University of Oklahoma Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does that mean that grades and PCAT score will not be taken into account when they decide who is accepted?

...and also your interview. A current student on the panel told me that they really want to see that you are dedicated and a people person.

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone recieved an actual letter for instructions on what to do next?

Just receive an accept email from last week's interview! So exciting now! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG! I just got my acceptance email too! :hardy: I'll be at the OKC campus! Too bad I had to get an emergency root canal this morning so the only thing I want to do now is take more pain meds :(

I haven't seen anybody else who got into Tulsa yet.

Got my actual physical letter today with instructions and so forth.

Congrats to all those who have been accepted so far! Once you get your physical letter of acceptance, you'll pay your deposit and then sit tight and wait. You probably won't get much else in the way of instruction until much closer to next fall. Make sure to send in transcripts in the spring if you're still finishing up pre-reqs.

Just received an interview invitation for Jan, I selected Jan 26th because I will be on a trip on the 19th. Hope the later interview date doesn't mess with my chances of getting in!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been invited to an interview, but I'm not sure what location to choose yet. Can someone please advise me which one I would probably like more? I've been brought up in cities my entire life, and I like convenience and variety when it comes to restaurants, stores, etc... Also, I am more used to warm/hot weather as opposed to cold. Please advise me on which location I should choose. I have researched online but I want to know what you guys think as well, since you might be more familiar with the actual campuses. Thanks so much!

i still havent heard anything from them yet, do they send the interview invitations all together or they do it one by one? Should i be worrying right now??

They do rolling admissions. It just depends on when you submitted your materials. They will still do interviews for the next couple months.

i have been invited to an interview, but i'm not sure what location to choose yet. Can someone please advise me which one i would probably like more? I've been brought up in cities my entire life, and i like convenience and variety when it comes to restaurants, stores, etc... Also, i am more used to warm/hot weather as opposed to cold. Please advise me on which location i should choose. I have researched online but i want to know what you guys think as well, since you might be more familiar with the actual campuses. Thanks so much!

okc

I liked the okc campus better because seems like more oppurtunities for hospitals and or research aspects, more pharm students attend there bc they have more spots, seems more connected to the entire OUHSC bc the core of the campus seems to be in OKC. For personal reasons I liked the OKC option bc my work is very close and I have a house in OKC so this worked great for me.

Now I am not down playing Tulsa because I loved the city. It is really simple to learn all the major streets/highways, but it is still a major city with almost any major store close. Also the smaller class size maybe better but you also may not tell much difference. Also the tulsa campus seemed really safe. I visitied during Tulsa campus during night as well as the day time and there wasnt any wierdos outside the doors asking for money or anything infact I seen a police or security of somekind. Now OKC has campus security and everything but it was just a subjective thing about the safeness of the campus.
Anyone else have opinions??

i still havent heard anything from them yet, do they send the interview invitations all together or they do it one by one? Should i be worrying right now??
I am not sure about invitations to future interviews or anything. I hope the best, also I know everyone says it so it is kind of annoying.... but freaking out/worry wont help. I was accepted and I am still trying to find something to freak out over. LOL. I told myself that I am seriously just going to have to listen to some of the people because freaking out does not help any and it also makes other nervous. Worrying is not good for my karma. Plus if I am hearing it from many different people... there is a probally a good reason.

Do you get a confirmation email after you submit the deposit? Can you check online?

I have been invited to interview and am trying to pick a date to attend. The only two I can really make are January 26 or February 23 due to work, school and the fact that I am an out-of-state traveler. Do any of you insiders know if the February 23 date puts me at a greater risk of being wait-listed? Because, unfortunately, that's the date that works best for me in making travel arrangements.

Grrr... I submitted my PharmCAS and supp on Oct. 15 and still haven't heard back about an interview!! I'm getting worried.

Grrr... I submitted my PharmCAS and supp on Oct. 15 and still haven't heard back about an interview!! I'm getting worried.

That is still pretty late compared to when it opened. I submitted in August and heard back in November for my interview. I think you shouldn't worry. There is still time.

Soo has anyone made a Facebook page for the class of 2017 yet? :)

I was just thinking about that too. I will do it if you want?? But your welcomed to do it kb1578, if you want.

Also did you all know that you can friend people as well as send private messages on this site too. LOL
I sent some friend requests but only one person responded. LOL

Last edited:
I have been invited to interview and am trying to pick a date to attend. The only two I can really make are January 26 or February 23 due to work, school and the fact that I am an out-of-state traveler. Do any of you insiders know if the February 23 date puts me at a greater risk of being wait-listed? Because, unfortunately, that's the date that works best for me in making travel arrangements.

Yes...interviewing later risks your chances of admission since we do rolling.

Has anyone received a confirmation letter yet for this next round of interviews?

Hey! I got my interview invitation today! I'll be at OKC on January 26th.

Hey guys, for those of y'all who have already interviewed could y'all give us an idea of what it was like? Thanks!

Hey guys! I am a current P-1 at OUCOP and will be more than happy to answer any questions you all may have about the admissions/interview process. Having gone through it less than a year ago I still have a pretty good grasp on the whole process. From what I understand interview invites should be going out anytime now for the first couple of dates in December! Good luck and let me know if you have any questions at all!

I have my interview this Saturday (Jan 19th) would love some advice/insight you can give me! This is my first interview so I am not sure what to expect. Any questions I should focus on?

I was just thinking about that too. I will do it if you want?? But your welcomed to do it kb1578, if you want.

Also did you all know that you can friend people as well as send private messages on this site too. LOL
I sent some friend requests but only one person responded. LOL

You go ahead and do it lol And I will join

Congratulations omfgitslaura on getting this far in the admissions process, so many people do not get this opportunity! Definitely look at the questions that people have posted on this site under the interview feedback of the pharmacy section. It helps so much, it is actual questions that students who have previously interviewed were asked. Although you do want to be careful in that you do not want your interview to sound too rehearsed, but at least you can begin thinking about how you would answer some of those questions if they arise.
Honestly it is a very relaxed day, they are not there to scare you or intimidate you, they want to get to know the real you and see if you would be a good fit for the program. I know it's easy for me to tell you to relax because I am not the one actually interviewing, but relax. It helps so much I promise! It prevents you from rambling or saying something you will regret later. I think the biggest thing is practice, most of the questions they will ask you are situational questions. And try to practice with people you do not know that well if you can it helps so much as you will be more relaxed.
I am trying to remember some of the questions I was asked. I remember a few I think: describe a time when you made a mistake and how did you fix it, in working in a group, what role do you play and describe a group project you have participated in and your role, describe a time when you went out of your way to help someone else, why pharmacy (definitely be ready for this one it will probably be the first question they ask you), and be ready to ask them intelligent questions (ie not questions where the answer can be found on the website). Definitely do your research on the program through the website, if you haven't already. They want the interview to be more of a conversation than a question and answer session. I remember asking one of the student interviewers what is one thing they wish they would have known when they were in my position.
Just keep this in mind, they have already reviewed your application on paper and know that you are academically capable of successfully completing the program, now they want to see if you have the personality, compassion for the patients, and love of the career before they offer you admission. But ultimately just relax and it will go sooooo much better. The day consists of paperwork, and then you will be divided into groups where you will go on a tour, take a picture for the student panel, try on white coats for size, and a 20-30 minutes interview.
Be confident, keep you head up, you got this! Let me know if you have any other questions!
Congrats once again

Congratulations omfgitslaura on getting this far in the admissions process, so many people do not get this opportunity! Definitely look at the questions that people have posted on this site under the interview feedback of the pharmacy section. It helps so much, it is actual questions that students who have previously interviewed were asked. Although you do want to be careful in that you do not want your interview to sound too rehearsed, but at least you can begin thinking about how you would answer some of those questions if they arise.
Honestly it is a very relaxed day, they are not there to scare you or intimidate you, they want to get to know the real you and see if you would be a good fit for the program. I know it's easy for me to tell you to relax because I am not the one actually interviewing, but relax. It helps so much I promise! It prevents you from rambling or saying something you will regret later. I think the biggest thing is practice, most of the questions they will ask you are situational questions. And try to practice with people you do not know that well if you can it helps so much as you will be more relaxed.
I am trying to remember some of the questions I was asked. I remember a few I think: describe a time when you made a mistake and how did you fix it, in working in a group, what role do you play and describe a group project you have participated in and your role, describe a time when you went out of your way to help someone else, why pharmacy (definitely be ready for this one it will probably be the first question they ask you), and be ready to ask them intelligent questions (ie not questions where the answer can be found on the website). Definitely do your research on the program through the website, if you haven't already. They want the interview to be more of a conversation than a question and answer session. I remember asking one of the student interviewers what is one thing they wish they would have known when they were in my position.
Just keep this in mind, they have already reviewed your application on paper and know that you are academically capable of successfully completing the program, now they want to see if you have the personality, compassion for the patients, and love of the career before they offer you admission. But ultimately just relax and it will go sooooo much better. The day consists of paperwork, and then you will be divided into groups where you will go on a tour, take a picture for the student panel, try on white coats for size, and a 20-30 minutes interview.
Be confident, keep you head up, you got this! Let me know if you have any other questions!
Congrats once again

Thank you so much! This is all great feedback. I honestly didn't think anyone would reply back to me lol thanks again!:)

I have to say I had a really good time on the campus at OU. Everyone was really nice and the student ambassador Naomi was a huge help in all of the questions we asked!

I was really Impressed with OU's campus and thought my interview went great. How did everyone elses interviews go?

UTsto
:) i think we were in the same group

Last edited:
I was really Impressed with OU's campus and thought my interview went great. How did everyone elses interviews go?
I think mine could have gone better. When I get nervous, I tend to talk a lot and be really animated... (I talk a lot with my hands, and even more so when I'm nervous...)

I'm sure it went OK, but still...

It was a good day! I think we had a great group :)

I believe they have sent out a few acceptance letters for the interviews on the 19th.

I interviewed on the 19th and I was accepted! Yay!

I also interviewed on the 19th and got an acceptance e-mail today! So excited! :)

Does anybody have any suggestions for apartments to look at?