fix it, what role i play in a team (leader/follower) and why, example of time when i solve the conflict in the team, how i handle heavy workload, tell them a time i felt i make the different in my community, what characteristic i think pharmacist should have, what i see myself in 5 years, and a weird question what super power i would like to have and why? Make sure you explain your answers in detail and if possible give examples what you have done to prove and solidify your point. Try to think of some questions to ask them (to show u are interested about the program). Be prepared and relaxed.

After the interview, they left and gave me a math test ( basic algebra w/out calculator but it was very easy) and the 1 page essay. I think 1 of the essay topic was define professionalism. You may have the test before the interview too.

Best of luck on the interview!

Hi!

Just go there and relax. Everything is really nice and smooth. You have around 30 min interview, basic questions. A simple math exam and an essay followed by school tour and your set to go. Good luck. When is your interview?

Just go there and relax. Everything is really nice and smooth. You have around 30 min interview, basic questions. A simple math exam and an essay followed by school tour and your set to go. Good luck. When is your interview?

Thank you! I had it today at 12:30. It was wonderful! I felt I belonged there but lets see what they say. The faculty staff was really nice and they seemed to like my answers.

When did you hear back?

Thank you! I had it today at 12:30. It was wonderful! I felt I belonged there but lets see what they say. The faculty staff was really nice and they seemed to like my answers.

When did you hear back?
That's great! They got back to me on 2/11/16

When did you hear back?
What other schools did you apply to?

That's great! They got back to me on 2/11/16

Ohh i see, when did you interview? I hope they let me know within this week!! I applied to Touro (NY), Appalachian, PCOM, Temple, Thomas Jefferson and UNE

I am aiming towards USJ since its a 3 year program and I don't think any other program can beat their curriculum.
I am waiting on Touro since its commuting distance.

Ohh i see, when did you interview? I hope they let me know within this week!! I applied to Touro (NY), Appalachian, PCOM, Temple, Thomas Jefferson and UNE

I am aiming towards USJ since its a 3 year program and I don't think any other program can beat their curriculum.
I am waiting on Touro since its commuting distance.
Oh okay. The stats of Touro aren't that great. I am talking about the MPJE and NAPLEX passing rates. Good luck. I interviews on 2/8

Oh okay. The stats of Touro aren't that great. I am talking about the MPJE and NAPLEX passing rates. Good luck. I interviews on 2/8

I know but they have improved significantly and the atmosphere of the school is very nice plus the staff is willing to do whatever it takes for their students to do well.

I interviewed this Monday and still no email from them! I am being impatient but a lot of other students who interviewed last week and week before found out within a few days!!! :( Will you attend USJ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know but they have improved significantly and the atmosphere of the school is very nice plus the staff is willing to do whatever it takes for their students to do well.

I interviewed this Monday and still no email from them! I am being impatient but a lot of other students who interviewed last week and week before found out within a few days!!! :( Will you attend USJ?
I have secured my spot but still not sure. I have couple more interviews. Good luck! Hope you get in.

That's great news!!!! Congratulations. Probably this is going to be the most exciting day haha. Thank you. Are you done with all your interviews

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

That's great news!!!! Congratulations. Probably this is going to be the most exciting day haha. Thank you. Are you done with all your interviews

Thank you! Yes it is!
Well I decided to opt out of all the other interviews because USJ was one of my top choices. But I am still waiting to hear back from Touro so lets see what they say.

Oh okay! Good luck. Hope everything work out for you.

how are you going to pay for it? 48k/year in tuition alone is scary, even if it is a 3 year program. Also isn't the block schedule going to be draining? Can you really sit through pharmacokinetics for 9 hours a day for 2 weeks straight?

My interview with them is on the 28th just a FYI.... Just wanted other peoples perspective on both paying for it and the fatigue factor

Hi, I'm bumping this thread because I was invited for an interview. So, the math test is simple algebra, I guess? And the interview sounds like it wouldn't be too bad. I'm slightly nervous because I'm excited to potentially go to this school! I wonder if there are any past/current students here willing to tell us how USJ life is? I'm definitely curious.

Was accepted today. Also accepted to Western New England, but I'm all about the 3 year modified block schedule. Tuition is crazy wherever you go unless you go to a state school. It's the living expenses in Hartford that I'm dreading, but I loved the downtown area. Reminded me of a smaller version of Boston. Can't wait for August.

Was accepted today. Also accepted to Western New England, but I'm all about the 3 year modified block schedule. Tuition is crazy wherever you go unless you go to a state school. It's the living expenses in Hartford that I'm dreading, but I loved the downtown area. Reminded me of a smaller version of Boston. Can't wait for August.
Congrats, yea Hartford has that city feel, it does have its ultra ghetto areas. and I did speak with one of the doctors in the admissions office about the living expenses and they said essentially that there are some landlords that do rent based on income (sweet!).

Hi, I'm bumping this thread because I was invited for an interview. So, the math test is simple algebra, I guess? And the interview sounds like it wouldn't be too bad. I'm slightly nervous because I'm excited to potentially go to this school! I wonder if there are any past/current students here willing to tell us how USJ life is? I'm definitely curious.

Math test was a easy, its some algebra some basic calculus, some conversions, honestly its ez just take the time to do it right and you'll be fine.... they said show my work I'm like uhhhhh okayyyy I do a lot of approximations in my own work but sure... lol

I also got accepted recently but I am still struggling on whether I should choose SJU or MCPHS. I like SJU very much because of their environment and the program is very attractive. However, they do not offer internal school scholarship and MCPHS does. I just would like to know if people have the same problem when it comes to financial problem and their housing options.

I also got accepted recently but I am still struggling on whether I should choose SJU or MCPHS. I like SJU very much because of their environment and the program is very attractive. However, they do not offer internal school scholarship and MCPHS does. I just would like to know if people have the same problem when it comes to financial problem and their housing options.

How long from when you interviewed to when they sent you an acceptence? I interviewed like 3-4 weeks ago getting anxious.

Well the quality of your education should be priority. I know tons of people who went to MCPHS and absolutely hated it. You should look around in the forum and get into contact with MCPHS students for their input! :)

Woo, I was accepted! I'm going to secure my spot. I really like the atmosphere of the school and the city doesn't seem too bad either.

The interview was relaxed and the math test wasn't hard and the essay was very doable. I hope I'm going to like this school.

Are there any current students that can give us their opinions on this school? Just curious.

Accepted as well, anyone have ideas on their plans for
Housing?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I had an awful GPA but good PCAT. So far I'm liking the school. Housing will be expensive in the city, find a roommate.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you, that looks like the plan. Accepted at 5 other schools but this just felt right.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Can any of the current students tell us how the first year would be, and provide any advice that got you through the first year? Thanks in advance.