University Conduct Violation on ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASNMEMD

Geum JanDi MD
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an M2 at a US MD school, and I may be getting a sanction from my university (not the medschool) for torrenting while living in campus housing. The worse that will happen is a fine , but I think I will have a "conduct violation" in my file for violating their online policy.

Is there a place to report this on ERAS? I looked at a myERAS sample from 2011, and did not see anywhere them asking for something like this. The only thing similar was misdemeanor or breaking the law, which this is not. Will this be an issue for me for residency? I am not sure if the distinction even matters, but this is not an academic or professionalism violation from my medschool.

I am hoping that someone who recently filled out ERAS knows if there is a section where I would have to report this, and specifically what it asks for.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I am an M2 at a US MD school, and I may be getting a sanction from my university (not the medschool) for torrenting while living in campus housing. The worse that will happen is a fine , but I think I will have a "conduct violation" in my file for violating their online policy.

Is there a place to report this on ERAS? I looked at a myERAS sample from 2011, and did not see anywhere them asking for something like this. The only thing similar was misdemeanor or breaking the law, which this is not. Will this be an issue for me for residency? I am not sure if the distinction even matters, but this is not an academic or professionalism violation from my medschool.

I am hoping that someone who recently filled out ERAS knows if there is a section where I would have to report this, and specifically what it asks for.

Thank you.

You would not need to report any undergrad sanctions from your school on your residency application unless you were charged with a legal violation (misdemeanor/felony).

Fight the copyright trolls, don't fall for their scam/scare tactic, also buy a VPN

You would not need to report any undergrad sanctions from your school on your residency application unless you were charged with a legal violation (misdemeanor/felony).
I should have been more specific. The University that my medical school is affiliated with, not the college of medicine, gave me this warning a few days ago. This is not an undergraduate thing. Will I have to report it on ERAS? Is there a place to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.