Unethical Chiropractors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But then you're not saying much of anything if all you're saying is some doctors go into gray areas of what is ethical or EBM. Still, you're categorizing things as equal. There are different degrees of what is dangerous and what is just wasteful for patients. Anti-vax can literally kill children, whereas some unnecessary EKG will only be a waste of time and money to the patient/insurance company.

Okay, glad we cleared up that you are just trolling.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
"I don't agree with you. Therefore, you're a troll." If you were a chick, we'd say you're pH 14.

This is one of the more transparent attempts to create something out of nothing. And no where did anyone say that. You clearly don't know anything about this topic, make wild claims and then when get called on it start attacking other posters. But, keep pretending that you aren't trolling, nobody else is fooled.

Reactions: 6 users
"I don't agree with you. Therefore, you're a troll." If you were a chick, we'd say you're pH 14.
Don't see why you are arguing with that guy. Most of his posts can be summed to: 'I am a vascular surgery resident; I know more than you.' He thinks he is alpha and omega of medicine...

Last edited:
Don't see why you are arguing with that guy. Most of his posts can be summed to: 'I am a vascular surgeon resident; I know more than you.' He thinks he is alpha and omega of medicine...
For the lulz mainly, but yeah, he must be mistreated in his residency a lot if he needs to come flex to the med student forum.

I just see a vascular surgery resident put out some well thought out writeup that point out some issues in the community....

And here med students talking smack and using personal attacks...

Reactions: 13 users
I just see a vascular surgery resident put out some well thought out writeup that point out some issues in the community....

And here med students talking smack and using personal attacks...
But it was "for the lulz"!!!

:smack:

This is one of the more transparent attempts to create something out of nothing. And no where did anyone say that. You clearly don't know anything about this topic, make wild claims and then when get called on it start attacking other posters. But, keep pretending that you aren't trolling, nobody else is fooled.
Par for the course for said poster.

Reactions: 1 users
Action: Thread time out for AlbinoHawk DO.

Members are reminded to be courteous and contribute positively to the forums.

Let's get the thread back on track now, please.

Cardiologists performing non-heart based caths. If I had to guess, ~50-60% of the lower extremity endovascular work that I have seen performed by community based cardiologists is completely unwarranted.

This.

But then you're not saying much of anything if all you're saying is some doctors go into gray areas of what is ethical or EBM. Still, you're categorizing things as equal. There are different degrees of what is dangerous and what is just wasteful for patients. Anti-vax can literally kill children, whereas some unnecessary EKG will only be a waste of time and money to the patient/insurance company.

Unwarrented stenting of claudicants can result in limb loss. That is a big deal.

Unwarrented stenting of claudicants can result in limb loss. That is a big deal.
Also deaths related to cardiac vessel perfs, stroke, hematomas requiring blood,cin, .....

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For vaccines. The anti-vaccine sentiment is due mostly to the theatrics of people like Jenny McCarthy.

I know what Jenny McCarthy did. I meant your statement didn't make sense.

Worse than McCarthy's voice on the matter, there's the fabricated study by Dr. Wakefield which, despite it being retracted from the Lancet, is STILL referenced by people today. One of my attendings had a parent bring a print out of the article to clinic one day, citing why they didn't want vaccines for their child. And there are actual physicians, pediatricians even, who are anti-vax or promote unnecessary delayed vaccination schedules. Some of them, like Daniel Neides, have positions of power at their institution and can reach a wide audience with their views.

Reactions: 1 user
I know what Jenny McCarthy did. I meant your statement didn't make sense.

Worse than McCarthy's voice on the matter, there's the fabricated study by Dr. Wakefield which, despite it being retracted from the Lancet, is STILL referenced by people today. One of my attendings had a parent bring a print out of the article to clinic one day, citing why they didn't want vaccines for their child. And there are actual physicians, pediatricians even, who are anti-vax or promote unnecessary delayed vaccination schedules. Some of them, like Daniel Neides, have positions of power at their institution and can reach a wide audience with their views.

Sad and also a bit frightening. It can take years to undo the effects of public misinformation...

I have an aunt who refuses to vaccincate my cousins bc of what McCarthy said on the air.

How many anti-vaxx physicians are there, 0.005%? Anti-vaccine sentiment is taught at chiropractic schools, I don't want to speculate that all of them are anti-vaxx but I've never heard of ANY chiro that gave a thumbs up to pediatricians' immunizations. And this is not just vaccines, whichever medicine's recommended course of action, you will find a chiropractor that wholeheartedly disagrees.

How many anti-vaxx physicians are there, 0.005%? Anti-vaccine sentiment is taught at chiropractic schools, I don't want to speculate that all of them are anti-vaxx but I've never heard of ANY chiro that gave a thumbs up to pediatricians' immunizations. And this is not just vaccines, whichever medicine's recommended course of action, you will find a chiropractor that wholeheartedly disagrees.

They have to hang their hats on something, and since evidence based medicine is already under our auspices...pickings are slim.

Eh, I know a few chiropractors that actually are pretty ethical/responsible with their patients and tell them up front that the adjustments aren't going to cure anything. They mostly treated refractory low back pain or people with minor aches/pains who don't want to use meds. It does have far too many people promoting BS though, and is one of the only fields that has so many quacks (probably mostly) that insurance will actually cover...

I saw a Facebook live video of a chiropractor performing a neck adjustment on a child with downs syndrome. She explained that the reason for the child's condition was unknown, but since it's a neurological issue. Once she gets rid of subluxation then the body will self heal. I think what she is doing is unethical, because we all know her adjustments will not cure the child's autism. I often see more nonsense like this from other chiropractors who often post anti-vaccine and claim their way is better than medicine. I believe it is time we come together and put our foot down on chiropractors who do this.
As a chiro myself I CAN believe that this was done because there are chiros (just like in any other profession) that make unethical and unintelligent decisions in practice. During his chiro training he should have been taught that children with down syndrome are at risk for atlantoaxial instability due to transverse ligament laxity just like patients with inflammatory arthropathies (RA, AS etc), lupus patients and so-on. A. Down syndrome and Autism are completely different. B. he/she should not have treated the patient and if he/she wanted to manipulate the neck (although I think it is contraindicated) flexion/extension radiographs should have been done to check ADI measurements prior to treatment.

Last edited: