University of Oklahoma Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

health1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Anyone apply to OU?

Members don't see this ad.

I did. Haven't heard anything back yet.

Hey there, me too. I am applying there. My friend, who is a P-1 student there said that they won''t look at the application until after the deadline :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there, me too. I am applying there. My friend, who is a P-1 student there said that they won''t look at the application until after the deadline :(

Dang yeah I am guessing a lot of seats will be filled since it is a rolling admission school.

last years thread had the first round of interview invites sent in mid November so hopefully we'll hear something by then. Good luck to everyone!

Dang yeah I am guessing a lot of seats will be filled since it is a rolling admission school.

Ok, so I looked through the school pages and it said that the interview date is Dec 8 (for Tulsa campus), Dec 15, January something (for OKC campus). And interview invitation will be sent out on the first week of November.

How will the school know if we want to interview at the OKC or Tulsa location?

How will the school know if we want to interview at the OKC or Tulsa location?

I think that's when you choose the date. Think they will give you the available date and then you choose. if you choose any other date beside the Dec 8 then you will do the interview at OKC campus

Ok, so I looked through the school pages and it said that the interview date is Dec 8 (for Tulsa campus), Dec 15, January something (for OKC campus). And interview invitation will be sent out on the first week of November.

Interview invitations are this week? Wow. Hopefully we all get a interview. Wish you all the best.

Did anyone receive a confirmation email after submitting their supplemental application?

As an alumni and someone who has an inside track....please do not call OU Oklahoma University. We are The University of Oklahoma. When I open an applicant file and it says Oklahoma University I want to bang my head against a wall.

Just a friendly tip for applying and interviewing. :)

I recieved a confirmation email on 10/23/2012 saying my pharmcas application was in and my pharmacy application was in and was under review. It is now 11/8/2012 and have not recieved any other emails.

I recieved a confirmation email on 10/23/2012 saying my pharmcas application was in and my pharmacy application was in and was under review. It is now 11/8/2012 and have not recieved any other emails.

When did you submit your application to pharmcas?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I am a current P-1 at OUCOP and will be more than happy to answer any questions you all may have about the admissions/interview process. Having gone through it less than a year ago I still have a pretty good grasp on the whole process. From what I understand interview invites should be going out anytime now for the first couple of dates in December! Good luck and let me know if you have any questions at all!

Recieved an email yesterday saying i have an interview. i scheduled mine for december 8th in tulsa because thats were i live. in answer to when i submitted my pharmcas it was late september after the pcat.

Recieved an email yesterday saying i have an interview. i scheduled mine for december 8th in tulsa because thats were i live. in answer to when i submitted my pharmcas it was late september after the pcat.

Congrats! :luck:

I didn't hear anything from them so I guess I'll just have to wait till the next round.:(

I received my invite today! I will be interviewing on January 26th in OKC :)

I submitted my supplemental on nov 8th and i got an invitation too. It was really fast. Planning to interview on dec 8th. I have an interview at UNMC on dec 7th and planning to drive to OKC the same day for next day interview. If anybody is planning on similar schedule, it would be very nice to know.

My supplemental ap was received on October 11th.

I just got an invitation for an interview this morning! :)I'll be in OKC on December 15. Anyone else going on that day?

sent from my galaxy s 3 using sdn mobile

I submitted my supplemental on nov 8th and i got an invitation too. It was really fast. Planning to interview on dec 8th. I have an interview at UNMC on dec 7th and planning to drive to OKC the same day for next day interview. If anybody is planning on similar schedule, it would be very nice to know.

did you send your pharmcas application in october?

I received an invitation last week.

I'm hoping I'll get a letter of acceptance from my first choice (interviewed earlier this month) and that I won't have to bother going though.

Got an email yesterday saying that my interview on the 8th would be at 7:00am.

Congrates. I recieved an email too. I am interview on Dec 8th. Do you have any concerns. Iam practicing with some family this weekend

No concerns. This will be like my 4th interview for pharmacy school so all the jitters are gone. The best advice I have is just answer the question honestly and don't give any information away unless asked for.

No concerns. This will be like my 4th interview for pharmacy school so all the jitters are gone. The best advice I have is just answer the question honestly and don't give any information away unless asked for.

Are you meaning just answering the question and no rambling?? I am working on it that LOL
I hear it is behavioral based... so they want some stories to be used as examples

I am working on practicing my answers to expected questions? And I have a few situation to explain my past behaviors, do you have any other advice for a person interviewing at OU?

If they ask you to explain something then explain it. What I'm saying is just don't give them any information they don't ask for. Pretty much what you said answer the question and don't ramble. I've never interviewed at OU, but I have gone to the mock interviews given by them and it is all behavioral based to get to know you as a person. I know you've probably been told this but it's so true, don't be nervous. They are there to evaluate you as a person, because the already know you have the academics for the program otherwise you wouldn't have gotten an interview.

good luck to all interviewing tomorrow. See ya then

My experience was good. I felt comfortable in the interview and all the staff was really nice.

PharmCAS verified and mailed my app on 11/26, and I submitted my supp on 11/23. On PharmCAS, it says that OU has received all 3 LORs and my PCAT scores on 11/28, but the area next to the supplemental application where a date should be is blank.
About how long did it take for y'all for OU to report the supp as "Received" on PharmCAS?

I've checked the status page and the website with the application to make sure that it says it was, indeed, submitted, but I only received a confirmation email from OU in response to submitting the PharmCAS app and not the supp.
The email, which was sent on 11/28, 5 days after I submitted my supp, basically says, "We see that you've submitted the PharmCAS app. In order to complete the application process, you must fill out the supplemental application." It says a lot of other things too, but nothing that indicates that my application is under review.

Were we supposed to get a confirmation email for the supp?

Hi, just want to let you fellow SDNer know, I just got my acceptance email today. I had the interview in Tulsa in Dec 8. Hopefully there are other A1 interview group people on SDN as well who got in. I kinna like you guys. Oh and happy holiday. :D

Hi, just want to let you fellow SDNer know, I just got my acceptance email today. I had the interview in Tulsa in Dec 8. Hopefully there are other A1 interview group people on SDN as well who got in. I kinna like you guys. Oh and happy holiday. :D

Congrats. I interviewed on dec 8 as well and was very pleased to read the acceptance email today. Very quick as they said 4-6 weeks. I m very excited. Yes!!!!

I was waitlisted :( I'm very sad and depressed since I read the email earlier today. Does anyone know if and how many people that are waitlisted get eventually accepted? If I'm waitlisted does that mean I'm technically rejected unless come fall they need to fill in the open seats?! I really wanted to go to OU pharmacy school. I thought my interview went well but I guess not as good as it could have. I wonder how many people in this round of interviews got accepted. So heartbroken now.....

Got my acceptance email today. Headed to OKC!!!

I was in group A1 on 12/8 and got my acceptance letter today!

Good Luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! :D

sent from my galaxy s 3 using sdn mobile

is it worth it paying out of state tuition? Trying to decide.

I was waitlisted :( I'm very sad and depressed since I read the email earlier today. Does anyone know if and how many people that are waitlisted get eventually accepted? If I'm waitlisted does that mean I'm technically rejected unless come fall they need to fill in the open seats?! I really wanted to go to OU pharmacy school. I thought my interview went well but I guess not as good as it could have. I wonder how many people in this round of interviews got accepted. So heartbroken now.....

There was a P-3 student showing us around. He was waitlisted also. He said he finally got accepted 3 weeks before school started. So dont give up hope!

is it worth it paying out of state tuition? Trying to decide.

That is really up to you. Keep in mind you will only be paying out of state tuition for the first year. The last three will be in state (assuming you change your address and drivers license). I personally would want to go to the school that was the best fit for me no matter what the cost.

Will interviewers have access to your GPA and PCAT scores or is it closed file?

Will interviewers have access to your GPA and PCAT scores or is it closed file?

It is not closed file but I do not think they have access to all of your information. I heard that they have your personal statement and the supplemental application stuff but not your grades.

Does that mean that grades and PCAT score will not be taken into account when they decide who is accepted?

It is not closed file but I do not think they have access to all of your information. I heard that they have your personal statement and the supplemental application stuff but not your grades.

Does that mean that grades and PCAT score will not be taken into account when they decide who is accepted?

Of course they are taken into account. Whether you are accepted or not depends on more then GPA and PCAT scores. It also about your experiences (both life and work)