University of Michigan entering 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sspharmy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else on here applying to U of M for early or regular decision?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied regular decision. Just got the email from them today that my application is under review.

I applied regular decision. Just got the email from them today that my application is under review.
Wow you are fast. def. commend you for that. I am applying regular admission too. i havent submit anything :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry too much about it. The deadline is on Jan 5, so you still have plenty of time haha.

I applied for early and received that email last Wednesday. I'm low key freaking out since I haven't heard anything back yet.

Is anyone else on here applying to U of M for early or regular decision?
I applied Early Decision on September 4th, so far only received the email that it's in review! Apparently interviews begin early October?

The email did say it takes about 6 to 8 weeks later to hear back from them. So it's still a bit early.

I applied Early Decision on September 4th, so far only received the email that it's in review! Apparently interviews begin early October?

They do. That's why I'm getting nervous. If I remember right the interviews for ED are the 5th, 12th, and 19th. I feel like it's a bad sign that I haven't been invited for an interview yet.

They do. That's why I'm getting nervous. If I remember right the interviews for ED are the 5th, 12th, and 19th. I feel like it's a bad sign that I haven't been invited for an interview yet.
May I ask what your stats are? :)

May I ask what your stats are? :)

I know my stats are somewhere on this site but I don't remember the exact thread.

GPA is a 3.42/ BS in biology
PCAT: 94%tile
Work experience:
-860ish hours in a retail pharmacy (still working), licensed pharmacy technician, completed pharmacy technicians University training courses through employer
-120 hrs at a pbm. Job is mostly entering prior authorizations and overriding dosage increases, providing formulary and benefit info to physicians, pharmacists and patients depending on the specific health plan (still working)
Volunteer:
-80 hours as a certified English tutor w/ an organization
-300ish hours at a free clinic
-120ish hrs in a ltc facility as a pt care volunteer
LORs: 3 total, one is from my pharmacy manager (UofM cop alum)

My lack of research and my GPA are my biggest concerns. In my junior and senior year my non science GPA and sGPA ranged from 3.7-4.0 and pcat bio and chem scores were 98 and 96 so hopefully that makes up for it.

What about you?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Applied early decision. No interview invite yet. I heard that other schools are already sending interview invites for regular decision. PCAT 96%.

Has anyone heard anything back? For what it's worth I did work with a U of M P1 at the clinic where I volunteer this past weekend. He told me that he was notified for his regular decision interview 2 days before.

Edit: Just heard back today and got invited for an early decision interview.

Last edited:
Same here. Received the interview invite. On 12th Oct.

Anyone of you with preferred admission?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. Received the interview invite. On 12th Oct.

Anyone of you with preferred admission?
Nope. If you're with preferred admissions doesn't that mean you're basically accepted? I'm also Interviewing on the 12th though.

Last edited:
I know my stats are somewhere on this site but I don't remember the exact thread.

GPA is a 3.42/ BS in biology
PCAT: 94%tile
Work experience:
-860ish hours in a retail pharmacy (still working), licensed pharmacy technician, completed pharmacy technicians University training courses through employer
-120 hrs at a pbm. Job is mostly entering prior authorizations and overriding dosage increases, providing formulary and benefit info to physicians, pharmacists and patients depending on the specific health plan (still working)
Volunteer:
-80 hours as a certified English tutor w/ an organization
-300ish hours at a free clinic
-120ish hrs in a ltc facility as a pt care volunteer
LORs: 3 total, one is from my pharmacy manager (UofM cop alum)

My lack of research and my GPA are my biggest concerns. In my junior and senior year my non science GPA and sGPA ranged from 3.7-4.0 and pcat bio and chem scores were 98 and 96 so hopefully that makes up for it.

What about you?
GPA: 3.63, BS in Biochemistry
PCAT: 96th percentile
Work:
Roughly 500 hours of research in a chemistry laboratory
Roughly 100 hours as a Teaching Assistant for a Chemistry Laboratory
Roughly 1000 hours working as a research assistant for Economics
Roughly 250 hours as a pharmacy technician
Volunteer tutor total around 100 hours for a variety of subjects including Chemistry, Philosophy, English, Math, Spanish
Volunteer in Outpatient Pharmacy at a hospital

My biggest concern is also my GPA. Best of luck to you! :)

GPA: 3.63, BS in Biochemistry
PCAT: 96th percentile
Work:
Roughly 500 hours of research in a chemistry laboratory
Roughly 100 hours as a Teaching Assistant for a Chemistry Laboratory
Roughly 1000 hours working as a research assistant for Economics
Roughly 250 hours as a pharmacy technician
Volunteer tutor total around 100 hours for a variety of subjects including Chemistry, Philosophy, English, Math, Spanish
Volunteer in Outpatient Pharmacy at a hospital

My biggest concern is also my GPA. Best of luck to you! :)

Lol omg my stats are kinda laughable compared to yours, it's a little funny but not really. Tbh I'm pretty surprised I got an invite for ED. I thought I'd be deferred to regular right off the bat. Thanks though, I'm gonna need all the luck I can get :happy:

Lol omg my stats are kinda laughable compared to yours, it's a little funny but not really. Tbh I'm pretty surprised I got an invite for ED. I thought I'd be deferred to regular right off the bat. Thanks though, I'm gonna need all the luck I can get :happy:
Oh please, they are not laughable!! You have so many volunteer hours! I am currently trying to figure out what three questions I have to ask...

Oh please, they are not laughable!! You have so many volunteer hours! I am currently trying to figure out what three questions I have to ask...

I was struggling with questions to ask as well but when I took some time to look around their website and read about the program questions came naturally.

Nope. If you're with preferred admissions doesn't that mean you're basically accepted? I'm also Interviewing on the 12th though.
Sort of. But, you still have to go through the interview. I am not sure how critical the interview is.

Hope you guys heard good news yesterday! Also, did you guys get an email about a background check?

Is there anything else we're supposed to do until we get the official letter besides that background check?

Edit: Have you gotten your letter in the mail yet?

Last edited:
Is there anything else we're supposed to do until we get the official letter besides that background check?

I just did the background check, couldn't log onto wolverine access to pay deposit yet.

Hello everyone,
I have an interview coming up and was wondering for those of you who interviewed or about to interview. How did you have your resume, did you guys limit to one page or does it matter to have it longer than that?
Thank you in advance!

No official letter yet. Cannot pay the deposit yet.

Hello everyone,
I have an interview coming up and was wondering for those of you who interviewed or about to interview. How did you have your resume, did you guys limit to one page or does it matter to have it longer than that?
Thank you in advance!

Idk how long everyone elses was but mine was about 2 pages. Tbh though I don't think the interviewers cared that it was 2 pages as opposed to 1.

Hello everyone,
Thank you in advance!
Mine was a page and a half!

I submitted 12/01 and got a confirmation email 12/06. How long did it take to receive interviews?

I got an interview invite yesterday morning for 01/18! I was surprised to have received the email over the weekend && so close to the holidays haha. Anyone else get one?

I’m out of state and UMich is one of my top choices but I haven’t finished their supplemental essay yet :(

Hey guys, on fafsa for school selection are we supposed to select just plain old univeristy of michigan or is there a specific federal code for the pharmacy school?

Hey guys, on fafsa for school selection are we supposed to select just plain old univeristy of michigan or is there a specific federal code for the pharmacy school?
Hey! I'm pretty sure it is just University of Michigan.