University of Illinois Chicago- College of Pharmacy c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kntdo_339

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have seen threads for previous classes, but none for 2021.

Members don't see this ad.

My interview day is on the 20th. How was your interview day and how long did the admissions committee take to email you?

Hi everyone! I just got accepted to the Chicago campus yesterday from the 1/12 interview date :). It took them one day to reply to me. The interview is MMI there's honestly not really any way to prepare for it just be confident in your answers

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! :) I will be interviewing at Rockford!

Reactions: 1 users
Do you submit your supplemental before you get invited for interview? I read somewhere that you don't submit the supplemental until after but other schools I've applied to ask for it to be submitted before. Just wanted to make sure before I spend more money that I don't need to.

I submitted the supplemental before my interview. I think they sent me an email telling me to complete if if I remember correctly.

Do you submit your supplemental before you get invited for interview? I read somewhere that you don't submit the supplemental until after but other schools I've applied to ask for it to be submitted before. Just wanted to make sure before I spend more money that I don't need to.
The Admissions Commitee won't consider your application as complete and review it to offer an interview until you submit your supplemental application. They said it is recommended to turn it in within the 2 weeks they have sent the email. :)

The Admissions Commitee won't consider your application as complete and review it to offer an interview until you submit your supplemental application. They said it is recommended to turn it in within the 2 weeks they have sent the email. :)

I submitted the supplemental before my interview. I think they sent me an email telling me to complete if if I remember correctly.

thank you, I submitted it! How long did you take to hear back for an interview after submitting supplemental?

thank you, I submitted it! How long did you take to hear back for an interview after submitting supplemental?
After I submitted both portions of the supplemental, it took 6 days. It might take up to 2 weeks. I was honestly surprised that they got back to me in less than a week! Good luck!

Hey guys,

Just got accepted to UIC (Chicago) on the same day of the interview. Be yourself in the MMI and your good to go :)
My stats are not the best either (and I mean they are below the average at UIC) but I had quite a bit of extracurriculars and I (think I) had a strong supplemental.

Wish you all the best of luck!

sup yall, got accepted to the chicago campus back in november. First time doing an MMI interview its not bad at all, like other people said just be yourself.

Last edited:
I got accepted today and my interview was also! They emailed me within 3 hours after the conclusion of the essay! Tip: if they offer a chance to dine with current students, go! It was the perfect opportunity to ask pharmacy students questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to the class of 2021 as well and will be starting this fall. I'm from Atlanta, Georgia and I'm currently looking for a place to stay and potential roommates as well if anyone is interested.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm looking for roommates also! I was looking at two bedroom apartments because it's cheaper to split rather than me getting a one bedroom on my own.

Any thoughts on the school/interview?
The experience at Chicago will be different than at Rockford, but classes will be the same. It is all personal preference, mainly. Interviews will be MMI (multiple mini interviews) and is applied to both campuses. They grade you on a point system, so there is no competition amongst your interview group. 6 stations with 5 minutes each to explain your answer. You will get 15-20 minutes to review the scenarios ahead of time.

Last edited:
I'm looking for roommates also! I was looking at two bedroom apartments because it's cheaper to split rather than me getting a one bedroom on my own.

I was thinking that at first, but the more I think about it, the more I want to live by myself. How close are you expecting to stay?

im thinking about living by myself too, im not from chicago but ive been looking at the west loop area.

Have you guys heard anything about SSR from anyone?

Have you guys heard anything about SSR from anyone?

I've heard from former students that SSR is pretty nice. If you look at maps its also less than half a mile from our school so convenience is great. That's where I plan on living in the fall with some other Pharm students hopefully(still looking for roommates)! If you're not familiar with Chicago I heard its a great option.

I've heard from former students that SSR is pretty nice. If you look at maps its also less than half a mile from our school so convenience is great. That's where I plan on living in the fall with some other Pharm students hopefully(still looking for roommates)! If you're not familiar with Chicago I heard its a great option.

I'm from Illinois, but not entirely familiar with the area. Plus driving in Chicago sucks, especially during the winter. I still haven't really made up my mind about if I want to live alone or with people. Just curious to see what people end up doing within the next couple months as more people get accepted.

I was accepted to the class of 2021 as well and will be starting this fall. I'm from Atlanta, Georgia and I'm currently looking for a place to stay and potential roommates as well if anyone is interested.
Hey I am from Atlanta and I was accepted to UIC COP CHicago Campus back in January 11th, 2017. I was wondering if you already found all of your future roommats...?

Hey guys,

Just got accepted to UIC (Chicago) on the same day of the interview. Be yourself in the MMI and your good to go :)
My stats are not the best either (and I mean they are below the average at UIC) but I had quite a bit of extracurriculars and I (think I) had a strong supplemental.

Wish you all the best of luck!

LOL. Same. What's your dream vacation?

My interview day is on the 20th. How was your interview day and how long did the admissions committee take to email you?
How did it go?

I was leaving Chicago about an hour after the interview and received an email saying congratulations. I was geeeeked!

How did it go?

I was leaving Chicago about an hour after the interview and received an email saying congratulations. I was geeeeked!
It went extremely well and I was notified the same day too! :D

Hey I am from Atlanta and I was accepted to UIC COP CHicago Campus back in January 11th, 2017. I was wondering if you already found all of your future roommats...?

Sorry man I already went ahead and did random roommate selection. Wanted to get in my housing request as soon as possible.

Sorry man I already went ahead and did random roommate selection. Wanted to get in my housing request as soon as possible.

You chose SSR? I didn't like some of the rules, but it's probably nice living on campus. Not exactly sure what I want to do.

You chose SSR? I didn't like some of the rules, but it's probably nice living on campus. Not exactly sure what I want to do.

I obviously don't like that feeling of being an undergrad freshman in a dorm again haha, but coming from Georgia it's going to be a lot more convenient for me my first year in Chicago. Convenience is the main reason I went with SSR. It's only .25 miles from the pharmacy building, and is right next to the gym and student center. And hey, hopefully I'll meet some cool people there.

I obviously don't like that feeling of being an undergrad freshman in a dorm again haha, but coming from Georgia it's going to be a lot more convenient for me my first year in Chicago. Convenience is the main reason I went with SSR. It's only .25 miles from the pharmacy building, and is right next to the gym and student center. And hey, hopefully I'll meet some cool people there.
I know what you mean, I'm actually leaning towards SSR too. I'm curious as to what others are planning on.

Interviewed 2/21, accepted 2/26! Time to look for housing. Any suggestions?

My GPA wasn't that great 3.3 PCAT 68%. I am guessing I really shined during my interview and they took that into consideration. They sent me the letter of acceptance on a Sunday. Weird..BUT IM SO EXCITED!! :soexcited:

What were ur stats

My GPA wasn't that great 3.3 PCAT 68%. I am guessing I really shined during my interview and they took that into consideration. They sent me the letter of acceptance on a Sunday. Weird..BUT IM SO EXCITED!!:soexcited:

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone know if it's possible to gain in-state tuition after 1 year? I'm an OOS student.

Anyone know if it's possible to gain in-state tuition after 1 year? I'm an OOS student.
I don't think you would and if you did happen to, it'd be after 1 year. I would call them and ask.

I was told u can get instate tuition after the first year if u work and maintain around $20k income while living in Chicago

Anyone have any clue how long it takes to hear back about the waitlist? I would imagine more openings appear mid summer, but wanted to know how likely it is to get a spot with the low 10's

Anyone have any clue how long it takes to hear back about the waitlist? I would imagine more openings appear mid summer, but wanted to know how likely it is to get a spot with the low 10's
Final deposit for admission was March 15th, so I would imagine that UIC would start going down the waitlist by now. If you have a number in the low 10's,I think you will easily get an offer whether you have chosen Chicago or Rockford :)

Have you heard back at all about your status? I just recently interviewed at UIC and got waitlisted as well but it is my top choice so I am really hoping I get it. I'm waitlisted in the top quartile.

I was also wondering on how the ranking works because someone else who interviewed the same day as me got waitlisted as well but is 20 spots lower than I am.

Have you heard back at all about your status? I just recently interviewed at UIC and got waitlisted as well but it is my top choice so I am really hoping I get it. I'm waitlisted in the top quartile.

I was also wondering on how the ranking works because someone else who interviewed the same day as me got waitlisted as well but is 20 spots lower than I am.
The interviewing is scored based on a rubric point system from the stations. It might be possible that your total score was slightly above that person's. Other factors may attribute to the ranking such as GPA, PCAT score, extracurricular activities, and experiences.

I haven't heard back yet, no. From what I've read, I think it can take anywhere up until mid summer at least. I also heard from the student ambassadors on interview day people were still accepted mere weeks before the fall semester. I'm still attending my other school's summer orientation and planning ahead in case UIC doesn't pan out. That's the best we can all hope for at this point.

If I do get in, I'll make sure to post so others know where the waitlist is at a certain date. They won't update the wait list frequently

Classes start in a little more than 2 weeks! Has anyone was heard back or made their decisions since the last few posts?