University of Oklahoma Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on the 19th and I was accepted! Yay!

I also interviewed on the 19th and got an acceptance e-mail today! So excited! :)

Me too! Ahhh! So excited! Still waiting to finish other interviews and hear back from those schools but I am so stoked.
Did y'all get placed at the OKC campus too?

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, I got placed at okc, which is what I really wanted! I'm surprised how quickly they got back to us. A week ago, I was freaking out about the interview, haha.

I was too... I was analyzing everything that I said and was scared that it wasn't enough. But high five! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got waitlisted...congrats to everyone else! Im impressed with how fast they got back to us.

I interviewed on 1/19 and got waitlisted also. I'm trying to look at it positively. At least it wasn't a denial.

Me too! Ahhh! So excited! Still waiting to finish other interviews and hear back from those schools but I am so stoked.
Did y'all get placed at the OKC campus too?

I interviewed Jan 19 and got accepted! So happy!! And i got placed for the OKC campus too :):soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

I interviewed the 19th as well and got my acceptance email yesterday. :soexcited:
Now It's just between Texas Tech pharmacy school in Abilene and OU to decide where to attend.

Last edited:
I got placed at OKC also! I'm so glad I can cancel my other interviews now because this is my first choice.

Anybody else get in to the Tulsa campus? I think I'm the only one so far.

Are any of you from Texas and choosing to go to OUHSC for pharm school? I'm strongly considering going here (got my acceptance email on the 25th), but I am from Texas and out of state tuition is ridiculously expensive. Are there ways to get the OOS tuition waived?

Are any of you from Texas and choosing to go to OUHSC for pharm school? I'm strongly considering going here (got my acceptance email on the 25th), but I am from Texas and out of state tuition is ridiculously expensive. Are there ways to get the OOS tuition waived?

If you change your address, in a year you can pay in state tuition. You might want to check up on the particulars to get in state. When I went to Colorado, they said I had to change my address, get a new drivers license and register to vote in Colorado.

I'm from Texas, and I've also heard that after the first year you can pay in state tuition if you change your address, file your taxes as an independent( not claimed as a dependent on parents taxes), and have lived in oklahoma for 12 months. What part of the great state are you from?

I'm from TX as well. In the same boat as you. I do believe you can reclassify as a resident after 1 year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted as well and am considering waiting on hearing back from SWOSU to make a decision.

Anyone have anything to help me make up my mind??

I interviewed on the 26th, felt pretty good about it and was glad to get out of there by 9am. Anyone else interview on the 26th?

I got accepted as well and am considering waiting on hearing back from SWOSU to make a decision.

Anyone have anything to help me make up my mind??
Unless you like small town living without entertainment go to OU. I was at SWOSU for a semester and you end up in OKC most of the time to do anything anyway. Also, I currently live in Tulsa and it to is better than SWOSU.

I'm from Texas, and I've also heard that after the first year you can pay in state tuition if you change your address, file your taxes as an independent( not claimed as a dependent on parents taxes), and have lived in oklahoma for 12 months. What part of the great state are you from?

Oh okay. Good to know! It sounds like a long and complicated process. I fell in love with OKC and OUHSC when I was there, though, so I can deal with it I guess haha. I'm from the Fort Worth area, but I go to school in Austin at UT. You?

I'm from about 1 hour northeast of Dallas near Sherman, but go to school in Abilene.

Has anyone that interviewed on the 19th got there official acceptance letter in the mail yet ?

I interviewed on the 19th and am still waiting for the official letter. I keep checking for it every day, haha.

Has anyone that interviewed on the 19th got there official acceptance letter in the mail yet ?

It took awhile. I think it came at the end of the week. If you have already been accepted, don't worry about it.

Can someone who is familiar with OKC please tell me about the weather year-round? I have heard that Oklahoma has a severe weather season from March to August..is this true? And are tornadoes very common? I'm still trying to decide whether or not to cancel my interview invite because I am more accustomed to Texas (warm, mild winters, no snow) weather... Please help me out! Thanks!

Can someone who is familiar with OKC please tell me about the weather year-round? I have heard that Oklahoma has a severe weather season from March to August..is this true? And are tornadoes very common? I'm still trying to decide whether or not to cancel my interview invite because I am more accustomed to Texas (warm, mild winters, no snow) weather... Please help me out! Thanks!

I live in Tulsa which is 2 hours from OKC. I do not think Oklahoma weather is as crazy as you think it is. It is really pretty mild year round. Snow is possible but we typically do not get a lot. Tornados are also possible but they seem to hit places outside the city. The weather can change pretty quickly though. Earlier this week it was in the 70s and today the high was in the 40s.

Hey, does anyone who is interviewing on the 23rd want to split a room with me for the night of the 22nd? I haven't chosen which accomodation yet because I haven't received the actual interview schedule yet but I want to choose one that has a shuttle to the campus...unless you have a car that I can chip in for, or have already chosen an accomodation and are willing to split. :) Let me know! Thanks!
Also, do any of you have any recommendations for inns to stay at?

I see you also got into Colorado. You it snows more up there. :)

I see you also got into Colorado. You it snows more up there. :)
Haha I know, I guess I was just a little freaked out when I heard about tornadoes. But looks like it shouldn't be too crazy.

I guess they were serious about the interview results from Jan 26th taking 3 weeks.

Hey friends!

I need some clarification on something with the acceptance letters. The hard copy that I received in the mail was postmarked on January 29th, and it says I have two weeks to submit the online deposit to secure my seat. Two weeks from January 29th is this Tuesday, February 12th, so it's coming up pretty soon. Is there any specific time we have to have it submitted by on the last day?
I'm just worried because UT and U of H should start sending out acceptances this week. I love OUHSC but I need more time to soul-search and figure out where I want to go!
#pharmschoolprobz
#hashtagsonSDN

Hey friends!

I need some clarification on something with the acceptance letters. The hard copy that I received in the mail was postmarked on January 29th, and it says I have two weeks to submit the online deposit to secure my seat. Two weeks from January 29th is this Tuesday, February 12th, so it's coming up pretty soon. Is there any specific time we have to have it submitted by on the last day?
I'm just worried because UT and U of H should start sending out acceptances this week. I love OUHSC but I need more time to soul-search and figure out where I want to go!
#pharmschoolprobz
#hashtagsonSDN

I don't think theres a specific time that you have to submit it by. But to be on the safe side, I would submit it by 3 or 5PM if I were you.

I interviewed the 19th and got accepted to the Tulsa campus.

I interviewed the 19th and got accepted to the Tulsa campus.

Congrats on getting accepted! ! I have only heard of one other person at tulsa. Its great location I think... I'm in okc though

Thanks! It's a small campus, but that is fine with me. I preferred Tulsa because all my family is here and I would miss the trails at Turkey Mountain.

I can breath now because I just received an acceptance email from OU for the OKC campus. I interviewed on Jan 26th. Now I can slack a little bit this semester =)

Yes! I interviewed on the 26th and got my acceptance email today! I'll be with you guys in OKC :)

does anyone know how long we have to tell them whether we accept of decline the offer?

i believe its either 10 or 14 days from the date on the letter. Could be wrong. I would call OU to be sure.

does anyone know how long we have to tell them whether we accept of decline the offer?

To accept the offer you have submit the deposit within 2 weeks of your admittance letter date. To decline you need to send them written notification to the email that will be included in your letter. My letter was postmarked on the 12th and I received it today.

Hello everyone!
I'm new here. My friend, a P1 pharmacy student, told me about SDN forum. I live in Texas. Nice to meet you all :)
I've got an interview invitation on this 23rd but they didn't tell me which session I was going to attend yet. So it's very hard for me to plan the trip back to Texas. I'm wondering if there is anyone who has the interview on Feb 23rd know his/her session yet.

Just curious...does anybody who get accepted receive information regarding background check and drug test? Not hear anything from the school since I got my accepted letter in later December.

Just curious...does anybody who get accepted receive information regarding background check and drug test? Not hear anything from the school since I got my accepted letter in later December.

I am a current P1 at OU and don't worry it will be awhile before you get any kind of information. Just make sure for now that you get your shot records and updated transcripts turned in by the appropriate deadlines. The drug test won't occur until the week before school starts and the college will tell you when and where to go. The background check will be completed after school starts and you will get more instruction on that in your pharmacy practice class. You probably won't receive very much information until a week or two before classes start in August, or at least we didn't. Enjoy your summer and congratulations.

I am a current P1 at OU and don't worry it will be awhile before you get any kind of information. Just make sure for now that you get your shot records and updated transcripts turned in by the appropriate deadlines. The drug test won't occur until the week before school starts and the college will tell you when and where to go. The background check will be completed after school starts and you will get more instruction on that in your pharmacy practice class. You probably won't receive very much information until a week or two before classes start in August, or at least we didn't. Enjoy your summer and congratulations.

Thanks for your information:)

Hey guys! I am a current P-1 at OUCOP and will be more than happy to answer any questions you all may have about the admissions/interview process. Having gone through it less than a year ago I still have a pretty good grasp on the whole process. From what I understand interview invites should be going out anytime now for the first couple of dates in December! Good luck and let me know if you have any questions at all!
Thanks! Question would like to stay in Tulsa but I know there are less students admitted here than OKC. So if you request Tulsa are you knocked out of OKC automatically or will they offer OKC as a 2nd choice to you? Do all students start in the fall semester together?
Do students go year round including summer? I'm wondering if you can take summer school courses and finish a semester earlier (SWOSU for instance does this). Rolling admissions means they accept applications all year?? Any help for a naïve student...:scared:

I interviewed on the 23rd of this month and received news yesterday the 27th (my birthday!) that I was accepted to the OKC campus. While I'm very excited, I'm a Texas resident waiting to hear back from Texas Tech (interviewed there on the 22nd). My only concern with going with OU is the out of state tuition premium, which some of the students leading us around at the interview said might not be so bad because of the decent salary you can make in pharmacy following graduation. I fell in love with Tech's program during the interview day, and I really liked OU's as well, but I'm conflicted. I don't want to let money hold me back too much, but at the same time we're talking about a lot of money. Anyone else in a similar situation?

I interviewed on the 23rd of this month and received news yesterday the 27th (my birthday!) that I was accepted to the OKC campus. While I'm very excited, I'm a Texas resident waiting to hear back from Texas Tech (interviewed there on the 22nd). My only concern with going with OU is the out of state tuition premium, which some of the students leading us around at the interview said might not be so bad because of the decent salary you can make in pharmacy following graduation. I fell in love with Tech's program during the interview day, and I really liked OU's as well, but I'm conflicted. I don't want to let money hold me back too much, but at the same time we're talking about a lot of money. Anyone else in a similar situation?

If you want to change your address and drivers license, you will only be out of state for a year. Then the last three will be in state tuition. You would have to check and make sure of all the things you have to do to get in state tuition. I was thinking about going to UC, but it was going to be expensive also. (I am an Oklahoma resident). You have to sit down with the costs of both schools. For me, it was a huge difference paying out of state tuition just for one year. You have to think about housing and food and basic supplies. Without working, it would be all loan money. If I stay in Oklahoma, I don't have all those costs, because my husband will be here to cover them. If you will have to pay for housing either way, then it probably will not be such a big difference. It is really up to you though.

I'm in the same situation as you. I'm still waiting to hear back from the Tx schools that I applied to but the money situation is concerning me. But I'm not going to worry about it till I know for sure I got accepted in Texas. Just enjoy getting accepted to OU! :)

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 using SDN Mobile

I have the same thoughts as you. I asked the student in my interview panel if he turned to in-state, since he had mentioned that he was from Kansas, and he said no, that he can't unless he works full-time for a year or gets married to an Oklahoma resident. The other student in my interview panel got married to an OK resident and that's how she converted. The students who toured us around the campus were also paying out-of-state and cannot convert. You are right, it is a LOT of money. Before interviewing, I was under the impression that you can probably change to in-state after a year, but after hearing this info from the students there, it seems impossible. If I get accepted to a TX institution then I will rather go there.